hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can't see what an innovative signing Cathro was, then you're all just football dinosaurs.

It must be true, I read it in the Evening News, Herald, Record, Guardian, etc, etc.

Clearly the Jambos squad are all dinosaurs as well

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Thats short termism tho...and exactly why teams hire clowns like Allardyce etc. Lets get them pumped up and make sure we stay up but the clubs never ever improve. Cathro is a major change from the standard manager we have - especially in Scotland. All he cares about is technically improving every player he has and as part of that improve the overall team. All depends on whether Hearts will play the long game. When we get promoted I;d take someone like Cathro in a heartbeat.
    I think you've been a bit taken in. At this stage he is a promising coach but has obvious limitations in not having played and being pretty young.

Being a bit different and having 'new ideas' doesn't automatically make him right. Seen it before in lots of careers not just football.

If he does fail I'm sure it will all be the fault of everyone else not being on his level....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think Cathro is simply a terrible cultural fit for Hearts, and sadly, probably Scottish football. I doubt he could even be successful at Hibs, Celtic or Dundee United given the short-termism of the game here. I'm positive he'll fail at Hearts.

He's doubtlessly an excellent coach, but paradoxically, probably the worst appointment Hearts could make. I see him back on the continent rebuilding his rep very soon.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Yes and No.

I dont believe that Calum Paterson can be as good as David Alaba.

But I do believe if you get Calum Paterson to think he can be as good as David Alaba, he will improve as a player.

You're obviously a greate believer in the 'John Lambie Management Style'

For those not aware, Lambie was managing Partick Thistle during one game and when informed one of his players (Colin McGlashan) had concussion after a head knock, and that he didn't even know who he was, he famously replied...

"Well tell him he's Pele and send him back on"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The loss of Patterson, Nicholson and possibly Walker will be a blow for them. And they won't be replaced with the same quality because they don't have the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wonder how long, if at all, before the penny drops with the scarf-twirlers that this IS the future for them - no more 'buying/replacing' players of a standard way, way above their historical level ?. A bad run and the first casualty will be the D/D's !

A long awaited return to their levels and standards of pre Wallace Merger days beckons - the future's Green !

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Wonder how long, if at all, before the penny drops with the scarf-twirlers that this IS the future for them - no more 'buying/replacing' players of a standard way, way above their historical level ?. A bad run and the first casualty will be the D/D's !

A long awaited return to their levels and standards of pre Wallace Merger days beckons - the future's Green !
    But on the positive side at least they might have the shell of one new stand.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think you've been a bit taken in. At this stage he is a promising coach but has obvious limitations in not having played and being pretty young.

Being a bit different and having 'new ideas' doesn't automatically make him right. Seen it before in lots of careers not just football.

If he does fail I'm sure it will all be the fault of everyone else not being on his level....
    100% agree Andy. Plenty seduced by the clubs on the CV. Part responsible for the awful Newcastle sides that took the field last season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Phew....I thought it was just me that interviewed myself!!

I remember one particular career where I got to the FA Cup Final and I changed into a suit and stole a flower from my mums vase to put in my breast pocket. Got beat as well and I felt a bit stupid changing back into my cottons.
    I still interview myself, the interview questions on FM17 are not in-depth enough. I believe that there are no limits to how far I can go on FM17 and I really want my audience to know that.

They were lucky after admin that they had a good young coach in Neilson who got the players to buy into his work ethic and also the fact that they had a decent crop of youngsters come through.
    Lucky for us, they were too stupid to realise Neilsons worth and are about to lose those players as they move on for more money. Also lucky for us that they were too stupid to get them tied down to decent contracts so they will be leaving for development compensation only.
    Who knows how good Cathro may be but he will be judged on where Neilson left the club (2nd) and he will need to work with inferior players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They were lucky after admin that they had a good young coach in Neilson who got the players to buy into his work ethic and also the fact that they had a decent crop of youngsters come through.
    Lucky for us, they were too stupid to realise Neilsons worth and are about to lose those players as they move on for more money. Also lucky for us that they were too stupid to get them tied down to decent contracts so they will be leaving for development compensation only.
    Who knows how good Cathro may be but he will be judged on where Neilson left the club (2nd) and he will need to work with inferior players.

Lucky for us ? How come ?

Testimonial Due
    I'll take great satisfaction if he turns out to be a failure. Let's be honest, the only reason Neilson was hounded out of tynecastle was because of his poor derby record and our cup win. Would be great to play such a big part in their downward spiral despite not even playing in the top league.

@hibs.net private member
    Few boys round me today were saying they'd also heard the rumours about the players not liking him, training being poor and no banter. One of them coaches at Spartans - not sure if that gives credibility but there are certainly more than a few whispers.

Nothing more about him telling the players they're not good enough to handle his drills.

I can't be bothered slagging hearts when we are sitting 2nd in the championship in our 3rd season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I can't be bothered slagging hearts when we are sitting 2nd in the championship in our 3rd season.
    Just discuss the rumours instead then?

@hibs.net private member
    When Patterson goes Cathro's clowns will be lucky to stay in the sixth position

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I can't think of anything that could happen that would stop me laughing at hearts.

My ability to laugh at hearts has absolutely no corolation with how well hibs are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Part responsible for the awful Newcastle sides that took the field last season.
    Insomuch as that as one of the engineers who maintains the bus is responsible for the state of the bus once the driver of the bus gets behind the wheel with no licence, high on crack, and no idea of the destination, yes, absolutely spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Few boys round me today were saying they'd also heard the rumours about the players not liking him, training being poor and no banter. One of them coaches at Spartans - not sure if that gives credibility but there are certainly more than a few whispers.

Nothing more about him telling the players they're not good enough to handle his drills.
    He was neither popular nor unpopular with the players at SJP but Benitez had no issue letting him go despite knowing all about his work in Spain and people who he'd worked with there.

Apparently Cathro's got some size of ego on him.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    With you on that one. They will have their own Lennon must stay thread.

I feel showered with Francancense and Mirr, at any bad thing reported from that mob. season of goodwill an aw' that, but f/k it.

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    When Patterson goes Cathro's clowns will be lucky to stay in the sixth position
    Yeah 34 points will not be enough to stay up.
    He could relegate them at his current points ratio (which includes a home game drawn vs bottom of table thistle)

Cathro must stay

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    You're obviously a greate believer in the 'John Lambie Management Style'

For those not aware, Lambie was managing Partick Thistle during one game and when informed one of his players (Colin McGlashan) had concussion after a head knock, and that he didn't even know who he was, he famously replied...

"Well tell him he's Pele and send him back on"

I would imagine John Lambie would have said it more like :

""FFS Tell the wee C*** he's F*n Pele then an get him F*n back on the Fk* pitch".
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 25-12-2016 at 06:30 PM.

In a perverse way, I quite like IC. His press interviews are always full of fun and inexperience and stupidity.

What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    In a perverse way, I quite like IC. His press interviews are always full of fun and inexperience and stupidity.

What's not to like?
    He's now a Yam?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If this complete muppet was the new Jose, Newcastle wouldn't have let him and his laptop **** off to a club with dial up and a loan of some ****s computer.

United we stand here....

Okay Cathro can go. Maybe. Are the revolutionary new training methods working and Hearts the new Barca?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Okay Cathro can go. Maybe. Are the revolutionary new training methods working and Hearts the new Barca?
    We shall see. If he's that amazing he'll not stay long at Hearts.

All the big clubs are on the lookout for the next Mourinho.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    By all accounts Hearts were outstanding last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    By all accounts Hearts were outstanding last night.
    I watched the game. They were. Others will say Killie were poor but the simply didn't let them play. Cathro has changed the system slightly which allows the full backs much more freedom, and they get plenty support from midfield when they are looking for a dangerous out ball.

They will crash and burn against the sheepies, of that I have no doubt, then it will be back to them wanting him out again.

Deluded muppets to the hilt.

Big team....

Aye OK then, if you say so...