hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Never heard of either of them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So Cathro coaches and surely has input into team selection before during and after the game.

Half time - who gives team talk?

Surely Cathro will be giving some free reign or is CL going to step in and dictate (possible reason Neilson left - fed up being not appreciated and controlled).

I've seen Cathro coach and he went to Portugal with Nuno who he met on a UEFA A course - then Nuno took him to Valencia. Steve Maclaren took him to Newcastle and Rafa kept him on but Rafa also brought his own guys in so Cathro did less with 1st team.

You need to have people and management skills - even in a head coach role and not sure he has them to be successful. Time will tell but very risky I feel for Hearts and the coach (though he has stated he wanted to be the main coach one day somewhere).
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 05-12-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Cathro coaches and surely has input into team selection before during and after the game.

Surely Cathro will be giving some free reign or is CL going to step in and dictate (possible reason Neilson left - fed up being not appreciated and controlled).

I've seen Cathro coach and he went to Portugal with Nuno who he met on a UEFA A course - then Nuno took him to Valencia. Steve Maclaren took him to Newcastle and Rafa kept him on but rags also brought his own guys in so Cathro did less with 1st team.

You need to have people and management skills - even in a head coach role and not sure he has them to be successful. Time will tell but very risky I feel for Hearts and the coach (though he has stated he wanted to be the main coach one day somewhere).
    Quite a daring appointment by Budge. Could go either way, depending on the chemistry, relationships and egos. Time will tell. But I think she has to gamble. The fans expectations there are so unrealistic after 30 years of financial doping they already feel like a club in decline.

I literally don't think I could care any less. Let's focus on getting promoted and smashing them up and down the place again.

An interesting appointment by Hearts, quite interesting, yes very very interesting .............. crash n' burn ya Yam roaster
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 05-12-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Austin McPhee looks like Pug from the bash street kids wearing a Robbie Neilson wig.
    Attachment 17743
    Looks like a yam' he'll fit in well!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    If Hibs had made that appointment this place would be in meltdown with accusations of us doing it on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    If Hibs had made that appointment this place would be in meltdown with accusations of us doing it on the cheap.
    Many people wanted us to go for Cathro - even before Stubbs. Lets not be blinded by the fact that he has gone to Hearts. I also think if we were settled in the Prem it is the kind of coach we would look to appoint.

Testimonial Due
    Time will tell. For what it's worth I don't see hearts progressing any further while Levein is still there. They'll likely hover around 3rd or 4th spot, which isn't bad, but if you're a supporter of the big team and expecting to win the champions league every season then it's pretty poor and he'll get hounded out eventually much like Robbie. The other elephant in the room is the new stand being built which will undoubtedly affect their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Many people wanted us to go for Cathro - even before Stubbs. Lets not be blinded by the fact that he has gone to Hearts. I also think if we were settled in the Prem it is the kind of coach we would look to appoint.
    Many people being you.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Many people being you.
    Aye - just me.

Austin McPhee looks like Pug from the bash street kids wearing a Robbie Neilson wig.
    Attachment 17743
    Good spot,remember the Bash Street Kids from my youth,PLUG not PUG was always the ugliest!!

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Good spot,remember the Bash Street Kids from my youth,PLUG not PUG was always the ugliest!!
    Whatever. You knew who I meant

Aye - just me.
    At least you are honest :)

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There were plenty on here who had him down as a possible for us before last two appointments. Don't know how it will go but will there be a large change of player personnel required to play the game in his style?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Ive seen both coach and deliver technical overviews... they are very good...and light years away from Lennon. Not football men mind so many in the game will hate them. They are everything scottish football is crying out for rather than ex players just assuming they are good managers.
    When you say technical overview what do you mean? Personally think it is an exciting appointment and his experience in Valencia and Portugal have got to be a good thing and to be honest in his case having Levein in the background is probably a positive in terms of support in some of the areas that he may have less experience in. Someone that has went abroad and coached in a different cultures and languages can only be a positive in our inward looking football environment e.g Boyds comments.

Whatever. You knew who I meant
    Indeed I did.

He's undoubtedly a good coach, has been gaining rave reviews for years, worked at big clubs and still on 30, but as people have said will be interesting if he cuts it as a manager. Not that it bothers us, we need to focus on getting back up, no excuses this time.

Attachment 17743
    Or its plug and Robbies love child.

Heard a lot about this guy through the circuit couple of years back. Wanted him here before Lennon got the gig. Think he'll fit quite well into the setup Hearts have in place. Big gamble, hope he makes a mess of it but time will tell.

another tea boy for levein

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Austin Powers joins them as well. Picture from Tynie at the press conference with Budgie, no idea where Potter is.
    Not one of them wearing a Hearts tie, not Hibs class

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Austin Powers joins them as well. Picture from Tynie at the press conference with Budgie, no idea where Potter is.
    Not one of them wearing a Hearts tie, not Hibs class
    Must be a caption competition in this

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/38219275
    Attached Images Attached Images

Press conference live on Facebook.

It's like. 2 guys have just been picked up off the street and are trying to wing it!

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Press conference live on Facebook.

It's like. 2 guys have just been picked up off the street and are trying to wing it!
    Where's Potter

Sorry to say but this is two very good appointments from Hearts coaching wise. Management wise we will see but they have Levein to provide guidance in that respect.

They are going to be a top 4 club for sometime now. They got away with it.

Neilson done a great job but he was very limited tactically, Stubbs got the better of him almost everytime. He will get found out at MK Dons.

Didn't see him Budge sitting in between.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    He's undoubtedly a good coach, has been gaining rave reviews for years, worked at big clubs and still on 30, but as people have said will be interesting if he cuts it as a manager. Not that it bothers us, we need to focus on getting back up, no excuses this time.

....yep, both very well respected young coaches, how they will work with team selection and with their older players remains to be seen though!

Never heard of either of them????

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

I've seen Cathro coach and he went to Portugal with Nuno who he met on a UEFA A course - then Nuno took him to Valencia. Steve Maclaren took him to Newcastle and Rafa kept him on but Rafa also brought his own guys in so Cathro did less with 1st team.

I suppose if you were picking holes you could look at the McLaren part. Newcastle under McLaren were awful and most of the time looked devoid of skill or confidence, so Cathro's involvement in that would hardly be one to get excited about, but Benitez kept him on so obviously he saw something. Like other's on here I couldn't care less about who Hearts' next Pinocchio is.