hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've yet to see nurses or firefighters having organisations set up to fund their futures and give them discounts on public and private services. Neither have I seen parades held in their honour. It doesn't stop at nurses and firemen though.
    im sure there is something for firefighters, may be wrong though, granted no parades but i personally dont have an issue with that, what kind of discounts would you like them to get?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    im sure there is something for firefighters, may be wrong though, granted no parades but i personally dont have an issue with that, what kind of discounts would you like them to get?
    You just have to Google "forces charities" and you'll get a couple of days worth of reading on the subject. I just don't get why our armed forces get special treatment or indeed why some of them even expect it. I can relate to those who land on hard times because of work related injuries/problems and they should be entitled to help and compensation from their employers.

You just have to Google "forces charities" and you'll get a couple of days worth of reading on the subject. I just don't get why our armed forces get special treatment or indeed why some of them even expect it. I can relate to those who land on hard times because of work related injuries/problems and they should be entitled to help and compensation from their employers.
    you havent really answered the question, what kind of discounts woukd you like nursing staff to get, and i know what charities there are for ex service staff, there are charities for firefighters as well

you havent really answered the question, what kind of discounts woukd you like nursing staff to get, and i know what charities there are for ex service staff, there are charities for firefighters as well
    I didn't say I want nurses or firemen for that to get discounts and special privileges, all I said was that there's an expectancy that members of the forces should and I don't agree with that. Simply put my point is that the forces no more deserve special treatment than other occupations.

I didn't say I want nurses or firemen for that to get discounts and special privileges, all I said was that there's an expectancy that members of the forces should and I don't agree with that. Simply put my point is that the forces no more deserve special treatment than other occupations.
    yes you did, as per your post earlier i suggest you look in to what is available for these groups of staff, i have been in the services and currently nhs so know exactly what is available and nhs staff are very well looked after if anything happens, and as per your post regarding discounts for these staff groups, again i suggest you look in to it as we get hundreds of discounts on things

yes you did, as per your post earlier i suggest you look in to what is available for these groups of staff, i have been in the services and currently nhs so know exactly what is available and nhs staff are very well looked after if anything happens, and as per your post regarding discounts for these staff groups, again i suggest you look in to it as we get hundreds of discounts on things
    No point discussing this any further if you're gonna insist I said something I clearly didn't. Kinda makes it hard to take what you say seriously if you're having imaginary conversations with me.

No point discussing this any further if you're gonna insist I said something I clearly didn't. Kinda makes it hard to take what you say seriously if you're having imaginary conversations with me.
    you said you have yet to see them get discounts, i suggest you go back and check your posts before you try to be a smart arse

you said you have yet to see them get discounts, i suggest you go back and check your posts before you try to be a smart arse
    How the hell is that the same as me wanting them to get discounts? For what it's worth, in my opinion, those that go to work day in and day out looking after and tending to the sick, lame, injured and elderly all deserve a medal.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    And mine. Time for a Republic.
    Long past time, IMO.

Have I ever mentioned that there's a perfectly serviceable decapitation device in the Scottish Museum in Chambers Street?

Seriously, Professor Scranton is a man who shows every sign of being worthy of the very highest respect.

I would vote for him for President.
    Last edited by Doddie; 02-01-2017 at 01:46 PM.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."