hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get all this not wanting to revel in players injuries.

During my teenage years I used to pray that John Robertson broke his legs on a weekly basis.
    I remember those ****s being delighted when Berry injured Paul Wright in a derby. Sure one of them broke Scott Brown's leg as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Pleasant change reading about our neighbours misfortune instead of threads slating our own players.

Testimonial Due
    To many people are forgetting that all players nowadays are insured against such injuries, as 1 bad tackle can lead to a loss of playing career!

Also players union have funds for just this sort of thing.

Over the years our own players have suffered from bad injuries, and even in Derby games of Old, everyone from both sets of fans applauded a player being stretchered off!

How times have changed, not always for the good!

Banter is fine, to wish bad on someone is quite degrading of our support, ( HIBS CLASS)?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    Dont place everyone in the same boat as me,,,theres loads of hibs class,,,im just a cold hearted ba****d who takes no pity in any hearts players injury. I remember the days when it was just the players that were told they were soft.
    Only my opinion you and a few others need to grow up

I am unsure whether to send him a 'get well soon' card or a mirror so he can use the time to sort his gear out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The context of a football supporter being happy on hearing of an injury to footballer (rival/opposition) is exactly my point. All about opinions but not one I will ever share.
    Not relating this personally to you.
    But Liverpool abusing Manchester United fans over Munich & visa versa Manchester United abusing Liverpool fans over Hillsborough & you are bothered what folk are saying about Charles Chaplin.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    To many people are forgetting that all players nowadays are insured against such injuries, as 1 bad tackle can lead to a loss of playing career!

Over the years our own players have suffered from bad injuries, and even in Derby games of Old, everyone from both sets of fans applauded a player being stretchered off!

Banter is fine, to wish bad on someone is quite degrading of our support, ( HIBS CLASS)?
    This

@hibs.net private member
    The context of a football supporter being happy on hearing of an injury to footballer (rival/opposition) is exactly my point. All about opinions but not one I will ever share.
    Right with you there SH. I like to see players properly punished for persistent fouls in the park and find myself strongly disliking players who persistently cheat. Paterson Is one of those players. However, I do not care what club they play for or how badly they cheat I will never wish long term injury on any player.
    When he plays to his strengths Paterson is a quality player and we cannot get enough of those in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post

Football players don't suddenly lose the ability to walk and talk once they retire or have a career ending injury. They can ALL get a normal job once their football career is over, there is absolutely nothing stopping them.

I'd love it if they had more injuries over there, the more misery they have the better in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    Only my opinion you and a few others need to grow up

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Not relating this personally to you.
    But Liverpool abusing Manchester United fans over Munich & visa versa Manchester United abusing Liverpool fans over Hillsborough & you are bothered what folk are saying about Charles Chaplin.
    Sorry, what is your point? I post about disagreeing with rejoicing in the injury of a player and your response is to quote erseholes who sing sick songs! I don't get it.

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry, what is your point? I post about disagreeing with rejoicing in the injury of a player and your response is to quote erseholes who sing sick songs! I don't get it.
    Is it not sick that people are mocking him for being injured.
    Like most clubs this will happen when rival players get injured. Think your main teams fans did the same when Luke Shaw broke his leg.

Hope he makes a quick recovery as don't like to see any young player seriously injured regardless of who they play for.

Like most clubs this will happen when rival players get injured. Think your main teams fans did the same when Luke Shaw broke his leg.
    Eh? You still haven't answered my question,I couldn't care less what other people sing and who they support,they certainly don't represent my feelings. I never called anyone on here sick either,I just don't agree with rejoicing in injury of a football player.

Young player suffering a bad injury isn't funny imo. I wish him all the best and a full recovery. As someone who done the same injury I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Eh? You still haven't answered my question,I couldn't care less what other people sing and who they support,they certainly don't represent my feelings. I never called anyone on here sick either,I just don't agree with rejoicing in injury of a football player.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Football players don't suddenly lose the ability to walk and talk once they retire or have a career ending injury. They can ALL get a normal job once their football career is over, there is absolutely nothing stopping them.

I'd love it if they had more injuries over there, the more misery they have the better in my opinion.
    Your some deflector, Scouse, & you ken it well! I'm with Blackpool here, players love to stick it to the fans, well observed, they also have plenty more than the fans, they work, they get injured (just like fans at their work do) they are well paid & insured, & if they play for that west of Edinburgh Poppy theivin disgrace, like they do to us, they will get it tight! Sorry, but hopefully league derbies next season, this is bad news for them financially. It's fitba & it is barry from my viewpoint to see potter & budge & their theivin project takin a big hit!

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Your some deflector, Scouse, & you ken it well! I'm with Blackpool here, players love to stick it to the fans, well observed, they also have plenty more than the fans, they work, they get injured (just like fans at their work do) they are well paid & insured, & if they play for that west of Edinburgh Poppy theivin disgrace, like they do to us, they will get it tight! Sorry, but hopefully league derbies next season, this is bad news for them financially. It's fitba & it is barry from my viewpoint to see potter & budge & their theivin project takin a big hit!
    Deflector? I'm deflecting nothing if you want to rejoice in the injury of a player go ahead, just don't expect me to change my opinion and agree because of some notion that fans singing songs makes it right.

Testimonial Due
    If you look at his tweet about the scan results, the first reply wishing him well is from a Hibs player.

Just saying.

Deflector? I'm deflecting nothing if you want to rejoice in the injury of a player go ahead, just don't expect me to change my opinion and agree because of some notion that fans singing songs makes it right.
    I'm was you here, all for laughing at Hearts but not a young lad who's suffered sore one. Yes they might be insured but they would still rather be on the park doing exactly what we wish we could do and that's play the game.

It's not just a job, folk need to remember it's something they love doing as well. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone in the normal working environment even if they were insured it's just weird and bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    If you look at his tweet about the scan results, the first reply wishing him well is from a Hibs player.

Just saying.
    Thankfully players aren't like fans and appreciate how bad being out the game for a while can be.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Thankfully players aren't like fans and appreciate how bad being out the game for a while can be.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    I well remember getting a straight red for a shocking 2 footed lunge on Malonga as Hibs were on the break a couple of years back, No sympathy. karma imo. Btw all this good Scottish talent ? really ? if you can win a few headers your a good talent average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If Hearts are smart, they'll negotiate a new contract for him ASAP.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

If Cletus is smart he'll run down his contract, pay his own physio bills (which is herts style) and sign on a free down in the English Championship with a higher salary.

Anyone thinking Rolf was going for a million in January are mental. He's a decent full back but defensively poor. His positional awareness is brutal yet could be a very good wing back. I for one don't revel in the lads injury but find it mildly funny they were banking on this cash for their all singing All dancing super duper new stand. If Paterson could sort out the defensive side of his game he would become a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's actually a pretty decent guy and on a personal level I wish him well.

As for Hearts? They pretty much admitted at their AGM they are now in the same place Hibs were a few years back of having to sell players to do much else so my sympathy level isn't a lot. Welcome to the real world.
    I never look at him as a pretty decent guy, more a typical smug faced gorgie torag. maybe that's just me, and also I don't know him on a personal level. However, bad luck with the injury although I have seen much worse industrial injuries through work, over the years. Got to say that the possibility that this derails any income to the gorgie mob through a transfer fee, cheers me so much.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    I'm was you here, all for laughing at Hearts but not a young lad who's suffered sore one. Yes they might be insured but they would still rather be on the park doing exactly what we wish we could do and that's play the game.

It's not just a job, folk need to remember it's something they love doing as well. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone in the normal working environment even if they were insured it's just weird and bitter.
    Listen, we all, every man & woman, dinnae seriously wish bad on OTHERS. But its a fact, its happened tae me more than I think deserved to ME in my career, injuries are happening. Cos thats what happens to humans. Young & Old. Equally as important. Your selectively nissin a good bit here tho! Fitba player. Very well paid & insured, a lot more than most physical workers who can equally be incapacitated with exact same injuries & renumerated a lot less! & I will tell ye what, maybe the generation I am from & how I grew up watchin Hibs & saw interaction between OUR fans/players etc & them to us, then sorry but until you re-educate me on how I should be supportin football, but this is good news for my team. & this players lark, I played long enough to have 2 totally goosed knees now, yeah compassionate etc but opposition get real. You dont want them doing well. Us dinosaurs, eh? Better place when our lack of mobility due to no limbs left finish us all of, then you can all just love & hug each other & cry happily cos the dinosaurs have died on out, & yous can get on with your better place. I am quite lookin forward tae the clouds.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    I well remember getting a straight red for a shocking 2 footed lunge on Malonga as Hibs were on the break a couple of years back, No sympathy. karma imo. Btw all this good Scottish talent ? really ? if you can win a few headers your a good talent average at best.
    Who can forget the Souness tackle,,,,,,,,i wanted someone to break his legs that season,,in fact add Mcmoist into that as well.

That was atrocious.

Very bad form. Can't believe the abuse the poor guy took from sick Liverpool fans..

So is mugging old grannies to some people,it just depends on the type of person you are.
    Says a Liverpool fan, who's never saw big Phil halfing anyone in two

Coaching Staff
    Young player suffering a bad injury isn't funny imo. I wish him all the best and a full recovery. As someone who done the same injury I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Me to, knee was never the same again & that was after months physo.