hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just checking is this offer still stands as neither ourselves or Leith Links have heard anything further?
    Just stumbled across your post, PB. Like others, I thought that this was a fine and very heart warming gesture from a fellow Hibby. I'm sure that Global Hibby has reasons for not following up his offer sooner, but it seems odd that no further communication has been received.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Just checking is this offer still stands as neither ourselves or Leith Links have heard anything further?
    Has anyone actually contacted GH??

He did say in his post "please reach out to me to arrange payment."

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Was Global Hibby not the person that wanted to invest £1m into Hibs or something?

Admins should be reaching out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post

True, but if I had that amount of cash it would be burning such a hole in my back pocket, I'd be dying to give it away

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Was Global Hibby not the person that wanted to invest £1m into Hibs or something?

Your right He or she did use the phrase reach out So the onus is on somrone to do that If the want the money wwpuld be my take on that
    Did Global not get a hard time when talking abput investing with folk questioning his or her credentials
    Hope they follow through with this

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    True, but if I had that amount of cash it would be burning such a hole in my back pocket, I'd be dying to give it away
    Maybe they are like me and still trying to work out how to use Pay Pal 🤑

We (via PB) replied on this thread. Its on page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Admins did reach out by replying to his post. The ball is in his court to then contact the charities involved. Its not for the charities to chase him.

Quote Originally Posted by HNA2 View Post
    Admins did reach out by replying to his post. The ball is in his court to then contact the charities involved. Its not for the charities to chase him.
    So you guys have mailed him directly? £2000 is worth a little bit more than a "thanks get in touch" if the guy/girl is for real and is looking to put £1k into the running of this message board surely it's worth direct contact.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Delivered View Post
    So you guys have mailed him directly? £2000 is worth a little bit more than a "thanks get in touch" if the guy/girl is for real and is looking to put £1k into the running of this message board surely it's worth direct contact.
    That's not what the admins' response was.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Delivered View Post
    My earlier post made it clear we don't require £1000 to help run the board. Hibs.net finances are in a good place. We suggested a donation direct to charity in lieu of giving money to .net. I was just curious to see if this had happened as neither ourselves or LL has heard anything further.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    We (via PB) replied on this thread. Its on page 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA2 View Post
    I'll have to disagree that PB's reply on the thread referring to Global Hibby in the third person is the admins 'reaching out'.

Surely a private message would be appropriate.

I'll have to disagree that PB's reply on the thread referring to Global Hibby in the third person is the admins 'reaching out'.

The counter argument to that is the response was in the same format and medium as the original offer.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar

He wouldn't have seen a private message as he hasn't been logged in since shortly after starting this thread.

Don't shoot me down here folks but maybe the guy wanted to to contribute to the Hibs community in some way and not give the money to a charity for foreign children?

We are all different and like to spend our spare money anyway we choose.

I'm going to be honest, if I offered £1K to Hibs.net, got shunned and told to send the money on a public forum to a charity for foreign children then I'd be pretty miffed.
    Last edited by SkintHibby; 12-01-2017 at 07:42 AM.

To flip it the original offer was made publicly so a public response is surely fair enough?

When hibs.net make donations to Hibs or other groups we always go about it privately and make no mention of it until the money has been handed over. At that point we'll let people know, particularly PMs, how their money has been spent. To make a public announcement of a donation then simply log off for over 3 weeks with no further communication to any of the groups referenced (not just ourselves) seems a bit odd to me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Don't shoot me down here folks but maybe the guy wanted to to contribute to the Hibs community in some way and not give the money to a charity for foreign children?

I'm going to be honest, if I offered £1K to Hibs.net, got shunned and told to send the money on a public forum to charity for foreign children then I'd be pretty miffed.
    Again could that not have been communicated to us and we could have come to an agreement?

I'm going to go further than my last post and say I was sceptical about this whole thing from the start. It seemed like grandstanding but the admins as a group decided to take it at face value. We posted a reply and heard nothing further and GH hasn't been online since his post.

We've been here before with this poster with big gestures offered that haven't been followed up and right now I think this is another. I'm 100% certain others who have had dealings will back me up on that as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'm going to be honest, if I offered £1K to Hibs.net, got shunned and told to send the money on a public forum to a charity for foreign children then I'd be pretty miffed.
    You would have to log on to see the response first, though 😊

He's hardly been shunned has he? We set out an alternative option but if he's not logged on since he made the 'offer' then he's not going to be too offended anyway.

GH has form for this. I'm sure at various times in the past he's offered the club £1 million and during the buyhibs phase he also offered to lodge a bond of £100,000 - with this site as a middle man for some reason - but again, we had to reach out to him.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You would have to log on to see the response first, though 😊

The main board is public so nobody needs to log on to read its content.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The main board is public so nobody needs to log on to read its content.
    Of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    He's hardly been shunned has he? We set out an alternative option but if he's not logged on since he made the 'offer' then he's not going to be too offended anyway.

GH has form for this. I'm sure at various times in the past he's offered the club £1 million and during the buyhibs phase he also offered to lodge a bond of £100,000 - with this site as a middle man for some reason - but again, we had to reach out to him.
    Correct, shunned is too strong a word.

Anyway, you guys should have accepted the offer so that you could have paid for the bandwidth to stop this place grinding to a halt after every good victory / terrible defeat.

Thread closed, with the absence of the OP it really serves no purpose to leave it open.
    It was a nice gesture for GH to make on a public forum. I'm guessing that other interests have prevented him from returning to the discussion he started here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.