hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stevenson

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With our injuries why was Stevenson not moved into midfield instead of unfit Bartley or unfit mcGeouch and Crane put at left back? Or play 451 with Hanlon at LB? He works his socks off but I honestly think LB especially in our team does not work for him or the team. He would look ok with a winger in front of him.
    I've always thought that Hibs benefit more from Lewis in midfield - he's far better there than in defence.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    What's with the personal abuse about a player playing for our team??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Fwiw, i agree with all of your post. Stevensons distribution is frustrating, shall we say, but lets not forget he is part of a defence that has conceded the fewest goals in the uk, i stand corrected if that is no longer the case. If he was garbage tonight amongst a team of good performances then I would have no qualms with this thread, but the fact is the entire team were poor yet there was an inevitability that a thread would be here straight after ft. Not deserved and that was my point based on the above.
    Fair play mate. Fwiw I actually feel Hibs as a club are letting Lewis down. In a back 4 he's what we need as a wingback he struggles and that's what infuriates me that fans can see this but it's never addressed by management.

GGTTH

Oooh matron!

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Couldn't cross a coupon ... move on pal
    I thought he was poor too.. not one decent cross all night.. no attacking threat whatsoever.. then again so was Gray

Left by mutual consent!
    Stevenson's a decent solid defender. Nothing more. (Which is why he has remained at Hibs for so long)

It beggars belief that he was put on freekick and corner duty. It's almost like they just did it for a laugh. He is by far the worst crosser of a ball in that team. (Not that there are any good crossers atm)

What we're really lacking though is a Murray type player. Someone who will actually take defenders on. Someone who will gamble. Far too many hopeful punts from 40 yards in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Sorry but the point is well made, of course tonight's defeat wasn't his fault but he is quite simply one of the worst crossers of the ball I have ever seen, his delivery is utterly woeful

You are all so predictable you really are!

Sure some of his crosses were not perfect but as Hibee Girl says you all must have missed the great balls he crosssed in more than a few times during the game!

No one tonight looked as if they knew what they were doing at all..... just look at the carry on with who was going to take our penalty, they kept looking over at the bench. what was the point anyway putting in high balls to two huge defenders who were all over boyle and holt?

I dont see anyone getting on Shinnie's back for losing the ball time and time again or slipping all over the park or have i missed that ? Its far to easy to blame Lewis for everything that happens to Hibs..

Its one defeat so get off his back and rather than get on at him support the team..............

We all know how good McGinn and Fyvie have been and there is no one else that will take their place. They are going to be a BIG miss so for goodness sake dont make Lewis the scapegoat AGAIN its getting so boring!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    And you ALWAYS seem to defend him. Good crosses? Are you having a laugh???

Get him to ****. Utterly woeful "footballer".

Apparently he's just a "scapegoat" though.

I'm not his biggest fan especially his crossing but that bit in bold is extremely harsh imo.

Not good enough

For me Stevenson lacks pace, initiative and a woeful delivery. Certainly no one can question his effort levels, which is certainly admirable. But the matter of the fact is he has been at the heart of a failing Hibs team for years...
    If he was the great player some say he his, can I ask why no other team has put in a serious offer in for him?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    You are all so predictable you really are!

Sure some of his crosses were not perfect but as Hibee Girl says you all must have missed the great balls he crosssed in more than a few times during the game!

No one tonight looked as if they knew what they were doing at all..... just look at the carry on with who was going to take our penalty, they kept looking over at the bench. what was the point anyway putting in high balls to two huge defenders who were all over boyle and holt?

I dont see anyone getting on Shinnie's back for losing the ball time and time again or slipping all over the park or have i missed that ?
    Its far to easy to blame Lewis for everything that happens to Hibs..

Its one defeat so get off his back and rather than get on at him support the team..............

We all know how good McGinn and Fyvie have been and there is no one else that will take their place. They are going to be a BIG miss so for goodness sake dont make Lewis the scapegoat AGAIN its getting so boring!

There weren't any thats why!!

Shinnie was hibs best player by a mile tonight, he was driving forward but had no runners in front of him to pass to.

Nobody is blaming him for tonights defeat, merely pointing out that he can't cross a road never mind a football.

@hibs.net private member
    His crossing has been poor lately but the other players don't help. Hardly anyone makes a near post run and when Lewis got the ball tonight no-one came to give him a hand. He works best when players get close to him and he can play one twos. He isn't the type to go round a man. He's not at his best but there were far worse than him tonight

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    His crossing has been poor lately but the other players don't help. Hardly anyone makes a near post run and when Lewis got the ball tonight no-one came to give him a hand. He works best when players get close to him and he can play one twos. He isn't the type to go round a man. He's not at his best but there were far worse than him tonight
    How do you say it ?

Not good enough !

He is not a Hibs full back...for Gods sake stop covering up for him

Quote Originally Posted by et vireta View Post
    How do you say it ?

Not good enough !

He is not a Hibs full back...for Gods sake stop covering up for him
    He isnt just a Hibs full back, he is a Hibs legend.

No interested teams, no rumours, signs contract after contract......current and previous manager rate so we must respect that

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    What's with the personal abuse about a player playing for our team??
    Correct...I smell a lot of yamness
    Last edited by Libby Hibby; 03-12-2016 at 05:22 AM.

It's ridiculous to pick on Lewis in this game. The defence and midfield were ok without being brilliant and for me the forwards had a poor game tonight. Boyley and Holt were poor with no control of the ball.

Hibs didn't lose the game because of Lewis Stevenson but it stands out a country mile that replacing such a limited player is becoming a serious priority.

Lennon must have hoped he could have limped through to the end of the season and waited until the summer as he must know Stevenson cant survive at LB in the top division.

I would bite the bullet before then and act in January if the budget allows as LB looks more necessary than even centre mid.

Guys can we please leave the personal abuse out of this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_95 View Post
    For me Stevenson lacks pace, initiative and a woeful delivery. Certainly no one can question his effort levels, which is certainly admirable. But the matter of the fact is he has been at the heart of a failing Hibs team for years...
    If he was the great player some say he his, can I ask why no other team has put in a serious offer in for him?
    Didn't realise playing left back for a team that reached two domestic cup finals last season counted as being the heart of a failing team. Shows what I know though.

I think every Hibs fan will always be grateful to Lewis for his dedication to the club and the way he has conducted himself during his time at Hibs. However , the time has come for him to move on or become a back up squad player rather than a first pick every week.

He is simply not good enough and his ball in the final third is woeful and often lets down an attack that has been manoeuvred into a dangerous position. Yes he is fairly tenacious at defending but that is not what is required from a modern day full / wing back.

If this is deemed me to be scapegoating then fair enough. I want Hibs to be the best they possibly can and Stevenson IMO is just not at the level that is required to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'm not a great fan of Stevenson but I do think we ask too much of him.

Let him be a left back, shed some of our centre midfielders and get wingers in to provide the width and offer a real danger from the wings and not just rely on someone there because he's fit enough to make it up the park.

Whole team was toothless last night but Stevenson isn't, has never been and will never be a wing back. If 352 is the way we are going then we need someone to play the role.

That's not a 'Lewis is rubbish' or 'it's all Lewis' fault' comment. It's just the way I see it. He doesn't have the pace or skill to beat a man and his final ball is poor a lot of the time. If we are relying on him to provide service from wide areas (and to an extent Gray on the other) then we are going to continue to struggle to create the opportunities our time in possesion merits.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Sorry but the point is well made, of course tonight's defeat wasn't his fault but he is quite simply one of the worst crossers of the ball I have ever seen, his delivery is utterly woeful
    I take it you weren't at the game at ER when Hanlon replaced him ?

Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    Lennons just said on TV he was the designated penalty taker.
    It was a poor pen...
    Lennon is an idiot then. Boyle should be nowhere near taking our pens.

I like Lewis but we all know he can't cross worth skit. Can someone please explain to me what he is doing taking free kicks into the box

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Lennon is an idiot then. Boyle should be nowhere near taking our pens.

I like Lewis but we all know he can't cross worth skit. Can someone please explain to me what he is doing taking free kicks into the box
    Boyle hit a decent enough pen back in April. Although I agree with the way Boyle was playing last night he shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Holt missed his last one.

Who would you have had taken it?

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Well I'm going to blame Neil Lennon not any of the players. He picks the team and the tactics ,we all as supporters no the strengths and weaknesses of our players. Lennon in his wisdom decided to sign who he did, where is the ambition the players who would really make a difference .
    The fans have done our bit. Time for he club to really loosen the purse strings and get the players in to get us out of this leugue

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Greenworld; 03-12-2016 at 07:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    What's wrong with the signings Lennon made?

Rocky has been solid, Shinnie is a really important player for us and Holt / Graham have been ok ish.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Well I'm going to blame Neil Lennon not any of the players. He picks the team and the tactics ,we all as supporters no the strengths and weaknesses of our players. Lennon in his wisdom decided to sign who he did, where is the ambition the players who would really make a difference .
    The fans have done our bit. Time for he club to really loosen the purse strings and get the players in to get us out of this leugue

"Going to blame Neil Lennon"......for being top of the league?

Dundee Utd are on a terrific run of form and it was never going to be easy game last night, we don't have the divine right to win every week so IMO there's a fair bit of over reacting going on.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    What's wrong with the signings Lennon made?

Rocky has been solid, Shinnie is a really important player for us and Holt / Graham have been ok ish.
    Ok ish will not get us out of this leugue

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Boyle hit a decent enough pen back in April. Although I agree with the way Boyle was playing last night he shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Holt missed his last one.

Who would you have had taken it?
    McGeough was our penalty taker for a while when he first signed wasn't he?