hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is kind of my point; a failed marriage can and does happen to anyone, it is like living in some sort of weird dystopian alternative reality that this has become a reason for a politician to be held in contempt And I dont think the public really give two hoots about things like that, or getting confused about motor insurance admin, they just get fed it by a media that has no moral compass, certainly no right to take the moral high ground. We're living in a world where the elected POTUS is a proud sexual predator and self evident racist FFS, where the British media collude with morally bankrupt policemen and aren't held to account, and hack dead kids phones. These are the things that matter.
    What is a moral compass and who makes them?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    The Cambridge Dictionary says-

a natural feeling that makes people know what is right and wrong and how they should behave:

Some people believe that the increase in crime shows that society is losing its moral compass.
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 8716 3819 6602 4564
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    They are things with a pointy bit and pencil for drawing curves and circles and Helix is a popular make for people who are at school.

I would have thought you were familiar with them.

When you leave school you can graduate to better ones such as Rotring.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    It's amazing how many perfect people who have never made a mistake in their lives are on hibs.net these days. Or could it be that this is a perfect opportunity for petty anti-snp point scoring... Hmmm let me see.

My thoughts exactly.

Life gets very complicated at times.

And we sometimes forget things.

Even important things, like motor insurance.

And people in the public eye are easy targets for the Pharisees and the 'unco guid'.

I'm hearing there's a scarcity of metal polish in certain parts of town these days. Must be from all the polishing of halos.

(Or haloes?)

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

The 'I'm not a transport expert' statement is what has made all of the rest of his problems so magnified. Everything after that then gets permission to be a feeding frenzy and he has nobody to blame but himself for that.The insurance thing seems to me an unfortunate but frankly relatively minor detail. To be honest I thought Derek Mackay's 'budget' was considerably more of an embarrassment than the Transport Minister's clearly genuinely accidental and, in my opinion, entirely forgiveable insurance gaffe.

His biggest problems are twofold - firstly that this is a serious Ministerial brief that (unlike a lot of others) can make or break the most assiduous and applied of Ministers, and I'm not convinced by how assiduous and applied he may have been. Secondly there is quite a bit of winter still to go and he's at the mercy of whatever weather we get.

I quite like him in personal terms but I don't think his fast - and relatively easy - rise has done him any favours in preparing him for a gig that you cannot bluff your way through.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    The 'I'm not a transport expert' statement is what has made all of the rest of his problems so magnified. Everything after that then gets permission to be a feeding frenzy and he has nobody to blame but himself for that.The insurance thing seems to me an unfortunate but frankly relatively minor detail. To be honest I thought Derek Mackay's 'budget' was considerably more of an embarrassment than the Transport Minister's clearly genuinely accidental and, in my opinion, entirely forgiveable insurance gaffe.

His biggest problems are twofold - firstly that this is a serious Ministerial brief that (unlike a lot of others) can make or break the most assiduous and applied of Ministers, and I'm not convinced by how assiduous and applied he may have been. Secondly there is quite a bit of winter still to go and he's at the mercy of whatever weather we get.

I quite like him in personal terms but I don't think his fast - and relatively easy - rise has done him any favours in preparing him for a gig that you cannot bluff your way through.

Very good and balanced post