hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The apprentice

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

The apprentice

I've never watched this programme before,but it's on the tele now. What a load of utter pish. The most desperate people I've ever seen, it's like Jeremy Kyle for the telegraph generation

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    The contestants this year do seem like the most clueless bunch I've seen on the show.

I like it though.

I reckon it will be a female winner possibly the Irish lass won't even try and spell her name or the dipsy dark haired one

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The contestants this year do seem like the most clueless bunch I've seen on the show.

I like it though.
    Poor candidates this year compared with previous imo.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I am amazed at how stupid most of them are.
    Absolute dicks.

What about that Radge guy who who fired 2 weeks ago
    I thought he was going to explode. I've worked with someone like that and it was hilarious.
    I honestly believe that they take themselves seriously.

The best of the bad bunch is the Irish woman but even then , she's just no very good.

One of them must have a good business plan as that's what its all about.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I'm convinced it's teaching a whole generation of office workers to go into the workplace thinking childish tantrums, bullying, shouting over each other and generally being a bellend is normal behaviour in the workplace or boardroom. I also detect an increase in people I've met who attempt to barter to get cheaper prices way below what the product or service costs to produce. The only sensible response to this is 'no, it costs what it costs, do you want it?' In the show, for some reason, the contestants are always shown getting a massive and unrealistic discount. Probably an insiduous tv vehicle for the AMS empire to change a nations behaviour for its own interests.

I do watch it though

I honestly struggle to see how some of these people are successful in business. Utterly clueless.

It's car crash TV, I like it but let's be honest the business plans will be known beforehand and the winner selected from a smaller group. The rest are there for entertainment value.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I love it.

I think it's carefully edited in order to make them look as thick as possible. The tasks will be tough and 98% of what they do will probably be competent and professional - it's the hopeless 2% that is the entertaining watchable stuff though.

All the mistakes they make look avoidable with hindsight but it can't be easy having to co-operate and win tasks with a bunch of complete wallopers.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I still watch it but do think each year the candidates selected are a bit more outlandish than the previous year to make it appealing. It'll soon become a parody of itself though.

Agree with the poster that says it will be edited to show the contestants in the worst possible light, but at the same time you wonder how year on year the same fundamental mistakes are made on the recurring tasks. Reckon I could get far on the show simply by being normal and having watched previous series.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm convinced it's teaching a whole generation of office workers to go into the workplace thinking childish tantrums, bullying, shouting over each other and generally being a bellend is normal behaviour in the workplace or boardroom. I also detect an increase in people I've met who attempt to barter to get cheaper prices way below what the product or service costs to produce. The only sensible response to this is 'no, it costs what it costs, do you want it?' In the show, for some reason, the contestants are always shown getting a massive and unrealistic discount. Probably an insiduous tv vehicle for the AMS empire to change a nations behaviour for its own interests.

I do watch it though
    Totally agree - I cant watch it anymore for this reason - there may be some industries where be an utter walloper works but I wouldn't have any of them with this type character trait working for me.