hibs.net Messageboard

1. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Really sad news. Fantastic jockey.

Sad news.

The Shergar Derby performance is still the one that all others are judged by. Absolutely destroyed a classy field and whilst the horse was special the jockey managed him brilliantly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

My dear old mum God rest her liked a bet, must have been her Irish blood, she never went for the horses always the jockeys and back in the day "wee Wally Swinburn" was her go to guy ..... RIP wee Wally, I know you've got at least one fan up there

What a ride he gave Lammtarra to win The Derby (I'm sure I backed it at 16s) on his first run of the season breaking the track record for the race which remained until Workforce bettered it 15 years later, IIRC Lammtarra won The King George at Ascot and The Arc too.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dear old mum God rest her liked a bet, must have been her Irish blood, she never went for the horses always the jockeys and back in the day "wee Wally Swinburn" was her go to guy ..... RIP wee Wally, I know you've got at least one fan up there
    Would that be Wally Swinburn the father of Walter? He was a champion Irish jockey.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I always liked Swinburn, he was such a strong jockey in a finish and yet so very stylish in his riding style.
    RIP

United we stand here....