hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    anyone think the dundee united striker simon murray could do a job for us(next season)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anyone think the dundee united striker simon murray could do a job for us(next season)
    We've already tried to get him

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    We've already tried to get him

oh right, this window or pre-season one ? get him up top with cummings next season :)

Utd's Scottish cup tie with Ross County is huge for there confidence. They win and I think they'll pick up... However if they take a battering they'll find it hard to lift themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Utd's Scottish cup tie with Ross County is huge for there confidence. They win and I think they'll pick up... However if they take a battering they'll find it hard to lift themselves.
    Why would that have any bearing on things?

Ross County are the Premiership team so they should be expected to win the tie. Dundee Utd have little pressure on them next week.

I also don't think a win for them would have any significant impact on how they'll get on for the rest of the league season.

I hope they win. Adds another high impact game to their schedule and puts more strain on their squad.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I hope they win. Adds another high impact game to their schedule and puts more strain on their squad.
    This ... nobody knows better than us how a cup run can put a strain on your efforts in the league.

Yes, like our fabulous cup run did wonders for our league form. (Not that I'm complaining...)

Our next 3 are QOTS away ..... Ayr Utd home .... Raith Rovers away ................... QOTS away is always difficult but we should have too much for Ayr Utd and RR, though I've no doubt Raith will do their best to give us a tough game.

Dundee Utd have Dunfermline away ..... Raith Rovers home .... St Mirren away, though that's been postponed. Dunfermline could be a banana skin for Utd, but they should beat RR at Tannadice. The fact that their game with St Mirren has been moved to a later date could benefit us because in their current form they would have been a gimmie for Utd.

If we can win our next 3 and Utd their next 2 we would be 9 points ahead with a goal difference that would effectively make it 10, though Utd would have that game in hand .... points in the bag are always better though.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    You would of thought they'd pick up after beating us at Tanadice. They didn't.

Hibs for the league.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    You would of thought they'd pick up after beating us at Tanadice. They didn't.

Hibs for the league.
    To be fair they did - it's only last 3 games they've faltered and we've picked up wins rather than draws

Who cares about Dundee united? Why are so many people on this Worried about them, their incomparable to hibs.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Who cares about Dundee united? Why are so many people on this Worried about them, their incomparable to hibs.
    I don't think anyone is overly worried, but in the back of my mind (and I'm sure I speak for many) is that the thought of a few slip ups and another round of play-offs, and then -God forbid- another season in the championship is totally unbearable.

We have a nice wee comfort blanket over Utd now, but I want us to build it higher and get the league put to bed ASAP.

As someone has already mentioned, they are in a similar position that we were in last year, where we made up the points difference but then went into free fall and were over taken and ended up 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Spoke to my brother and his son who are Arabs they thought cammy bell should have done better with 2 of the queens goals yesterday. The second went through a defenders legs, then through his. The 3rd was a shot from outside the box. A few weeks ago that didn't happen to them. Maybe their luck and momentum has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Spoke to my brother and his son who are Arabs they thought cammy bell should have done better with 2 of the queens goals yesterday. The second went through a defenders legs, then through his. The 3rd was a shot from outside the box. A few weeks ago that didn't happen to them. Maybe their luck and momentum has gone.
    Sounds like Bell is making a habit of it, since all three of our goals went through his legs as well (I think).

I don't think anybodys overly worried but they are our title challengers so of course we are going to take an interest in them. The gap we have is good but the league is far from wrapped up. If we just keep winning though then it wont matter what Utd do, we must keep this in our own hands, we don't want to have to rely on other teams doing us favours.

Just like Falkirk were last season? We care about them because, like it or not, the second tier of Scottish football is where we are right now and they are our main rivals if we want to GTF out of it.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Ideal scenario imo, in fact my ideal scenario is they get through to the semi's and get put out by us again. We then go on and beat hertz in the final, breaking another hoodoo of the last three years when the winner against Raith wins the final. Retaining the cup will destroy their support, no longer financially doped they realise that they are going to be dominated by the team in green for the foreseeable future as they struggle selling their best players to pay for their new stand and the upkeep of the three pink stand which are coming to the end of their life soon. That all on top of paying through the nose for 'their' training facilities. Plus they'll have to watch us invest in our playing side, become the 2nd best team in the country and challenge for cups every season. Seems only fair

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Why would that have any bearing on things?

Ross County are the Premiership team so they should be expected to win the tie. Dundee Utd have little pressure on them next week.

I also don't think a win for them would have any significant impact on how they'll get on for the rest of the league season.

Because winning games breeds confidence? However as I said if they took a battering that would be 4 games without a win. Like it or not that gets in players heads.

You don't care about their results?! I get that we worry about ourselves first and foremost but I've been delighted at Utd's recent results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Yes, like our fabulous cup run did wonders for our league form. (Not that I'm complaining...)
    Hibs problem was that the cup run included two replays with the added complication of a League Cup Final.

That caught up with Hibs in the playoffs. I am not sure the cup run had that much effect on Hibs league slump.

In the first round of fixtures Hibs won 7 and lost 2 away matches (Rangers and Dumbarton). In the second round Hibs did not win an away match and drew 4 losing 5.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Hibs problem was that the cup run included two replays with the added complication of a League Cup Final.

That caught up with Hibs in the playoffs. I am not sure the cup run had that much effect on Hibs league slump.

In the first round of fixtures Hibs won 7 and lost 2 away matches (Rangers and Dumbarton). In the second round Hibs did not win an away match and drew 4 losing 5.
    Yes, but we ended up with a lot of league games in hand, then had to play two games a week right through the end of season.

So I would be happy for Utd to draw at Ross County and get fixture build up!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

We also postponed a couple of games due to international call-ups.

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    I think if Morton can win their game in hand and put some pressure on UTD it will have them looking over their shoulder at them.
    I think this happened to us last year Falkirk went on a run and put pressure on us. it turned into a dog fight as to who would finished 2nd and let The Rangers run away with the league
    hopefully the same can happen this year to our benefit.

The best way to win this league is to keep winning our matches. Let's not worry what anyone else is doing, even if their winning every week. As long as we keep getting results that's all that matters. Wouldn't like to give anyone the opportunity to say, we only won it because other teams dropped points against each other.
    If both Utd and Morton keep winning it will keep us on our toes and before we know it the title will be ours.
    I also reckon we have the players to take us far in the Scottish Cup but if not, no great loss.

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched the highlights - a team ready to go into free fall. They lose next week against the Pars and they will be lucky to collect 3 Pts from the next 15.

I'm going to call it - Morton to finish second (I realise this isn't a particularly bold call).

They are *****, always have been this season and will be lucky to finish second.

Do the bed wetters still think Utd have a better team and manager?

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    Just watched the highlights - a team ready to go into free fall. They lose next week against the Pars and they will be lucky to collect 3 Pts from the next 15.

I'm going to call it - Morton to finish second (I realise this isn't a particularly bold call).
    I'd bank on 'Ton rather than United in any play offs

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Dundee utd will be nowhere near Hibs come May but they will finish 2nd.