hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

I love Christmas

For years I looked at Christmas as a warm up for Hogmanay, but since becoming a father, Christmas has become an absolutely magical time that I could never have conceived off just a few years ago. My daughter is 6 and is at that age where she believes in santa and is so excited right now. I know this time will only last another couple of years, but it really is an experience that I wouldn't swap for all the money in the world.
    Merry Christmas to all.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For years I looked at Christmas as a warm up for Hogmanay, but since becoming a father, Christmas has become an absolutely magical time that I could never have conceived off just a few years ago. My daughter is 6 and is at that age where she believes in santa and is so excited right now. I know this time will only last another couple of years, but it really is an experience that I wouldn't swap for all the money in the world.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Enjoy it mate,nothing better than when the kids are that age. Wee bit jealous as my two are older now and trying to get them out of bed on Christmas morning is a task now. Miss the 5 o'clock starts. Merry Christmas

My wee nephew is nearly 10 so not sure how much longer this will last but, in an increasingly cynical world it really is a joy to see the innocence on show from kids of a certain age at this time of year, I love all the Santa traditions, long may it continue.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Merry Christmas to all.
    It's great when you have kids at that age. We intentionally enlightened our 7 year old about Santa this year. We felt it would be better coming from us than having him experience an embarrassing situation at school. He's now a proud member of the secret santa society and is loving the idea that his wee pals think the gifts he got them come from santa.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Joining the Malapropism Society ended Christmas joy for me.

Bah Hamburg!

Christmas is a huge bore. And this Christmas, particularly, I can't see anything much in the world to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Christmas is a huge bore. And this Christmas, particularly, I can't see anything much in the world to celebrate.
    But you don't have to piss on everyone else's parade.

I'm sorry you feel like that. I'm not a fan of the concept and how christmas is viewed these days but i look at the small things and i find the good in them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I've always liked Christmas. I've always liked long winter nights (probably because they remind me of Christmas). My daughters are 12 & 7 and the younger still believes in Santa - though probably for the last time. The main Christmas meal is on the evening of the 24th here, and this year it's chez nous. There are 14 of us eating but even the hassle of organising that doesn't bother me.

Above all I'm looking forward to a week off. We had work done in the house (there wasn't a room untouched) over the summer and built an extension. Up until now every minute of my spare time has been taken up with DIY and decorating - I'm knackered. It's more or less finished now so I'll be able to put my feet up and pass some quality time with Madame Peeve and the girls.

I enjoy the time with family, and the time between Christmas and new year is always nice. I take after my dad, where we'll often just sit and enjoy watching the family opening their presents, especially my young nephews. The tv scheduling is different (not always better) from a few days before into the new year, the daily rhythms after the day are different, and once the day arrives everyone relaxes and there's a lovely contented feel.

What I can't be arsed with is the ridiculous busyness at the shops, the way that manners and courtesy are in even less evidence than normal, the panic buying of food and/or booze, the 'you're a miserable sod' routine from idiots at work who want you to get dressed up in what they want and play the games they want (no issues with them doing it, just don't get miffed when I don't want to colour in pictures of santa!), especially when they spend the other 11 and a half months being torn faced.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    I'm not a big fan of Christmas really but it's worth making the effort for the joy the kids get out of it. Plus it's good to get a chance to wind down and have a bit of family time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I love Christmas and everything asociated with it that matters to my family. Home now in Liverpool and at my Dad's having a great time loving every minute of it. Sooner or later I will have to tell my 22 year old son the truth but let's just see if I can get another Santa year in.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I love Christmas and everything asociated with it that matters to my family. Home now in Liverpool and at my Dad's having a great time loving every minute of it. Sooner or later I will have to tell my 22 year old son the truth but let's just see if I can get another Santa year in.
    I can still remember the day I found out the truth about Santa. At first I was in denial and thought that everyone was kidding me on. Once I realised and accepted there was no Santa I was so angry I jumped in my car and hit the pub.

Love the time with family and friends, it's a great time of year to catch up with people I don't see often enought. Enjoy sharing food and drinks with people and seeing people enjoy themselves.

I like exchanging presents but it's a distant second to spending time with people I care about. The whole lead up gets on my nerves a bit but from about the 23rd through the first couple of days in January is great.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

its great.

Aahh bliss. The wee one is in bed, the dogs ate rudolphs carrot, I've drunk santas whisky. The mince pies are still up for grabs and the Christmas songs are on tv.
    Have a good one everyone.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    my son is 8 and still believes, had one hyper kid all day, cant wait to see his face tomorrow morning though

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    my son is 8 and still believes, had one hyper kid all day, cant wait to see his face tomorrow morning though
    Me too. Enjoy it my friend.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    I'm back from the boozer full of Xmas spirit(s), maintain it for as long as possible, its magic. You can even steal my festive joke from the joke thread for cracker pulling time.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 25-12-2016 at 01:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Might be a 23 year old lad but it's Christmassssssssssss.

Have a good day everyone
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    But you don't have to piss on everyone else's parade.

I'm sorry you feel like that. I'm not a fan of the concept and how christmas is viewed these days but i look at the small things and i find the good in them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas! It's a miracle!