hibs.net Messageboard

Can we find another Russell Latapy / creative midfielder ?

For a while now we have struggled with creativity. A player who can make the telling final ball - shoot and ideally score from distance.

Latapy was a genius and of course it's hard to find someone as good but surely there are creative players available.

I do think we have some good midfielders..

McGinn
    Fyvie
    Dylan
    Shinnie
    Bartley - holding midfield

But we have been missing a number 10 for a while now.

Shinnie and McGinn are close I feel but is it possible there is another Latapy type player out there for us to unlock these packed defenses.

If we add a creative player behind the front 2 and manage to secure 2 wide players - left footed player especially we will definitely add another dimension to this team.

The question is who is available as this time of year it's so hard to bring players in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Shinnie was supposed to be that for us this season. Unfortunately he has not done the job so far and Dundee Utd got better when they signed Andreu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shinnie was supposed to be that for us this season. Unfortunately he has not done the job so far and Dundee Utd got better when they signed Andreu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still early days and Shinnie appears less of a goal threat however has created a number of goals and chances already.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Still early days and Shinnie appears less of a goal threat however has created a number of goals and chances already.
    I actually thought Shinne played better without McGinn and Fyvie on Friday. But we need to let him loose and encourage him to take more risks - plus needs to score more goals like the rest of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    For a while now we have struggled with creativity. A player who can make the telling final ball - shoot and ideally score from distance.

Latapy was a genius and of course it's hard to find someone as good but surely there are creative players available.

I do think we have some good midfielders..

McGinn
    Fyvie
    Dylan
    Shinnie
    Bartley - holding midfield

But we have been missing a number 10 for a while now.

Shinnie and McGinn are close I feel but is it possible there is another Latapy type player out there for us to unlock these packed defenses.

If we add a creative player behind the front 2 and manage to secure 2 wide players - left footed player especially we will definitely add another dimension to this team.

The question is who is available as this time of year it's so hard to bring players in.
    If we add a creative player and a left footed wide man, is there room for 2 up top or do you want a 4-4-2.