hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyle hit a decent enough pen back in April. Although I agree with the way Boyle was playing last night he shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Holt missed his last one.

Who would you have had taken it?
    Shinnie or maybes even Dylan although the way he played last night he might have missed it, who knows. What I do know is that just before Boyle took it my 12 year old daughter turned to me and said he was gonna miss it and i agreed with her.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Shinnie or maybes even Dylan although the way he played last night he might have missed it, who knows. What I do know is that just before Boyle took it my 12 year old daughter turned to me and said he was gonna miss it and i agreed with her.
    Has a habit of happening when a player has been ***** all game and then steps up to take a penalty. I think Holt sensed that, hence why he wanted to hit it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    McGeough was our penalty taker for a while when he first signed wasn't he?
    I really can't remember mate. The way he was playing last night I wouldn't have been too confident of him scoring either

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I really can't remember mate. The way he was playing last night I wouldn't have been too confident of him scoring either
    I agree - and I'm pretty sure he stopped taking them after missing one!

He's promoted Stevenson to free kicks so maybe he could've taken the pen as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I agree - and I'm pretty sure he stopped taking them after missing one!

He's promoted Stevenson to free kicks so maybe he could've taken the pen as well.
    Free kicks and corners given to our least technical player baffled me. To then see him step up to take a penalty would have been surreal

One of a number simply not good enough.

Lewis has been a terrible crosser of the ball for yonks, why do we keep insisting on him crossing, he just cant, I like the guy bit not as a crosser, to get out of this league we need to play with pace, like we did with Queens, not, pishy, slow, non creative pish, I dont get it, or maybe I do. We could be atleast 10 -15 clear already, were throwing it away, yet again. As for the transfr period, we need to sort it out now, not bloody January, anyone remember what happened last transfer period or the time becore that? We signed injured and unfit players that couldnt contribute for weeks, it was all too late(coming good for the cup final) in fact Stokes was a prime example. Iam also starting to run out of patience with Lennon, BUT that will be for a later time, no sense in getting on his back now.Tempo and pace its pretty simple?
    WE REALLY CANT WAIT FOR THE TRANSFER PERIOD.

I've said this before and it bears repeating.

We have two very good full backs in Gray and Stevenson who are being played out of position as wing backs and expected to beat their man and whip in good crosses on a regular basis. As we see every week, that is not their natural game and simply exposes their inadequacy as attackers.

It's a managerial failure. Either the formation is wrong, because two players are being used in an unsuitable role, or the recruitment is wrong, because the manager has failed to bring in players who are suited to being wing backs.

To be honest, in this division and against teams that for the most part want to defend against us in depth, we should be playing wingers and not wing backs in a 3-5-2 anyway. But we don't have any wingers despite that being a glaring weakness in the squad for a couple of seasons now.

Based on our existing squad, I'd look to play 4-3-3. Keep Gray and Stevenson in defence where they are good players and can overlap occasionally without being our sole width. McGregor and Hanlon are a good combination at CH with Fontaine and Forster for cover. McGinn, Fyvie, Shinnie, McGeoch, Bartley and Martin offer plenty of options in midfield. We have Cummings, Keatings and Boyle to play wide of Graham or Holt.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.