hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How desperate was Stubbs to leave Scottish football that he chose Rotherham?

Never go back. The team may be playing poorly but Lennon will see them promoted as champions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Do people drink a lot at away games.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do people drink a lot at away games.

There was a few at the game that had been drinking that maybe shouldn't drink as they were just making complete tits of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Thats all⚽️
    Eh NAW. That's all

Thats all⚽️
    Eh NAW. That's all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think the match you quote was one of the very few examples of when AS made subs that actually changed the game. My recollection is they were usually far too late and the wrong choices.
    I wouldn't necessarily argue with that though I really meant that AS would change his formation depending on the opposition. As an example he would ditch his favoured diamond to 3 centre backs when we played Sevco to counter the threat from their full backs. Ironically of course he switched to the diamond when Henderson delivered! NL however plays the same formation regardless of the opposition or whether we're home or away. With the exception of Holt for Graham just about every Hibs fan would have named our team, our formation & our subs yesterday. If we know it then so do the opposition!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thats all⚽️
    Oh dear.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Stubbs is a legend for the cup win. He couldn't get us out of this league though. Bring him back? No chance.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Thats all⚽️
    https://youtu.be/WDpOawqg5i4
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have had one aim since being relegated, and that was to get back up. Stubbs failed twice, failing to even finish 2nd last season.

Lennon has not made us better yet, i'm not convinced he will going on what we've seen so far and his signing policy.

He should have this team well clear, but with his style of play and his team selections along with a little bad luck, see's us where we are.

I'm fed up with hearing how we will win this game, or will take control of this league. We don't look like we will take control of many things, and are normally chasing results.

Well we are level on points now, and have a few injuries, but we are not the only club who have injuries, and with our budget, our replacements should be better than the rest of this league.

Lennon needs to get the team through the next few games and still top when the window opens, and the players he brings in must be players that improve the TEAM not the squad, and they must be the right kind of players.

He will be properly judged then, as at this moment in time, i'd say he's a 5/10.

I think part of the problem was the Boards insistence at the start of the Season that we only needed three or four players in . That may have been true if we had signed players of the quality of Mcginn and Fyvie ,but for me thats not been the case
    The keeper has done fine but the defence is still the best in the country
    However Henderson was our top scoring midfielder in a midfield that didnt shoot enough We didnt teplace him
    We were too reliant on Cummings who apart from Dom seemed to struggle to form a partnership with other Strikers
    He remained our top scorer and Lennon gave him a four year deal which looked a good bit of business But now he wont play him Which is fine if other Strikers are scoring
    Holt i assume was someone Lennon wanted but he isnt going to score us the goals we need so for me the jury is out on whether he was the big signing we needed up front
    Graham was a last minute signing who hasnt commanded a first team place ,so while he will score the odd goal he clearly isnt seen as a first team regular
    Boyle has been favoured recently but as we have seen he isnt consistent
    Keatings was and is a good squad player but again isnt a consistent scorer
    So what the Board and Lennon need to do in the Transfer window is brng in a scoring midfielder who stays fit
    Bring in a Striker who can score consistently or reinstate Cummings and bring in someone he can play with as we have options off the bench
    He needs to get Hanlon Fontaine and Mcgregor scoring from corners If that means bringing in someone who can deliver better ball into the box then so be it
    But for me the Next set of signings will determine if we will push on a win the leaugue or whether its going to be a nervy fight with United

The fact we have no yourh players breaking into the team remains a concern as Leeann said that was the key to Bridge the dissconnect between the youth teams and the first team and we clearly havent done that
    Leeann said to me at the West of Scotland Persevere Night We Will Go Up She may well be right but i teminded her I am a Hibbee and i take nothing for granted
    We need to earn promotion and United have thrown down the gauntlet For me if we had done better business in the Transfer Market we would of been clear by now
    We have one window left to get it right

But united have same opportunity to strengthen and i will be equally interested in thier signings

In the meantime we have to find a combination that allows us to win our next few games That is Lennon s job and he is getting well paid to do that so he knows he needs to deliver

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    We shouldn't bring Stubbs back. No ifs or butts. :
    Last edited by snooky; 03-12-2016 at 06:43 PM.

No...........

No..........

Legend, will always be, but........

No.........

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    We shouldn't bring Stubbs back. No ifs or butts. :
    You've vaporised that idea Snooky. Shame as he could have been a big draw.