hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick & Tired !

Boyle has been good since he came back into the team.He was poor tonight.Who wasn't .
    Boyle was on the penalties as Holt had missed one.
    Holt should never have started as Graham played well in the last game and scored and played well .
    Holt is not a starter for me .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by et vireta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a guy who has watched Hibs since the 60's lets be clear on a few things.........

I don't want anyone else telling me how great Lewis Stevenson is........He is very very average bordering on poor
    I am now going to move on from defence.........The Paul Hanlons of this world wouldnt get a game for the reserves when Sloop was playing !

We have too many people playing for Hibs who are not Hibs class ! Have a look at the guy who took the penalty !! If he is a Hibs player then I am a monkeys uncle

Problem with a lot of people who come on here are a bit frightened to tell the truth....we are watching garbage !!

Until we grab the thorn.......Mr Lennon you said earlier in the season something about under performances not being accepted........what about tonight ?

As an older guy.......this Hibs team are utter Mince

No apologies for saying this

"the guy" that took the penalty?? Yo mean martin boyle. Are you sure you're a Hibs fan?

It's inevitable that we compare players of different era's and indeed to different teams, the players getting slaughtered here are what they are and its what we have just now.
    I think there are legitimate questions about Stevensins level of ability , but managers over the past 4-5,years at least seem to have been content with him as the regular LB ..the reality seems to be like so much is that other teams now know hiwcto play him both offensively and defensively and he is now a weak link in our team.
    Hanlon is different his level of performance is usually very good, last night he got done by Murray dived in and made a poor challenge ! We applaud him as a defender and a couple of weeks ago a goalscorer !!
    The one thing I think lacks across the board is the lack of consistency and work ethic, since we came down and even the season of relegation, I don't often enough, see every player busting a gut for the team and cause. Too many drift in and out of games, they appear to be switched off during games, they seem to think they are better than they are and dont seem to have that desire and commiitment,
    "90 minutes of burst your backside effort" is what I expect,if you have a bad game it happens, but playing for the jersey anecdotes earn your wage ! Is what's demanded, memories of when we had good teams even going back to Brown, Thomson, Murphy, Riordan, etc as well as the Blackley, Edwards , Duncan teams they all seem to have had an across the team desire, commitment, will to win, character and attitude they worked and earned results, these days it's not evident that we have more than 6-7 in each game who have that in them, when we meet other teams they seem to have 8,9,10 up for it and burst their backsides for the cause ..some of our lot seem to think they need to turn up and play at 50-60 % if their ability , which takes their standard to the same or less than the other teams players ..hence we struggle to get the results we should be getting with the quality of player (on paper anyway) that we have.
    So is the real comparison about attitude more than ability ???

As a guy who has watched Hibs since the 60's lets be clear on a few things.........

I don't want anyone else telling me how great Lewis Stevenson is........He is very very average bordering on poor
    I am now going to move on from defence.........The Paul Hanlons of this world wouldnt get a game for the reserves when Sloop was playing !

We have too many people playing for Hibs who are not Hibs class ! Have a look at the guy who took the penalty !! If he is a Hibs player then I am a monkeys uncle

Problem with a lot of people who come on here are a bit frightened to tell the truth....we are watching garbage !!

Until we grab the thorn.......Mr Lennon you said earlier in the season something about under performances not being accepted........what about tonight ?

Well done for using the expression 'I'm a monkeys uncle'. Far too underused these days, I'm going to use it myself today, thanks

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I've never seen the Famous Five or the Tornadoes but I tell you what , I have seen the team that won the Scottish Cup.
    And what a team performance it was.

"That guy"
    Cmon now.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

And that my friend that is where the problems lie. In any other industry questions would be asked when an entity under performs........

Now think..I was at Elland Road 1973 and watched Hibs match and should have beat Leeds.......what has happened to us ?

Sorry to say it....too many people just accept it now.

The Hibs team of today are mince

But that doesnt mean we have to accept it

We have fallen and guys of my age know it

No they're not.

And good for you.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Well first half hibs were pish second half was nearly all hibs and did not deserve to loose that game.
    We can get out of this leugue but we need to splash the cash on a couple of high class loans .not run of the mill players ,we need guys that not only make a difference themselves but raise the game of those around them.
    If we don't I fear for this team and Neil Lennon will be finished as a manager

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Stop going to games then.

If we're utter mince then go play lawn bowls on a Saturday afternoon.

Btw, did Sloop ever win the Scottish Cup with the club?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Anyone who has watched Hibs since the 60s has seen far worse squads than what we have right now at some point.

We've had literally hundreds of players who you wouldn't exactly call 'Hibs Class' play for us.

The current bunch are nowhere near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to poor teams.

In fact, the OP should probably be rejoicing at the fact that this team is way better than some of the dross he's had to endure through the decades.

Fond memories of Stanton, Auld and Blackley as manager aye??

And that my friend that is where the problems lie. In any other industry questions would be asked when an entity under performs........

Now think..I was at Elland Road 1973 and watched Hibs match and should have beat Leeds.......what has happened to us ?

LOL ..... Looking at one of your other posts you are only 4 years older than me.

You are comparing different teams and players from different eras and that doesn't hold water for me .... saying this Hibs team is mince in the context of the current Scottish game is hardly fair, they are a decent team, sometimes at full strength more than decent, when compared to most SPFL clubs ..... you can hardly blame them that they play in an era where Scotland just isn't producing players of a standard prevalent 30 or 40 years ago.

This reminds me of two arguments:

1) ..... The Tornadoes could play without a keeper and hump this current lot ..... aye maybe, but the great Tornadoes when pitted against their peers could only manage one League cup and when they did reach their only Scottish cup final they got annihilated. My point being that this Hibs team are probably making just as much of their ability in relation to what competition they face than the Tornadoes did, certainly in cup competitions. Hell, they were one naïve managerial decision ( IMO ) away from pulling off an unimaginable double.

2) .... Comparing any Hibs team from the modern era, including the Tornadoes, to the Famous Five .... Yes the FF team's record speaks for itself, no Hibs team since has come close to what they achieved, but in what decade since would a club the size of Hibs have been able to keep the bulk of such a team together long enough to win 2 league titles, never mind 3. I remember being annoyed at Lawrie Reilly a number of years back criticising Hibs for being unable to put a decent settled team together that could challenge for the league, during a time where any player putting in a half decent half season was being shuttled off to the dozens of clubs down south who were offering a decent transfer fee and 4 times the wages.

In fact never mind the FF, if Hibs churned out another Pat Stanton, John Blackley or Eric Schaedler now just how many first team games would they play for Hibs before they were off down south?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here was me thinking that the Grinch was a fictional character.

Steve has cancelled Christmas

First Team Breakthrough

I agree mate. 3 years in a diddy league and we still can't take control. We don't score enough goals. Agree the standards have dropped. The cup win was brilliant which has given this current team an easy ride from the fans this season (Goodwill). We are playing in a poor league and we are now 50/50 with united to see who will win it.

Defo not good news

Testimonial Due
    Said it on another thread, We need Hibs players not Loan players in the January window!
    Loan players take the money and run regardless of the outcome!
    Hibs players want to get out of this League to further their career, so for me its a no brainer!!!!!

@hibs.net private member

You post some crap on this forum and you've only been here two weeks. How can you compare sides or players from different decades? This Hibs side is playing in the second level of Scottish football but still delivered the Scottish cup. Sloops team delivered a league cup and played lovely football but won 1 trophy.

More important than all this player performance chat....

What is it with all the dots in mid sentence.........when did that become normal...........it's kinda catching however

Definitely this
    But having said that, the whole of Scottish football has degenerated, it's awful, what's the answer to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Missed a pen they didn't. I don't think the second half we were that bad and didn't think we deserved to lose the game. But that's just me!
    How many times has that been said since our time in the championship though? All those games "we didn't deserve to lose" we lost! And that's the problem we have, it seems it's acceptable to lose those games that we didn't deserve to lose. The number of posters saying if we scored the penalty it would be a different forum tonight blah blah completely lose the point that we lost the game but because we didn't deserve to lose it it's fine! We were poor last night irrespective of how good or bad the opposition were, we were poor. In my opinion that means we didn't deserve to win last night and we didn't. The "we didn't deserve to lose" mentality is very defeatist and it needs to change. The fact our manager uses the term worries me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Well done for using the expression 'I'm a monkeys uncle'. Far too underused these days, I'm going to use it myself today, thanks

First laugh out loud I've had since final whistle last night. Far too underused, might use it too today.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    I don't like to single out players - we win/lose as a team.. but the OP is correct we were watching dross tonight.

That was unacceptable and too many are not good enough.
    ...and dross in a lower division.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    As a Hibs fan in the 80's where we had 4000 hardcore supporters and a poor team I feel we are in a stronger position to progress. A few good signings and the return of our 2 main midfielders will help the cause. Keep the faith people.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    You post some crap on this forum and you've only been here two weeks. How can you compare sides or players from different decades? This Hibs side is playing in the second level of Scottish football but still delivered the Scottish cup. Sloops team delivered a league cup and played lovely football but won 1 trophy.
    Right will try and keep this simple.

Every person who has responded to my post I respect.

You are a different kettle of fish. Your comments are utterly disgusting.

Were you once only two weeks on this site ? You comment on my posts and call them crap.Thats your opinion.

You let yourself down son, your mouthing is that of a bully

And to finish off I will say this

What is wrong with setting a bench mark ?
    Whats wrong with using the 1972 team as a bechmark

Whats wrong with aiming high ?

Right will try and keep this simple.

Every person who has responded to my post I respect.

You are a different kettle of fish. Your comments are utterly disgusting.

Were you once only two weeks on this site ? You comment on my posts and call them crap.Thats your opinion.

You let yourself down son, your mouthing is that of a bully

And to finish off I will say this

What is wrong with setting a bench mark ?
    Whats wrong with using the 1972 team as a bechmark

Whats wrong with aiming high ?
    Nothing wrong with setting a benchmark, but comparing the current team to the tornadoes is pointless. We could compare them to the famous five team too, for older posters, but again pointless. Different eras, different cultures, different game.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!

I'm with you on this one. Hanlon is never a CB in my book , people rattle on about how he's the saviour etc etc but if he was that good then he'd be playing at a higher level long before now.

Everyone loves Stevenson because he tries hard , gives 100% and loves the club but again , another average player who is just not good enough. He cannot deliver in The role he has in the team and its about time he was moved on.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Hanlon is never a CB in my book , people rattle on about how he's the saviour etc etc but if he was that good then he'd be playing at a higher level long before now.

Everyone loves Stevenson because he tries hard , gives 100% and loves the club but again , another average player who is just not good enough. He cannot deliver in The role he has in the team and its about time he was moved on.
    But this would mean only appreciating players who left us for a bigger club. That's nonsense.

In the context of where we are and Scottish football these days, Paul Hanlon is a more than decent CB.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We were abysmal. Having them in 5 weeks time isn't a good thing although by then, we'll already be trailing them as no way a team that plays dumplings like Holt and Boyle will beat Morton, Raith and Falkirk.
    Despite the fact we've beaten them all already. You're barmy.

Old folk shouldnt be allowed on the internet.

What on earth did Hanlon do wrong last night?

@hibs.net private member

*shakes head in disbelief*

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Missed a pen they didn't. I don't think the second half we were that bad and didn't think we deserved to lose the game. But that's just me!
    The game was summed up for me by 2 things, Boyles poor penalty attempt, no self belief on his part at all. Stevenson's free kick which didn't even clear the first defender.
    Boyle is not a centre forward, awful first touch & Stevenson is not a wing back.

And I'm sorry to say you are living in the past. I would love to see the Tornadoes in their pomp again but that era has gone. Times have moved on and the game has changed.