hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    what a lot of pish. We missed our penalty they scored theirs. Keep winning, take these Dundee pretenders at home and we'll be fine.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats all⚽️
    Away and lie in your pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Stubbs couldn't get us promoted but Lennon hasn't the ability to do it either. Winning leagues with Celtic with no Rangers in the top league means nowt.

He's not got it as a manager.
    All the truth is written there, well said.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    That wasn't even our 2nd or 3rd choice midfield pairing out there tonight - McGinn and Fyvie are massive players for us, I for one have faith in Lennon he is the best man for the job!

Big deal Utd got lucky in the end take this defeat on the chin and move on!

GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Everyone wanted him gone before the cup final. Failed to get us up twice. Get to bed.
    Everyone, really? I certainly didn't though I agree this is a bit of a nonsensical thread. FWIW though I rate AS more highly than NL . He had the vision & courage to change things during games, notably on 21/5/16. NL looks incapable of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Everyone, really? I certainly didn't though I agree this is a bit of a nonsensical thread. FWIW though I rate AS more highly than NL . He had the vision & courage to change things during games, notably on 21/5/16. NL looks incapable of doing that.
    I think the match you quote was one of the very few examples of when AS made subs that actually changed the game. My recollection is they were usually far too late and the wrong choices.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think the match you quote was one of the very few examples of when AS made subs that actually changed the game. My recollection is they were usually far too late and the wrong choices.
    That would be my view as well (apart from the SCF ).

I can't stand these posts/threads that start with some stupid statement and then finish with "that's all".

If you can't be bothered explaining your point then don't bother at all.

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Not really last year he had rangers who we beat multiple times then all the other teams were just the same pish. He couldn't get us being consistent against all the other teams.

Rangers are quite clearly head and shoulders above Dundee United, I'm surprised you disagree with that. Falkirk were also a much stronger side last year IMO.

I don't agree with the premise of sacking Lennon for Stubbs, I'm just making the point that IMO Stubbs had tougher competition, fair enough if you disagree

Thats all⚽️
    Jings, he bolted as soon as he got the chance to FO to Rotherham! It makes Gorgie look good.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St David Gray View Post
    what a lot of pish. We missed our penalty they scored theirs. Keep winning, take these Dundee pretenders at home and we'll be fine.

Thank you.

Some much needed common sense.

To be honest, based on performance/results if you had told me Stubbs was in charge this season I'd believe it. Not really seeing much difference so far with Lennon. Forgetting the cup, this is the same Stubbs that finished behind Falkirk.

what a crap thread!
    thats all!

I sense disgruntlement in the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    To be honest, based on performance/results if you had told me Stubbs was in charge this season I'd believe it. Not really seeing much difference so far with Lennon. Forgetting the cup, this is the same Stubbs that finished behind Falkirk.
    Stubbs had much better home form and poorer away form. We were a very different team last season. I think we'll win it but it wont be pretty.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    A bumper packet of Tena Lady in the post for some on this thread I think....

Nah, its a no from me.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Deary deary me.

After a loss, these threads are always interesting .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Dread to think where we'd be in the league with Stubbs in charge, comfortably in 3rd or 4th spot probably.

We've got the best man for the job right now and a couple of signings in Jan will see us ok.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as that but if we are being entirely honest how many games have you actually enjoyed under Lennon's tenure?

I'm not buying into it and I don't think we are a good football team to watch.

As I said on the thread we didn't look like scoring even when we got a penalty....scary stuff
    What about the great save from keeper just after the pen?

Lets not forget Dundee United looked even less likely to score until they got the pen.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich_Hibby View Post
    Right now we are strong defensively then 'hoof' - if that gets us up great..but longer term?????
    Longer term isn't important and isn't relevant until we get promoted - by any means necessary

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    No knee-jerking from me but I'd take him back any day of the week.

@hibs.net private member
    Stubbs had his chance and failed to get us twice but delivered the holy grail so for that alone I was wanting him to stay but he chose to leave. As a support I don't get this constant pinning for ex players and now Stubbs. If NL fails to get us up then it is the time to review this contract. But to call for his sacking when we are top of the league is embarrassing. I'm not even a fan of NL but come on it's not even Christmas and supporters want him sacked... jeezo

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Stubbs had his chance and failed to get us twice but delivered the holy grail so for that alone I was wanting him to stay but he chose to leave. As a support I don't get this constant pinning for ex players and now Stubbs. If NL fails to get us up then it is the time to review this contract. But to call for his sacking when we are top of the league is embarrassing. I'm not even a fan of NL but come on it's not even Christmas and supporters want him sacked... jeezo

Unbelievable isn't it. Utd will drop more points than us this season. They stole a draw at Easter rd and nicked a win last night when we really should have won that game by 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Unbelievable isn't it. Utd will drop more points than us this season. They stole a draw at Easter rd and nicked a win last night when we really should have won that game by 2 or 3
    I keep seeing posts like this. What is it based on? Wishful thinking, or what?

DU are now unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions and have exactly the same WDL record in the Championship as Hibs. This from a team just relegated, in a complete mess, and just appointed a new manager.

Their draw at ER was down to Hibs terrible defending at a corner kick, and our own inability to put the ball in the back of the net often enough. Result - they "stole it". That's happened far too often over the last few seasons.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    What game were you watching last night?
    Should have won by 2 or 3? They scored from a penalty, when in that game did we make 3 or 4 chances?
    It was a bad result, take it on the chin, but don't delude yourself that we were by far the better team!!!

People talked about Lennon being a winner and giving us the mentality to grind out wins etc

We've seen nothing like that and the football is much much poorer than Stubbs teams. Add to that some poor recruitment and it's been very disappointing IMO.

I think a large element of our support have been quite smug this year with little justification. Points total is p*ss poor and turfed out the League cup in round one. Lennon needs to deliver 8/9 wins on the bounce, that would be progress

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Thats all⚽️
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    What game were you watching last night?
    Should have won by 2 or 3? They scored from a penalty, when in that game did we make 3 or 4 chances?
    It was a bad result, take it on the chin, but don't delude yourself that we were by far the better team!!!
    The penalty, Shinnie chance just after that, Hanlon chance when he just never caught it right on the drop with his right foot. That's three chances without really thinking. There was also another couple of good chances we missed. Before Murray came on for them, they never threatened us once. We should have been 2 up an comfortable by then. I can't understand why people think we were so bad last night, we were decent. To quote yourself, chin up, **** happens. They will not finish within 9 points of us.