hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    4-3-3

Rocky

Sir David McGregor Hanlon Lewis

Bartley
    McGeoch Shinnie

Boyle Holt Cummings
    Last edited by sauzeelegod; 03-12-2016 at 09:30 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHanlon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bahahahaha!

Every time we lose one game, this place goes into bed wetting central.

Always get a laugh when the "football experts" start listing their teams and put in players who have played 1 match against Highland League opposition.

Lennon had the chance to play Crane when Stevenson was suspended but opted for Hanlon instead.

Go figure.
    I guess "some people" (myself included) get a bit frustrated seeing the same failings trip us up time and again, and think that it might just be worth throwing in someone who isn't a kid any more and has some first team experience.

I love Lewis Stevenson and David Gray, but the lack of threat we carry from wide is crippling us. Is it really that mad a suggestion to suggest playing Crane, especially when some people will have seen him play many times for the development side and have a fair idea what he might offer us?

.....................Marciano...

.........Mcgregor Hanlon Fontaine...

Boyle ...Bartley..... mcgeouch .....Crane...

..................... Shinnie......

..............Cummings....Graham ...

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    .....................Marciano...

.........Mcgregor Hanlon Fontaine...

Boyle ...Bartley..... mcgeouch .....Crane...

..................... Shinnie......

..............Cummings....Graham ...
    UW now there's a conundrum. Boyle, for me anyway, played his best game in a Hibs Jersey at RWB against the Yams at ER.

But you know as well as I know that SDG and LS will not be dropped.

I am a big Lewis fan but his final ball is utterly atrocious and we need quality in final 3rd.

Biggest issue we have is relying on 2 fullbacks to provide a final ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I disagree with that AH - he wasn't brilliant but he still had a decent game
    I'm with AH on this one. Dylan, by his own standards was very poor IMO
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm with AH on this one. Dylan, by his own standards was very poor IMO
    What did he do wrong? Very poor??

Not as influential as he can be but think he was decent. Hardly wasted a ball and his control was pretty decent at times.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Dylan didn't do a lot wrong, he was neat and tidy but really never ventured forward or helped create anything.

All our prodding and poking from midfield was done from Shinnie on his own, McGeouch maybe is not 100% match fit yet?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Dylan didn't do a lot wrong, he was neat and tidy but really never ventured forward or helped create anything.

All our prodding and poking from midfield was done from Shinnie on his own, McGeouch maybe is not 100% match fit yet?
    That's what I saw too. Not sure how that could be classed as 'very poor'. He was playing in Fyvie's normal role so that would explain the lack of adventure but as you say he was neat and tidy. The way we're set up, Shinnie, Lewis and David Gray are the ones who have most opportunity to provide the telling ball.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Think neat and tidy is being a bit generous. Thought he was really poor, as was Bartley. Utd picked up far too many second balls in the middle of the park, particularly the number of times a ball was knocked out to the edge of our box and they got a shot away in the area you'd expect your central midfielders to be. Didn't have any influence with the ball either.

All that said I think McGeough is a good player and really hope it was just a case of him being off the pace having not started for a couple of months.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

Not as influential as he can be but think he was decent. Hardly wasted a ball and his control was pretty decent at times.
    5min into second half I forgot he was playing . Perhaps he just needs game time

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

He didn't do anything 'wrong' but he's a far better player than we saw that night. I expect him to be more involved than he was and to have more influence on our play. I don't think he did either but respect that others saw it differently
    This is how it feels

Lennon will stick with 3 at the back but he shouldn't against the lesser teams, 4-3-3 is the way to play these teams.

Rocky

Gray
    McGregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

McGeouch
    Shinnie
    Martin

Boyle
    Graham
    Cummings

At home, against Dumbarton, I agree with a few others and think we should go:

Marciano.

Gray (c). McGregor. Hanlon. Stevenson (Crane?)

McGeouch.
    Martin. Shinnie.

Cummings. Graham. Boyle.

Just go at them! Two reasons I say possibly go with Crane:

Stevenson's not been in his best form and Crane (provisionally) offers much more going forward (and I say that as a fan of Stevenson). Crane getting forward with Boyle in front of him should work as Boyle will help him defensively - they will both compliment each other in the same way that Gray, who is primarily a defender will be able to concentrate on defending and Cummings will have that protection to focus on attacking.

Graham in the middle as a focal point and conduit and we have a team who should go gung-ho against Dumbarton at home and get a solid three points.

Sorry to sound un-pragmatic but 'Attack! Attack! Attack!'

Left by mutual consent!
    Marciano

Fonts
    Hanlon
    McGregor

Gray
    McGeouch
    Bartley
    Shinnie
    Stevenson

Cummings
    Graham

I would be amazed if NL changed much before Dumbarton. If anything. As all in all we were the better team, we created chances, Rocky had one save to make bar the penalty, so why change everything? But if he was, i would go with -

Marciano
    McGregor Hanlon Fonts
    Gray McGeouch Martin Stevenson
    Shinnie
    Cummings Graham

That would be my line up. Martin brings more energy and hes better on the ball than Bartley. We really shouldnt need such a defensive midfielder like Bartley against Dumbarton.

Boyle had a rotten game on Friday and his first touch is awful. Nows the time to bring Cummings back as we looked better with him up top, he looked hungry, was taking people on and looked dangerous.

We play the same way every week, loads of crosses and nobody to get onto them, Graham thrives off this type of game. He would take advantage of any decent crosses we manage to put in. He came on and had 2 very good knock downs on Friday and nobody was there to take them. He would also drag defenders around the place giving Cummings room to play.

Still, we are top of the league. Scored more and conceded less than everyone. Hardly a disaster to lose your 2nd game of the season in December?