hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...ays-ex-player/

I'm sure he'll be known to some on here.
    I remember that he was highly rated. It was seen as great business when we poached him from Dundee Utd, then the huns did the same to us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Interesting juxtaposition of Rangers dealing with it in relation to Celtic. The story about Dalguise would there not have been other adults on these trips or would he be there on his jack with the players.

I can remember going to Dalguise Castle with Hutchy at the start of the 80's when GN was there, not aware of any shenanigans taking place though.

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't really believe that the papers didn't know about this 26 years ago. I wonder why the old Rangers hushed it up, and I wonder why the police if they were informed by Rangers didn't take any action.

The sickening abuse is only part of the story - how the perpetrator came to get protection from prosecution is as deeply troubling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihibs7 View Post
    I don't really believe that the papers didn't know about this 26 years ago. I wonder why the old Rangers hushed it up, and I wonder why the police if they were informed by Rangers didn't take any action.

The sickening abuse is only part of the story - how the perpetrator came to get protection from prosecution is as deeply troubling.

And, it has to be said, did Hibs have any knowledge of it?
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 05-12-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It says in the story that it wasn't reported to the club.​

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    That was my main worry reading it. Apparently the guy had a bit of a reputation prior to joining us, although that doesn't suggest that anyone at the club knew for certain.

First Team Breakthrough
    They likely did after 1990 when the highly rated coach disappeared without a trace.

This all happened prior to the club changing hands too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It says in the story that it wasn't reported to the club.​
    It's the DR

The correct thing to do, IMO, would be to establish that for certain.... just as the more responsible clubs down South are doing, conduct a thorough investigation.

For all we know, there is somebody out there who's reading that piece and saying "hold on, I did say something to...."

They likely did after 1990 when the highly rated coach disappeared without a trace.

This all happened prior to the club changing hands too.

... that complicates things, of course.

As does the fact that the alleged perpetrator isn't around any more. Just as in the Savile case, he's not able to defend himself. Does that make it easier for the alleged victims, or harder?

First Team Breakthrough
    ... that complicates things, of course.

As does the fact that the alleged perpetrator isn't around any more. Just as in the Savile case, he's not able to defend himself. Does that make it easier for the alleged victims, or harder?
    An Ibrox spokesman said: “Rangers is now aware of an alleged incident involving an individual who worked very briefly for the club more than 25 years ago.

“It’s understood the individual was dismissed immediately and that the police were informed.”

I agree with you about him not being around anymore to defend himself. I wonder what kind of resolution is now possible. The rangers have lined up their position, I don't think it's a position that is reasonable or decent. I'd also venture given what I posted above re GN seeing as he's now identified, that rangers aren't being entirely honest - possibly in their defence, because no one involved in what happened in 1990 is still with the club.

Gamer IDs

I'm also interested to know if this was the case that MagpieHibs was referring to.

I don't think any club should be making any sweeping statements until the matter has been very thoroughly investigated.

There's something I don't like about this trial by media. It seems to be that anyone can come out and say anything about dead men and football clubs without any sort of comeback.

I hope that anyone found guilty of child abuse is very heavily punished and any club (including our own) who covered anything up gets the book thrown at them - there must be zero tolerance of any of this kind of thing.

But the right way to get it sorted is by speaking to the police, not the papers.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    I'm also interested to know if this was the case that MagpieHibs was referring to.
    I don't think so.

The one you are talking about was supposed to be a Hun legend.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    Tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Tried to PM you but your inbox is full.
    I'll de-clutter when I'm home

Testimonial Due
    When we get things like this cropping up about abuse or whatever, I sometimes think as supporters we should not decry everyone else unless were sure of what is in our own locker!!!
    To many times we jump on a bit of banter at the time, then later find out were not as pure as we thought, and everyone is just against us for bringing it up!!!!
    All these people are despicable and are everywhere, so until it all comes out we should be quite and stop trying to score points from others until we know that we are not involved and be thankful if we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    When we get things like this cropping up about abuse or whatever, I sometimes think as supporters we should not decry everyone else unless were sure of what is in our own locker!!!
    To many times we jump on a bit of banter at the time, then later find out were not as pure as we thought, and everyone is just against us for bringing it up!!!!
    All these people are despicable and are everywhere, so until it all comes out we should be quite and stop trying to score points from others until we know that we are not involved and be thankful if we are not.
    Correct.

Now that the ball is rolling, I think there will be absolutely loads of stories emerging. The ex-footballers that first came forward have said that this could be even bigger than the Saville scandal.

If nothing else it will hopefully put an end to child abuse being used as a petty point scoring excercise by fans.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I knew him when i was a boy, although i cant remember if it was with Edina Hibs or somewhere else? He seemed a very driven guy from my vague memory of him, but this was early to middle 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Absolutely this .... and even if Hibs don't end up being named this is NOT a subject to use for terracing banter or as a stick to beat opposition clubs or fans with, to do so would be utterly disrespectful to the victims in my opinion.

An Ibrox spokesman said: “Rangers is now aware of an alleged incident involving an individual who worked very briefly for the club more than 25 years ago.

“It’s understood the individual was dismissed immediately and that the police were informed.”

I agree with you about him not being around anymore to defend himself. I wonder what kind of resolution is now possible. The rangers have lined up their position, I don't think it's a position that is reasonable or decent. I'd also venture given what I posted above re GN seeing as he's now identified, that rangers aren't being entirely honest - possibly in their defence, because no one involved in what happened in 1990 is still with the club.

Don't really understand your post Rangers have just saidwhat they think happened 25 years ago.What is unreasonable or indecent about that?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Absolutely this .... and even if Hibs don't end up being named this is NOT a subject to use for terracing banter or as a stick to beat opposition clubs or fans with, to do so would be utterly disrespectful to the victims in my opinion.
    Absolutely. Nothing funny about this at all and how can we expect more victims to come forward if the whole thing starts getting mocked and made fun out of. The football world needs to come together with this and make sure we encourage more victims to be brave and speak up as well as make sure these monsters (if still alive) are caught and brought to justice.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The publicity given to these stories is encouraging other men to come and name their childhood abusers. Given the circumstances, the rights of the men accused are secondary. If they were still alive then I'm sure the whole situation changes in terms of public discussion.

Sadly this is likely to prove a tip of the iceberg story and we should probably brace ourselves for much worse.

As someone who was brought up football daft and spent so many years playing for teams, man and boy, it really makes feel saddened and sickened to know that these depraved *******s had such easy access children. The whole thing made even worse by the inaction when stories did emerge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38208329
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 05-12-2016 at 11:17 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don't really understand your post Rangers have just saidwhat they think happened 25 years ago.What is unreasonable or indecent about that?
    Rangers is now aware of an incident that happened at Rangers? Presumably as the press uncovers more incidents Rangers will become aware of them too.

An individual was briefly employed? For 4 years?!?!

I strongly suspect that Rangers in collusion with the press covered this up 25 years ago, they are compounding that mistake now by not being open and transparent with what they know.

Smith & Souness unavailable for comment?

It feels like Rangers are trying to shut this story down.

Rangers is now aware of an incident that happened at Rangers? Presumably as the press uncovers more incidents Rangers will become aware of them too.

An individual was briefly employed? For 4 years?!?!

I strongly suspect that Rangers in collusion with the press covered this up 25 years ago, they are compounding that mistake now by not being open and transparent with what they know.

Smith & Souness unavailable for comment?

It feels like Rangers are trying to shut this story down.

Did you not read they reported the matter to the Police ?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    I would also imagine they are under no obligation as an entity to do anything now given it was a different company that employed him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Re-reading the sun stories there's two sources who were both at rangers under neely. As somebody has mentioned above trial by media isn't a great outcome for anyone here, especially when the media seems to have its own agenda.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    The individual was dismissed and the police were informed - reads to me like they told the victims dad, who was in the police.