hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know - its brutal that Hibs are in the play off positions, with a poorer goals scored and an absolutely abysmal defence.

Tell you what, I am glad we got all those lucky breaks where the opposition got a man sent off incorrectly (later to be rescinded) and we took full points.

Oh no, wait - in fact every single thing I have written there is pish - but some of the posters on here would have you believe that we are trailing the pack.

You know what, Friday was rubbish - but United are crap and have ridden their luck against us. A few key injuries and dodgy results, lets see what happens to them then.

Jesus, some on here I really wonder about - if they are not slagging off the team for having a christmas night out, they are pishing their pants that we dont have the league won before christmas.

FFS
    Couldn't agree with u more,people would still moan even if we won the league by Christmas

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swin1875 View Post
    Couldn't agree with u more,people would still moan even if we won the league by Christmas

Would they, who are these people?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

seriously ?

I would suggest you are wide of the mark!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Yes, I know we're still top of the table and that we we're struggling with injuries, but last night was a game where it was important to put on a performance which would show that we're serious about winning the title. Instead we showed United that the title's very much there for the taking. On that evidence, if it comes down a straight fight for top spot with United then they'll win it. Not because they're especially good (the overall standard last night was depressingly dismal) but because we look marginally worse.

I hope Hibs prove me wrong but over the course of this season I've yet to see us put together the sort of commanding run that makes me think, 'yep, we're too strong for the rest.' There have been flashes of dominance but nowhere near enough to make me won't end up in a play-off for the fourth season in succession. Whether January signings can make a real difference remains to be seen but who can honestly say they're confident we'll win this league?
    We will win the league and there is a long way to go in this league. FWIW one league defeat doesn't mean they will win it. Did they not lose to Dumbarton recently??

I wasn't happy the other night and made my feelings known but I was more disappointed at the 1st half performance. They didn't show me anything we should be scared of.

Maybe we should be reading before pressing send!!

@hibs.net private member
    Dundee United are totally reliant on Andreu. Without his goals they'd be nowhere near us.

I think we'll strengthen in the next window but they will also bring in players.

It's going to be tight but still think we'll do it, although hopefully all talk of walking the league is put to bed.

I think the vast majority of us would love to have the title wrapped up sooner rather than later and avoid the dreaded play off situation.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    I think the vast majority of us would love to have the title wrapped up sooner rather than later and avoid the dreaded play off situation.
    Again, I'll harp back to last season. Rangers 'skooshed it' but after there superb start, we went to Ibrox on December 28th joint on points with them. They then pulled well clear between February and April, and I fully expect us to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Lennon out/Holt is ****/Boyle is ****/why did Boyle take the pen (even tho he hit a beauty in the SC semi)/blame LeeAnn and Dode/players shouldn't be out having a life/bring back Stubbs/worst performance ever/STEVENSON!!

Think that covers it? A big list of people to blame. Where's the Petrie threads?? Some absolute ****ing belter comments over this weekend. Precious little support are we Hibees. We lost a game of football where, there was nothing between us. If we'd been outplayed or were on a poor run of form I'd understand but naw, it was just a bad day at the office - with none of our top 4 players starting

Dundee Utd come to us in about 5 weeks time. At which point they'll have played 4/5 games away from home. We'll beat them then which will open up a gap and we'll crank it up a notch in the 2nd half of the season.

Nothing has changed my enthusiasm for the game next Saturday.
    How refreshing to read a positive and realistic post - thanks mate 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Again, I'll harp back to last season. Rangers 'skooshed it' but after there superb start, we went to Ibrox on December 28th joint on points with them. They then pulled well clear between February and April, and I fully expect us to do the same.
    This. I've said it before and yes I'll say it again, no team in this leauge has the strength in depth we have. You just have to look at the players on the bench to see that. Once suspensions and injuries start to affect other teams our superior squad will be the difference.

Friday was gash, just one of those days. Utd are more than lucky to have had 4 points off is. In reality the fair result would be us having had 4 points off them but that's football.

We have been in 2nd gear all season.

We will start taking things seriously in January by playing Jason and finish champions.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    This. I've said it before and yes I'll say it again, no team in this leauge has the strength in depth we have. You just have to look at the players on the bench to see that. Once suspensions and injuries start to affect other teams our superior squad will be the difference.

Friday was gash, just one of those days. Utd are more than lucky to have had 4 points off is. In reality the fair result would be us having had 4 points off them but that's football.
    Good post. I tend to agree with it.

My worry is that we're without our two best players (IMHO) in McGinn and Fyvie. We'd miss one of those, never mind both.

The January window is going to be crucial. I really hope the scouting and recruitment teams are at the top of their game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Good post. I tend to agree with it.

My worry is that we're without our two best players (IMHO) in McGinn and Fyvie. We'd miss one of those, never mind both.

The January window is going to be crucial. I really hope the scouting and recruitment teams are at the top of their game.
    Also would be good if we could get at least one good addition prior to the United game on 6th Jan.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Haha, no, we'll still be taking 1st place thank you very much. No concern from me. We'll strengthen with a far higher caliber player than United will be able too.

Would place my mortgage on Hibs finishing 1st this season.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post

Utd are enjoying the kind of "luck" that wins championships and they have already had a fair amount of injuries thus far this season. The result on Friday illustrates the strength in depth we have and how superior our squad is. The reality is that we have been inconsistent and are well behind where we were at this point last season.

I still think we will win the league, but this is one of the most important transfer windows I've known at Easter Road. Lennon needs to get the right folk in, play the best players and then get this club promoted.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Haha, no, we'll still be taking 1st place thank you very much. No concern from me. We'll strengthen with a far higher caliber player than United will be able too.

Would place my mortgage on Hibs finishing 1st this season.
    8/13 yer cash with Paddy Power.... Been as short as 1/3 recently but even those odds indicate where the bookies think the title will go

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    January will define our season and I would guess we will be very well equipped to ensure 1st place and promotion. I have no fears this season. :)

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Utd are enjoying the kind of "luck" that wins championships and they have already had a fair amount of injuries thus far this season. The result on Friday illustrates the strength in depth we have and how superior our squad is. The reality is that we have been inconsistent and are well behind where we were at this point last season.

I still think we will win the league, but this is one of the most important transfer windows I've known at Easter Road. Lennon needs to get the right folk in, play the best players and then get this club promoted.
    Agree the coming window is important, we need a player who can cross a ****ing ball IMO, the final ball at times this season has been horrific. We don't need defenders and we really shouldn't need to be looking at strikers as to be honest Holt, Boyle, Cummings, Graham should be classed as an "embarrassment of riches" in the league! Not to say I wouldn't mind a proven goal scorer.

We need a player who can exploit those wide areas and as I sad deliver lethal ball into the box, find a player that does that and with Cummings in our squad we'll score lots and lots of goals because these are the sort of balls the JC will thrive on, he seems to have that strikers knack of being in the right place at the right time.

That's top of my new year window wish list

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I think I share you guy's optimism but am not quite so sure as some of you.

We should win the League and failing that you would think we should win the play offs, however it is Hibs we are talking about.

Looking at the top flight it is really hard to fathom who is going to be automatically relegated and who is going into the play offs.

I would dread the play offs but in reality you have a minimum of 180 minutes to see off teams that we reckon we are better than.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hard to see us going back above United on current form so the play-offs for a fourth season in succession look likely. That is, assuming we finish second. Morton are nine points back but have a game in hand. Falkirk and Raith also have a game in hand. I know it seems unthinkable, but then is seemed highly unlikely we'd be in a relegation battle with just a few weeks to go back in 2014.
    Last edited by G B Young; 24-12-2016 at 02:40 PM.

No good having depth if we go into next year trailing D.Utd. cant see them losing that many now their noses are in front. Their tails are up and they know how to scrap a win. Werevstill struggling with nae pace or width. Pretty shocking. Losing faith in Lennon pretty quickly.

Testimonial Due
    Hard to see us going back above United on current form so the play-offs for a fourth season in succession look likely. That is, assuming we finish second. Morton are nine points back but have a game in hand. Falkirk and Raith also have a game in hand. I know it seems unthinkable, but then is seemed highly unlikely we'd be in a relegation battle with just a few weeks to go back in 2014.
    Couldnae ****ing wait could you? Hope Santa brings you a new mattress

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    Couldnae ****ing wait could you? Hope Santa brings you a new mattress
    I'm getting a water bed.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    One thing in our advantage is, that unlike you, Lennon and the players won't be throwing in the towel just yet.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    One thing in our advantage is, that unlike you, Lennon and the players won't be throwing in the towel just yet.
    They might not be throwing in the towel, but have they got what it takes to turn this situation around? I don't take any pleasure in taking such a pessimistic stance, but I've been following Hibs long enough to know that if they can find a way to let you down then in the majority of cases they will. I really believed that the Scottish Cup win would do more than end a 114 year curse. I thought it would give the club a renewed belief in itself. The appointment of Lennon only strengthened that belief and I found it hard to believe we would not win this league with something to spare. It's not turning out that way and I don't think it's unreasonable to express concern that we're heading for a play-off yet again.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Away and play wi the traffic

They might not be throwing in the towel, but have they got what it takes to turn this situation around? I don't take any pleasure in taking such a pessimistic stance, but I've been following Hibs long enough to know that if they can find a way to let you down then in the majority of cases they will. I really believed that the Scottish Cup win would do more than end a 114 year curse. I thought it would give the club a renewed belief in itself. The appointment of Lennon only strengthened that belief and I found it hard to believe we would not win this league with something to spare. It's not turning out that way and I don't think it's unreasonable to express concern that we're heading for a play-off yet again.
    You don't take any pleasure in taking a pessimistic stance? Santa won't come if you tell lies.

Sorry but I think you should go for a sleep and wake up around May. It's only Dec there is loads to play for still.

Can I ask who else thinks a replacement for David Gray needs to be looked at? Take away the cup final goal and don't let your heart rule your heads here. I think he is caught out defensively, used as a wing back and he can't cross a ball. The last game I can remember us scoring from a cross was Graham's header against Morton and it took a forward to whip it in for him.
    Something needs to change, even if it's changing formation and using wingers. The ball is put down to him and Lewis far too much for it to go to waste.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yup... its looking like it again. Great as we have such a good record in these games.