hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Madden

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Madden

Thought he did okay tonight. In fact, for the first time in (let me see now ) ...... years, we got our fair share, if not more, of the calls.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I agree, he was pretty fair, though the Utd lad was lucky to stay on for a pretty out of control lunge on Stevenson

I posted on the match thread (right before their pen award) that I felt he was having a great game.

Almost all of the 50/50 decisions were going our way. Disappointed in the penalty call as I felt Fonts won the ball although there are grey areas in the rules in terms of tackling from behind so would give the ref the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

Could be doing wi him as ref when we go to the hammer throwers from Falkirk in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, he was pretty fair, though the Utd lad was lucky to stay on for a pretty out of control lunge on Stevenson

Our players have walked this season for a lot less and it was certainly more deserving than Holts "elbow".

If our team had performed as competently as the ref tonight, we'd have three points. We can't blame the officials this time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Thought he did okay tonight. In fact, for the first time in (let me see now ) ...... years, we got our fair share, if not more, of the calls.
    Totally agree - in fact, if I was a Dundee Utd fan, I'd be fuming at some of his de ions tonight !. Don't think we've had a ref on our side like he was tonight - and we still lost !

Yeah no complaints about the ref, we got most of the 50/50s

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Apart from the pen?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Apart from the pen?
    Obviously it didn't go our way but it was an excusable error

I thought it was a penalty on first viewing

It took a slow motion replay from a different angle to show he got the ball

Can't really blame Madden or Fonts

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He was good, imho. Can understand why he gave their penalty, I thought it was a penalty as soon as it happened. I had no complaints about the ref last night. Wish we'd played as well as he did.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    The best ref in Scotland by a mile. Doesn't rush in, talks sensibly to players & gets most things right, probably including their pen.

Hibs can't blame the referee for last night's performance. If only every referee this season had done his job as well as last night's referee Hibs would most probably still have been sitting at least 3 points clear of DU this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The best ref in Scotland by a mile. Doesn't rush in, talks sensibly to players & gets most things right, probably including their pen.
    Agree, his people skills are very good and he likes to talk to the players as well. Thought he had a good night last night.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Hibs can't blame the referee for last night's performance. If only every referee this season had done his job as well as last night's referee Hibs would most probably still have been sitting at least 3 points clear of DU this morning.
    Aye, and we wouldn't have been relegated in the first place.
    We have been riddled with appalling referee decisions over the past several years that have cost us dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Agree, his people skills are very good and he likes to talk to the players as well. Thought he had a good night last night.
    Agree with you. I was not a fan of Madden but his performance last night was very fair and any mistakes he made looked fairly made and without any real controversy. Thought our pen was a pen and could see how he gave theirs. Cannot blame the ref in any way for our defeat last night. Thought utd looked sharp coming forward compared to our two up front who had a pretty poor game.

@hibs.net private member
    He had the best performance on the park. Looked at their penalty a few times and I think there is enough in it to argue it is a penalty. The only one I think he could have done any better on was Toshney's lunge on Lewis. A very good performance.
    Last edited by wookie70; 03-12-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Apart from the pen?
    It was a penalty. Had that been at the other end you'd have expected the referee to point to the spot.

I thought Madden had a good game and we got the benefit more often than not of the marginal calls.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.