hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didnt, i couldnt see it on my planner? Can we see it on iplayer yet?
    there you go mate
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...beautiful-game

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    Blackpool - did u watch the programme?

Powerful stuff indeed. Would be interested in your comments once you watch it.
    Just watched the part about Neely, and i'm astounded that John Blackley knew, which does make you believe Kenny Waugh would know too.

This is a game changer for me and what i now think, although the Souness book does confirm what i thought at the time about him being poached?

I still 100% think he was not sacked by Hibs, which in itself is a scandal on its own?

Just watched the part about Neely, and i'm astounded that John Blackley knew, which does make you believe Kenny Waugh would know too.

This is a game changer for me and what i now think, although the Souness book does confirm what i thought at the time about him being poached?

I still 100% think he was not sacked by Hibs, which in itself is a scandal on its own?
    Yes - it backs up what we all talked about back then (that Neely was sacked by Hibs).

Listen, I knew Neely well and played alongside Jonny Cleland. Had no idea that Jonny was abused. It's so sad and nobody comes out well from this.

Its a shame that some more higher profile victims can't (yet) bring themselves to come forward.

Lots more to come I suspect.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Yes - it backs up what we all talked about back then (that Neely was sacked by Hibs).

Listen, I knew Neely well and played alongside Jonny Cleland. Had no idea that Jonny was abused. It's so sad and nobody comes out well from this.

Its a shame that some more higher profile victims can't (yet) bring themselves to come forward.

Lots more to come I suspect.
    That was a shocking programme, and Neely was a predator who should have been outed by the club, who clearly knew he was a paedophile.

What i'm uncomfortable with still, is i dont believe he was sacked, its not how i remember it, and someone else further back also said how he was given stick for LEAVING to join the huns, and also that book by Souness.

Throw in no record of us terminating his contract, and i come to the conclusion something smells really bad about this, and our former chairman and manager do not come out of this very well at all?

Left by mutual consent!
    Shameful.

Rangers appear to have covered up the Neely incident by purporting to have contacted the police when they got wind of his actions. After an FOI request, Police Scotland weren't able to establish if he was indeed reported to them by RFC.
    You have to ask, why?

I remember going to Dalguise in the early 80s when Neely was there (Hutchy Vale). I've got vague recollections of midnight "ghost walks" in the castle grounds and the lads being told it would be ok to stay in his room if we were scared, fortunately I didnae bother and cannae remember any talk of dodginess going on, though we were only about 10 or 11 at the time.

That was a shocking programme, and Neely was a predator who should have been outed by the club, who clearly knew he was a paedophile.

What i'm uncomfortable with still, is i dont believe he was sacked, its not how i remember it, and someone else further back also said how he was given stick for LEAVING to join the huns, and also that book by Souness.

Throw in no record of us terminating his contract, and i come to the conclusion something smells really bad about this, and our former chairman and manager do not come out of this very well at all?
    Yes, nobody comes out of it well. All I can comment on is that back then it was widely discussed and accepted that Neely had been sacked by Hibs.

On the back of last night's programme lets hope that more victims (maybe higher profile ones dare I say) feel more safe to come forward..........I would forgive them if they didn't and took it to the grave.

Harry Dunn (allegedly of course ) is the abuser that the BBC could not name last night (he has recently been arrested). That's another massive can of worms........sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I remember going to Dalguise in the early 80s when Neely was there (Hutchy Vale). I've got vague recollections of midnight "ghost walks" in the castle grounds and the lads being told it would be ok to stay in his room if we were scared, fortunately I didnae bother and cannae remember any talk of dodginess going on, though we were only about 10 or 11 at the time.
    Yes, ghost walks "up the hill" where they actually created ghosts that you could see and hear.

I know it sounds crazy but it happened.

P.S This of course means that Neely didn't act alone.

This of course means that Neely didn't act alone.
    Thats my main concern, not sure I want to watch last nights programme to be honest.

First Team Breakthrough Conrad Gray's Avatar
    I just watched the programme and it was difficult viewing. I get the impression this was just an introduction and there will be more programmes with other revalations to come. Hopefully these vile predators will be fully exposed and dealt with by the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Thats my main concern, not sure I want to watch last nights programme to be honest.
    It is a hard watch and you know by the way the Hibs guy and Levi from the highlands speak that it happened. Paedophiles envagled themselves into positions where they could abuse kids and the football coach was an especially nasty one where they took advantage of the desperation young boys to be footballers. I really felt for the two guys above. Their hurt as middle aged men was still very much apparent. A dreadful era when paedophiles were able to easily operate.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Well done to the victims for speaking out, but that programme could have been 20 minutes shorter if it wasn't for Mark Daly's need to be on camera so much speaking. In that. Daft staccato. Way. That Raman Bhardwaj also. Does. Which is. Very. Annoying.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Just watched the iplayer link. That was absolutely horrific and the longer it went on, the more angry I became.
    Proud but heartbroken for those that were the victims and have now spoken out.

It was very brave of the guys who came forward in the programme, they deserve the fullest respect ...... the pieces of **** responsible for their abuse not only ruined their lives as kids, but probably killed off the possibility of more than one successful football career as well.

I still don't have much time for Ray Hepburn either, who the hell covers up knowledge of child abuse in order to protect a friendship, especially when that friend isn't even the abuser? ...... a poor excuse for a journalist and a human being if you ask me. If Hibs were aware of Neely's actions, which clearly appears to be the case if two separate sets of parents complained to the club, then there can be no excuses for their failure to contact the police at the time ..... I've heard some folk say, it was different in those days, well screw that, it was the 1980s not the bloody 1880s.

At best this appears to be a situation that Hibs handled extremely badly, thank **** none of the people involved are around the club now.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It was very brave of the guys who came forward in the programme, they deserve the fullest respect ...... the pieces of **** responsible for their abuse not only ruined their lives as kids, but probably killed off the possibility of more than one successful football career as well.

I still don't have much time for Ray Hepburn either, who the hell covers up knowledge of child abuse in order to protect a friendship, especially when that friend isn't even the abuser? ...... a poor excuse for a journalist and a human being if you ask me. If Hibs were aware of Neely's actions, which clearly appears to be the case if two separate sets of parents complained to the club, then there can be no excuses for their failure to contact the police at the time ..... I've heard some folk say, it was different in those days, well screw that, it was the 1980s not the bloody 1880s.

At best this appears to be a situation that Hibs handled extremely badly, thank **** none of the people involved are around the club now.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Well done to the victims for speaking out, but that programme could have been 20 minutes shorter if it wasn't for Mark Daly's need to be on camera so much speaking. In that. Daft staccato. Way. That Raman Bhardwaj also. Does. Which is. Very. Annoying.
    I blame Robert.

Peston.
    He seemed to ME to be the VERY first to do.
    This.