hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Are we really in a position to turn down the likes of Commons joining us for half a season? It's a no-brainer - Yes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we really in a position to turn down the likes of Commons joining us for half a season? It's a no-brainer - Yes.
    Half a season in the team or half a season on the dreaded "two weeks " list?

If all goes to plan we`ll have 17 league games and 5 cup ones from January to May . If he`s fit enough to make an impact in at least 20 games then yes . Most of his wages would still be paid by Celtic who would presumably prefer to get more / all of his wages paid by another club , in England presumably . Also , is there a limit on number of loan players from one club ? Could we get anyone else from Celtic too ? Presumably at least 1 more if we had Henderson and Stokes last season .

He got class and intelligence. We need more of both.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Poor man's Henderson

Just pay the dough and bring Henderson back

**** Commons, Christie, GMS. Just sign Henderson.

DAE IT!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Hell yeah NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO brainer surely

yes please

Pay When u Play kinda Contract .. must be..

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Need to sort out a deal re. his £20k a week wages he's getting from Celtc.

I suggest Celtc pay him £10k and Celtc pay Hibs £10k.
    That would probably clinch it for me.

Is Commons match fit? If not how long to get him match fit . These are things that have to be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamhere1875 View Post
    Is Commons match fit? If not how long to get him match fit . These are things that have to be taken into consideration.
    This for me as he will take up a big wage But if he scores goals stays fiit and creates chances for others he would be an assett and has experience to maybe turn a game off the bench if he isnt up to the 90 minutes initially

If he's fit then absolutely yes.

Would be very surprised if he is fit enough to contribute enough in a period crucial to our future.
    Hopefully I'm wrong - he was a fine player, but it's not a signing I'm confident about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamhere1875 View Post
    If he comes to ER in January he won't have played for around 9 months so the answer is nowhere near match fit.How long to get fit?Well it certainly doesn't get any easier as you get older.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If he comes to ER in January he won't have played for around 9 months so the answer is nowhere near match fit.How long to get fit?Well it certainly doesn't get any easier as you get older.
    Exactly. Is he fit like (as the Sheep would say).

Am I first to say no?

A big yes, Internationalist, extremely clever, talented and will be someone who can unlock a defence, he never was known for pace but t's the pace of his footballing brain we need, plus he's a winner.

By the time he is fit Fyfie and McGinn would be back. Good player no doubt but would not take him if we had the chance to get Henderson as a Hibs player not on loan. We really need players who can hit the gorund running.

Honestly? No.

Fitness and age will together be an issue and all for a large chunk of the wages too.

I feel our money could be spent wiser but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    By the time he is fit Fyfie and McGinn would be back. Good player no doubt but would not take him if we had the chance to get Henderson as a Hibs player not on loan. We really need players who can hit the gorund running.
    cant see us having the chance to get Hendo as a player, rather than a loan? however, the man were on about....yes. has the credentials, as much as yer man Anthony Stokes had. Stokesy annoyed a few on here for weeks. a few weeks later he was the darling of the sidelines . sign the man, we will need his sort come the end of the season

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    only two sellick players i'd like, Henderson and Dembele, the latter won't happen, maybe a cheeky wee loan for the former might

Commons that played for Celtic...absolutely yes no brainer....Commons that was out for Celtic 1 months...yes....Commons who has been out for 9 months and needs to hit the ground running, gelling with players straight away, having a massive impact (because that is the reality we need) in a brutal league that can be very physical.....no chance.

Chris Commons the Celtic player is a massive class above Hibs and the reason we can potentially get him is he is Chris Commons that may or may not be finished.....overall is that a gamble we can take. Maybe Neil knows...hope its the right decision because we as fans are living at the wrong end (league wise) of a lot these decisions

First Team Breakthrough
    Sorry it's a no from me, been out of the game for too long. Will take about 6-8 weeks to get him match fit, funds required for his wages would be better spent on a younger player. Good player in his time but for me his best days are behind him

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    only two sellick players i'd like, Henderson and Dembele, the latter won't happen, maybe a cheeky wee loan for the former might
    Ahem,....... Sparky?

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    There are far more than 2 Celtic players that we would like. Let's be brutally honest here and not kid ourselves on. We'd bite their hands off for the majority of the squad they have!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Honestly? No.

Fitness and age will together be an issue and all for a large chunk of the wages too.

I feel our money could be spent wiser but I'd love to be proved wrong.
    Agreed. We wouldn't be getting the Commons of 2 seasons ago. We'd be getting a fat, old guy who hasn't played football in a year.

I think Kieran Tierney and Scott Sinclair would also marginally improve our first team. Maybe Griffiths and Patrick Roberts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Agreed. We wouldn't be getting the Commons of 2 seasons ago. We'd be getting a fat, old guy who hasn't played football in a year.
    Thiś

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

So much crap being spouted right about Lennon, his personality and his signings right now I just don't know where this fits in.

Probably at the lower end but it least it's merited comment, unlike the other crap.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He would take too long to get match fit. Look how long it took Stokes and he is about 5 years younger and not as fat.