hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I'm confused. Are we calling him Rolf, Cletus or Chaplin now?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thankfully players aren't like fans and appreciate how bad being out the game for a while can be.
    More like the players don't think about football the same way fans do. It's their job.

I'm sure being injured is a bit crap but lets not go overboard here. In the scheme of things it's nothing compared to how bad things can get for millions of other people.

When you want managers sacked what thought are you giving to them or their family?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Cletus.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm definitely confused now, I thought he was Ron Mael the Sparks keyboard player

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Cletus.
    just so as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    To many people are forgetting that all players nowadays are insured against such injuries, as 1 bad tackle can lead to a loss of playing career!

Also players union have funds for just this sort of thing.

Over the years our own players have suffered from bad injuries, and even in Derby games of Old, everyone from both sets of fans applauded a player being stretchered off!

How times have changed, not always for the good!

Banter is fine, to wish bad on someone is quite degrading of our support, ( HIBS CLASS)?
    not this

Gimp?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I'm definitely confused now, I thought he was Ron Mael the Sparks keyboard player

No no no! The distinction between Ron and Cletus is that Ron has charisma!

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    No no no! The distinction between Ron and Cletus is that Ron has charisma!
    Charisma? Who the **** is she? Now I am confused

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Listen, we all, every man & woman, dinnae seriously wish bad on OTHERS. But its a fact, its happened tae me more than I think deserved to ME in my career, injuries are happening. Cos thats what happens to humans. Young & Old. Equally as important. Your selectively nissin a good bit here tho! Fitba player. Very well paid & insured, a lot more than most physical workers who can equally be incapacitated with exact same injuries & renumerated a lot less! & I will tell ye what, maybe the generation I am from & how I grew up watchin Hibs & saw interaction between OUR fans/players etc & them to us, then sorry but until you re-educate me on how I should be supportin football, but this is good news for my team. & this players lark, I played long enough to have 2 totally goosed knees now, yeah compassionate etc but opposition get real. You dont want them doing well. Us dinosaurs, eh? Better place when our lack of mobility due to no limbs left finish us all of, then you can all just love & hug each other & cry happily cos the dinosaurs have died on out, & yous can get on with your better place. I am quite lookin forward tae the clouds.
    That's the best rant I've read in a while. You might need to lie down after that one.

For what's it's worth just because they get paid better doesn't mean they then deserve to be put out the game. I myself have pins and screws in my knee and had to give up. Again wouldn't wish a knee injury on anyone, I'm 38 so if that's to young I bow to the "older wiser" generation.

A lot has changed since the 60's and 70's in football folk need to just chill out it's a ****ing game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    More like the players don't think about football the same way fans do. It's their job.

I'm sure being injured is a bit crap but lets not go overboard here. In the scheme of things it's nothing compared to how bad things can get for millions of other people.

When you want managers sacked what thought are you giving to them or their family?
    Managers can find jobs, if a player suffers an injury that's bad or effects long term performance then I know what I'd rather be.

I'm not saying Pattersons Injury will stop him progressing I just don't see the joy in it. But hey-ho each to their own.

Edit.. One last thing, do we have to refer back to Pat Fenlon on everything you disagree with me. He was awful Andy leave it in the past.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 28-12-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    My mates thought it was hilarious when I put my back out at fives. That was a career ender as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

So to summarise,

Cletus Mael, aka Ron Hitler the yams full back and occasional gimpy keyboard player with the Chaplin tâche has done his cruciate. And there is a distinct lack of sympathy. And Matty has done his back in.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    So to summarise,

Cletus Mael, aka Ron Hitler the yams full back and occasional gimpy keyboard player with the Chaplin tâche has done his cruciate. And there is a distinct lack of sympathy.
    Sounds about right.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    People are criticising folk for wishing a serious injury on a player.

As I see it, no one wished an injury on anyone.

The boy did that by himself.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

You, sonny, have a lot of growing up to do! Youve seen a bit, yes, but a TINY bit, & your head needs to swell down by at least 2 sizes. You know a bit football. But not a lot more, sonny.
    Wait I need to grow up to wish a player a sore one?

I know as much as the next fan/supporter on here we're no better than anyone else! I grew up in a **** hole rough as hell, and I've seen many horrible things so maybe that's why I don't have the same opinion as yourself. Either way we are all wired different I just don't get the joy of it simple as that.

@hibs.net private member
    So to summarise,

Cletus Mael, aka Ron Hitler the yams full back and occasional gimpy keyboard player with the Chaplin tâche has done his cruciate. And there is a distinct lack of sympathy. And Matty has done his back in.
    ............and Hearts still cannot afford their stand.

So to summarise,

I don't think you should leave Charisma out, she was only just starting to get a bit of recognition here.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I don't think you should leave Charisma out, she was only just starting to get a bit of recognition here.

I'm not gossiping but I think she's how Matty put his back out.

I'm not gossiping but I think she's how Matty put his back out.
    Bloody cheerleaders, more trouble than they're worth.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Some folk need to grow up a bit. The guy, while still being a complete weirdo, was only doing his job and now has a serious injury. Can't say I see the humour or celebration in that.

Wonder if those who are rejoicing in the news would be equally as happy had it been Griffiths and it was Celtic losing one of their nest players for 8 months.

Managers can find jobs, if a player suffers an injury that's bad or effects long term performance then I know what I'd rather be.

I'm not saying Pattersons Injury will stop him progressing I just don't see the joy in it. But hey-ho each to their own.

Edit.. One last thing, do we have to refer back to Pat Fenlon on everything you disagree with me. He was awful Andy leave it in the past.

To be fair, I can see Andy's point here. You say managers can find another job but that's not quite true as their reputation can be seriously dented if they are hounded out of a job.

Is a physical injury more significant or debilitating than a psychological trauma or neurological disorder?

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    That's the best rant I've read in a while. You might need to lie down after that one.

For what's it's worth just because they get paid better doesn't mean they then deserve to be put out the game. I myself have pins and screws in my knee and had to give up. Again wouldn't wish a knee injury on anyone, I'm 38 so if that's to young I bow to the "older wiser" generation.

A lot has changed since the 60's and 70's in football folk need to just chill out it's a ****ing game of football.
    No, sorry, your so far up your own erchie needs repeating. My knees are goosed. For your info, so is my left shoulder. All done & NOT coming back by age 50. By football which pays plenty? That was just my enjoyable sideline, which destroyed both my knees. But you ken better, eh, ranting by auld codgers etc. You, sonny, could not have survived in my working environment. Fortunately you werenae there, cos we all needed to rely on each other. But you revel in yer ken better younger been players everybody else knows nowt environment. You & the players & trainers & coaches up at that altitude shouldnae be bothering wi the concerns of minions like me who are not connected important people like you! Sorry for troublin ye!

No, sorry, your so far up your own erchie needs repeating. My knees are goosed. For your info, so is my left shoulder. All done & NOT coming back by age 50. By football which pays plenty? That was just my enjoyable sideline, which destroyed both my knees. But you ken better, eh, ranting by auld codgers etc. You, sonny, could not have survived in my working environment. Fortunately you werenae there, cos we all needed to rely on each other. But you revel in yer ken better younger been players everybody else knows nowt environment. You & the players & trainers & coaches up at that altitude shouldnae be bothering wi the concerns of minions like me who are not connected important people like you! Sorry for troublin ye!
    Do you have a view on Cletus?

I do. He's an unfortunate looking chap.

He better stay away from charisma, I swear I'll do time.......

Sir Matt Busby

What are you on about? Where have I said I know better? Your actually losing the plot here and I'm being serious!!

I've had serious injurys that put me out work I'm not moaning about it, it's life.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 28-12-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Charlie Chaplin was also commonly known as 'The Tramp' because of his on screen persona.

Just saying.

Coaching Staff

When did I mention Pat Fenlon??

What are you on about? Where have I said I know better? Your actually losing the plot here and I'm being serious!!

I've had serious injurys that put me out work I'm not moaning about it, it's life.
    I wish yous two would stay on topic Ffs.