hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875

*Netflix* Making a Murderer

Has anyone watched this docu series on Netflix? I've recently finished binging on it, not the most festive viewing but I couldn't stop watching its incredible on many different levels! now it's done I can't stop thinking about it was looking for other people's opinions on it

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    I didn't know anything about it until I read this:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/13243...y-say-they-can

Sounds interesting so might try and watch it if I can find the time over New Year.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I posted about it on the PM board the other day, I've watched the first 4 episodes, it's excellent.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I posted about it on the PM board the other day, I've watched the first 4 episodes, it's excellent.
    It really is, I won't say much on it as I'm not wanting to ruin it for you be interested to hear ur thoughts at the end though

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Narcos also a good watch on Netflix

I spent the first couple of episodes thinking it was a made for TV series. Watching it I can't believe it actually happened , some of the interviews with Brendan Avery who has a mental age of about 10 are shocking.

I would say it's the best viewing on TV since the Sopranos.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    I spent the first couple of episodes thinking it was a made for TV series. Watching it I can't believe it actually happened , some of the interviews with Brendan Avery who has a mental age of about 10 are shocking.

I would say it's the best viewing on TV since the Sopranos.
    Totally agree I found it pretty hard to watch and even harder to beleive what was allowed to happen to Brendan Avery

Just brilliant watched the whole ten episodes in a oner. Highly recommended.

SPOILERS AHEAD....

Also binged this over the weekend. Don't know where to start - I can't get over the press conference that the prosecution were allowed to hold and put "Brendan's story" out there. Mind boggling!

Also since read the jury included the father of a Manitowoc sheriff deputy, aswell as the wife of a council clerk. Is it any wonder they failed to return a fair verdict...

Think there are petitions out there to free Steve Avery rapidly heading for 150-200 thousand signatures. Doubt it will make any difference of course.

Never felt so angry watching TV. The 2 main investigators are total pieces of ****, how can they sleep at night taking this kids life from him, and for what?

A scary world at times!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    SPOILERS AHEAD....

Also binged this over the weekend. Don't know where to start - I can't get over the press conference that the prosecution were allowed to hold and put "Brendan's story" out there. Mind boggling!

Also since read the jury included the father of a Manitowoc sheriff deputy, aswell as the wife of a council clerk. Is it any wonder they failed to return a fair verdict...

Think there are petitions out there to free Steve Avery rapidly heading for 150-200 thousand signatures. Doubt it will make any difference of course.

Never felt so angry watching TV. The 2 main investigators are total pieces of ****, how can they sleep at night taking this kids life from him, and for what?

A scary world at times!
    **SPOILERS**

Couldnt beleive that after Bredans lawyer was thrown out for allowing that classroom interview to happen without him having anybody present they allowed the actual statement to stand from that day it was madness.

also the thing that got me the most confused was in stevens trial, after the jury member was allowed to leave for personnal reasons he had 3 choices, miss trial, stay with 11 jury memebers or add another member, and he went for adding another! now they must have been massively confident of getting the verdict why would his lawyers allow someone new to join the jury in a case they seemed convinced was a cover up and police conspiracy case? also they said before the new jurior was added it was 7 for not guillty 3 for guilty and 2 undecided, in 24hrs after the new guy was introduced it was swung to guillty, big error there i think.

it was a great watch but its left me a bit miffed that something like that could actually happen to someone

On episode 5. Absolutely incredible film making and utterly disturbing story... So far!! Will watch the rest tomorrow.

I've watched it twice already, unbelievable story, really harrowing and leaves you with a very bitter taste.

Just watched all ten episodes in two days - fascinating from the start and a real insight into the US justice system.

I'm not sure why Steven's defence couldn't call Brendan as a witness - that would have blown the whole case apart?

I'm assuming there won't be a second series.

Half way through episode 4.

Thus far there is no doubt the 1st case was farcical. I'm undecided on the murder as of yet but I'm sure there's more to come which will make me see why everyone is so convinced he's innocent.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Just finished it. Brilliant piece of to. Now off to find more info as I've no doubt the doc was one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    Just watched all ten episodes in two days - fascinating from the start and a real insight into the US justice system.

I'm not sure why Steven's defence couldn't call Brendan as a witness - that would have blown the whole case apart?

I'm assuming there won't be a second series.
    In what way would it blow the case apart? Remember that the prosecution basically abandoned that story during Averys trial ...they didn't claim Dassey was involved. In closing the prosecutor said one man was responsible. Which made it so ridiculous that they could then go on and use a different story during Dasseys trial for a different jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Just finished it. Brilliant piece of to. Now off to find more info as I've no doubt the doc was one sided.
    If you're on Twitter it's worth looking at some of the links on Rolling Stone page. Plus one of the film-makers Moira Demos and Avery's lawyer Jerry Buting.

I have read a ton of stories in the past 10 days. The prosecutor Ken Kratz claimed lots of important evidence was left out of the doc. Avery buying leg shackles, ex prison cell mates claiming he talked about rape and murder while in jail, sweat DNA on the car hood, Avery previously asking for Halbach that day.

Having read all this and defence responses, I still there is massive doubt as to Avery's guilt. No fair jury could find him guilty. Unsurprising then, that it transpires one juror said they changed their view as they felt their safety was threatened. One juror was a volunteer for the Sheriff dept and his son was a deputy at the time of trial. That the defends knew this but still didn't deem this person worthy of inclusion on their 6 "blackball" candidates, shows what they were up against

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    In what way would it blow the case apart? Remember that the prosecution basically abandoned that story during Averys trial ...they didn't claim Dassey was involved. In closing the prosecutor said one man was responsible. Which made it so ridiculous that they could then go on and use a different story during Dasseys trial for a different jury.
    The general perception was that the Dassey story was common knowledge to all and that they had to slowly drip feed an alternative story to the jurors to cast doubt on it.

If they had Dassey testify could they not have rubbished his version of events by pointing out the lack of DNA in the trailer to begin with.

The prosecution only abandoned it because they could see all the holes in the story.

I agree that the second trial going ahead was unbelievable - never mind the subsequent outcome.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Just watching this niw, about halfway through and absolutely gripped by it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Watching this with the Mrs and each episode lasts about 2 hours because we keep pausing to discuss every new twist. Great conversation creator and mind bogglingly scary.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    My wife and I are on episode three now and have twisted and turned a few times in our own opinion.

I'm still with 'Occam's Razor' for the time being but it'll be interesting to see the narrative of a conspiracy undoubtedly emerge!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I think it was the first three episodes I watched and I haven't been back to it.

I don't know but it just seems like the sort of program that should be condensed into one hour and shown on channel five.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I think it was the first three episodes I watched and I haven't been back to it.

I don't know but it just seems like the sort of program that should be condensed into one hour and shown on channel five.
    The story moves in quite different directions from episode 4 ...it is worth keeping at. You'll be surprised at some of it

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar

You're in luck
    http://www.thewrap.com/making-a-murderer-5-things-we-learned-from-ids-steven-avery-special/

Testimonial Due

It took a while to really get going, I remember asking what all the fuss was about after the first couple of episodes. It starts getting really interesting when the trial starts, so definitely worth sticking with it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I don't think it took a while to get interesting, as such, but the end of the 4th episode was brilliant.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don't think it took a while to get interesting, as such, but the end of the 4th episode was brilliant.
    I agree with this. I really enjoyed it, and was caught up in it properly at the end of the second one. If the day was long enough I'd have gone through them all in one sitting!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    The more I watch the more I'm convinced that the prosecutor Kratz is himself a serial killer. There's something unhinged and creepy about that guy. Also I can't look at Dassey's lawyer without thinking about Rick Moranis.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Got there last night and was genuinely aghast.

It's like the plot of a Columbo story - it's so utterly unbelievable that it would be enjoyable if it wasn't so tragically real!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Love stuff like this.

I recommend Paradise Lost.