hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems since the death of Saville the wall of silence has started to be broken down regarding what seems a particularly despicable era in British society.

There was always a belief that Saville himself had dirt on influential and so called important people and was never exposed for that reason. The short length of time between his death and his exposure lends weight to that imo.

Whatever the reasons it's good, for lack of a better word, to see these despicable individuals publicly named and shamed. As said above many got away with their crimes for years by hiding in plain sight with a public image and personality the kept their depravity hidden.
    Its wrong to say that there's been a wall of silence over this.Bennell's been jailed three times.It's in fact been well known but the FA decided to do Sweet FA about it-that's the disgrace.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Its wrong to say that there's been a wall of silence over this.Bennell's been jailed three times.It's in fact been well known but the FA decided to do Sweet FA about it-that's the disgrace.

Good point, overlooked by many (including the BBC).

These are not, as wrongly reported, allegations of abuse. Bennell has been jailed both here and in the USA - although there's a good argument that he should have been jailed for longer.

Police Scotland now investigating allegations.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-...x-abuse-calls/

Reading this article http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38157253 made me feel that these guys coming forward are absolute heroes that will hopefully help others to feel more comfortable coming forward to report abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Police Scotland now investigating allegations.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-...x-abuse-calls/
    If I were a certain ex-Rangers (1872-2012) captain, I'd be absolutely bricking it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    If I were a certain ex-Rangers (1872-2012) captain, I'd be absolutely bricking it.
    Is that the inside info? I was told that the Daily Record had the story at the time but were paid off so it wasn't printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Is that the inside info? I was told that the Daily Record had the story at the time but were paid off so it wasn't printed.
    Everyone had the story. One lad's parents were paid off, and for added measure, were threatened by RFC.

@hibs.net private member
    Everyone had the story. One lad's parents were paid off, and for added measure, were threatened by RFC.
    Hopefully comes out soon then.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Thats just amazing, and shows how frightened the written media in Scotland are of this lot.

Surely to god this will come out now, it must be a lot easier to leak this kind of news anonymously these days?

@hibs.net private member
    Did Rangers pay the papers off or was it a super injunction?

Hopefully comes out soon then.
    Well, we'd need the trainee footballer/s concerned to make an official complaint, otherwise nothing will happen.

Would be ironic in the extreme if RFC found themselves at the centre of an investigation for noncing, after their decades of taunting Celtc for the same.

@hibs.net private member
    Well, we'd need the trainee footballer/s concerned to make an official complaint, otherwise nothing will happen.

Would be ironic in the extreme if RFC found themselves at the centre of an investigation for noncing, after their decades of taunting Celtc for the same.
    Big Walt knew...

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thats just amazing, and shows how frightened the written media in Scotland are of this lot.

Surely to god this will come out now, it must be a lot easier to leak this kind of news anonymously these days?
    Like I say - no complaint, no action. It's obviously a personal choice for the individual/s involved. I know the very disturbing details of one particular trainee who was sexually abused by a Rangers 'legend', apparently there was more than one person abused.

Did Rangers pay the papers off or was it a super injunction?
    I don't think you can get a super-injunction to gag the press from reporting on a serious sexual crime, but I'm no lawyer.
    Last edited by magpie1892; 30-11-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Guys just a friendly warning that absolutely no names are to be posted on here regardless of how sure you are of the truth of the story.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Guys just a friendly warning that absolutely no names are to be posted on here regardless of how sure you are of the truth of the story.
    I certainly won't do that.

We're obviously all talking about the same person anyhow - hence the lack of enquiry as to the identity of the individual.

@hibs.net private member

Its entirely possible that alleged abusers were themselves abused...................................

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought I couldn't hate them any more but this just makes sick to the stomach, but being a football mictocosm of the Scottish establishment, it doesn't surprise me. Let's hope any criminal proceedings aren't presided over by certain judges with wistful memories of their pubic school days. Heavy sentences and justice against Scottish football figures required for the sake of the victims and their families. I hope some have the courage to come forward and police bring charges against perpetrators and those trying to pervert course of justice. Not holding my breath though.

Am I the only one thinking Scottish football is in the doldrums because we have put up with this rotten, criminal entity for too long. To hell with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Its entirely possible that alleged abusers were themselves abused...................................

I think it's often said to be the most common reason someone abuses kids.

Obviously lots of pretty shocking stuff is coming to light, but in this febrile atmosphere it's worth remembering that some of these guys will have had pretty f***** up childhoods themselves.

First Team Breakthrough biggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: biggie1875
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

I think it's often said to be the most common reason someone abuses kids.

Obviously lots of pretty shocking stuff is coming to light, but in this febrile atmosphere it's worth remembering that some of these guys will have had pretty f***** up childhoods themselves.
    Regardless of the rough upbringing if you were abused as a child the last thing you would do / want to do is inflict the same pain and suffering on some other poor kid 😰

Quote Originally Posted by biggie1875 View Post
    Regardless of the rough upbringing if you were abused as a child the last thing you would do / want to do is inflict the same pain and suffering on some other poor kid 😰

I think it's a lot more messed up than that.

But yes, obviously it is horrendous that such a thing can happen.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biggie1875 View Post
    The evidence is there to show that almost all abusers suffered abuse themselves. That doesn't mean all abused kids go on to become abusers otherwise there would be way more abusers out there. It's actually a really interesting part of psychology and can be extended to other groups like serial killers, almost all of whom have a history of either or both physical and sexual abuse in their childhood.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Can I be the first to say gonnae no dae that.

350 victims have came forward in England, tip of the iceberg.

I see Chelsea are now gonna be subject to an historical case.

Wonder if The Rangers will choose to throw in some 'songs' for them - like they do for Celtic?

Hmmm......

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    One of my favorite games ever was being behind the goals in the pishing rain when we beat England 1-0 at Hampden, not so much now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    One of my favorite games ever was being behind the goals in the pishing rain when we beat England 1-0 at Hampden, not so much now.
    *Cough*

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...ays-ex-player/

I'm sure he'll be known to some on here.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08