hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tonights games

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We play at Championship pace, because we've been in this league for too long .......... we simply are, agree or not, a Championship club. Mind you, that's no reason for not beating every other Championship club. We have to adopt a real Premiership attitude and go into every game with a need and desire to win. That's dead easy for us to say, the players have to believe it and put it into operation.
    How many premiership sides have beaten us over the past two years? Only Ross County I think (and they were lucky). Whereas we've beaten ICT, Dundee Utd (last season), Aberdeen, St Johnstone and, of course, Them. We struggle in the Championship because we try to play football against the same 9 negative teams over and over again. With cup games on top we play some of those teams 5 or 6 times in a season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    How many premiership sides have beaten us over the past two years? Only Ross County I think (and they were lucky). Whereas we've beaten ICT, Dundee Utd (last season), Aberdeen, St Johnstone and, of course, Them. We struggle in the Championship because we try to play football against the same 9 negative teams over and over again. With cup games on top we play some of those teams 5 or 6 times in a season.
    I keep reading comments (wind-ups) in the Scotsman re 'Only the Championship', 'Diddy League' and other crap of a similar nature. I'm looking at the Premier table now, and what I see is 1 team 19 pts in front (with a game in hand) of their nearest challenger, and the team in 4th (that's you yams) 27 pts behind, again with the extra game...before the New Year!!! The top half of the Championship could easily compete with the also rans in the 'big' league.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Anyone else watching Liverpool v Man City? It's another attractive fixture but so far the game has not lived up to expectations. Liverpool winning 1-0 at present and at this stage seem happy to sit in and defend their lead.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    I don't dispute the fact that we have the potential to up the pace and have done in the past. My point is, we should be doing it every week.