hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

Trouble after the game?

Being reported on social media. Anyone hear or see anything?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hearing on twitter that a Utd fan was stabbed. Hope to God thats not true.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Was going to ask if anyone knew what was going on towards the top of Easter Road. Looked like a lot of flashing lights.

Any update on this at all ???

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearing on twitter that a Utd fan was stabbed. Hope to God thats not true.
    Pretty much what I noticed on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Was going to ask if anyone knew what was going on towards the top of Easter Road. Looked like a lot of flashing lights.
    As far as I could see that was nothing to do with football supporters. When I went past It looked like somebody had been knocked down by a car well before the end of the match. Just hope they are OK

I was late getting out the ground and by the time I made it to Easter Road the Police were already leaving. Can't see that being the case if the '2 United fans stabbed, 1 Hibs fan dead' rumour that seems to be the favourite on Twitter and Facebook is true.

If there has been stabbings and/or a fatality surely a mainstream media source would have picked up on it by now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Reading on Facebook that two Dundee Utd fans were stabbed and a Hibs fan is dead. Hopefully crap on all fronts.

@hibs.net private member
    Plenty polis at top ER & LR. 10 of them had 3 mature males pinned against the shops. Never seen what led up to it.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Someone was getting stretchered into an ambulance near Middletons when I was going past, not sure if it was violence related but there were loads and loads of police there too. Really, really hope that those are just rumours.

Somebody on Twitter said they were talking to United fans on the train after the game and the United fans said that the United fan was drunk and fell onto the road and got knocked over.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Cops had at least one I could see in handcuffs in van while ambulance was dealing with casuaty That's all I saw.

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Sales assistant in the off licence at the spot where the multiple police vehicles and ambulance were on ER, said there had been trouble between rival fans. At least one person being treated by medics when we passed.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If someone was killed they wouldn't have let thousands of folk walk through the crime scene I'd hope.

The police weren't questioning anyone, they were stopping traffic. There were paramedics helping someone on the ground and just one ambulance.

2 stabbings and a fatality would involve a lot more emergency services I'd have thought.

My guess is that someone got knocked down. The cars there weren't damaged and they let a few taxis drive through.

Hopefully it just looked a lot a lot worse than it was.

If Easter Road was blocked at top, it would explain why the foot of Easter Road was devoid of cars after game. It's usually chocca. As I was obviously going in opposite direction towards the Links, can't comment on any potential trouble. Only to say, saw no police cars coming from Queen Charlotte Street station. If it was that serious would have expected some action from them from there? No sirens either as I recall.

Saw lights zooming by heading towards the top of ER as I started the long and fruitless wait to get served at the Office. Saw nothing untowards on ER itself 5 minutes later though

I walked up ER to Regent Rd at 10.15pm no issues & police looked like returning after seeing away coaches depart.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Sounds like a lot of Chinese whispers to me. I'm sure if it's anything serious it will
    Be reported in the various media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From STV Edinburgh...

A man is in hospital after suffering a head injury outside a football stadium in Edinburgh.

Police confirmed the man was hurt after Hibernian played Dundee Utd in a Scottish Championship match at Easter Road stadium on Friday night.

The incident came amid reports of violence between rival supporters after the game.

More than 18,000 fans attended the fixture in Edinburgh's Leith area.

Police attended the scene at around 9.30pm on Easter Road.

The man's condition is not yet known, and he remains in hospital receiving treatment for his injuries.

Police were called for a 'large disturbance'. Dunno what happened but I'd also heard that they had expected casuals to clash.

Hope nothing major happened and pleased to say that I saw bugger all bother as I walked down ER.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I walked past about a dozen of third casuals on Regent Road at about 11 in a Hibs jacket. Wasn't feeling too smart about it but they didn't look the road I was on.

Police were taking statements at the top of ER. They also had a few guys surrounded on Waterloo place. The guys really weren't happy about it!

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/137...ampaign=buffer

Apparently reporting a man taken to hospital with head injuries. Hope he is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Reading on Facebook that two Dundee Utd fans were stabbed and a Hibs fan is dead. Hopefully crap on all fronts.
    Tine to come off Facebook I'd suggest?

*assuming this is pish as per usual?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Saw lights zooming by heading towards the top of ER as I started the long and fruitless wait to get served at the Office. Saw nothing untowards on ER itself 5 minutes later though
    Almost certainly an automobile incident and didn't look pretty. Ambulances, police cars, stretchers and neck braces and, I'm not certain, but looked liked someone trapped under a car from what I saw from a brief glimpse. Kinda boozy so not entirely reliable but that's how I saw it.

I was told there were tooled up DUFC casuals in Tamsons before the game

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Somebody on Twitter said they were talking to United fans on the train after the game and the United fans said that the United fan was drunk and fell onto the road and got knocked over.
    We were chatting to a very drunk DUFC fan in JT on Elm row pre match, hope it's not the case!

Quote Originally Posted by gramskiwood View Post
    I was told there were tooled up DUFC casuals in Tamsons before the game
    I was in Tamsons from just after 6pm till 7:30 and never saw anybody who looked like trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    Almost certainly an automobile incident and didn't look pretty. Ambulances, police cars, stretchers and neck braces and, I'm not certain, but looked liked someone trapped under a car from what I saw from a brief glimpse. Kinda boozy so not entirely reliable but that's how I saw it.
    It looked like a parked car the boy was lying under and there weren't any non-police vehicles there that looked like they were involved.

Probably just someone who came off second best in a fight.