hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    If it was merely incompetence, we would witness just as many shockers going against the opposition. That almost never seems to be the case. Their "incompetence" is to our disadvantage 90% of the time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think anyone has blamed the ref. There are threads discussing our flaws already, we can also criticise a ref who was ****ing awful.
    The ref is fair game if he has been f***ing awful, do you think he cheated today and there is a conspiracy by all refs against Hibs ? If so he has a funny way of showing it by red carding an opposing player to give us a advantage, did the ref aid there goal.

We really can't think the world is against us because we beat the new club in the final, and the refs are going to make us pay for that day in May.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Which makes it all the more questionable, imho.
    Yep. Couldn't believe Baird not getting one, Miller on a booking blocking Hibs playing a free kick which should have been second yellow, Hippolyte standing 3 yards away from free kick and not moving. All stick on yellows. Not incompetent but bent.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I was convinced Scottish refs were just poor but I honestly think they are doing all they can to keep us down. Every week is the same now it's way beyond a joke. That was a shocking performance today from Beaton I wouldn't let him ref an under 10's game never mind our games.

Beating the Huns really has upset a lot of people in the game it seems and not just the media.
    I've read a lot of your posts over the years and not really many I've disagreed with, are you drunk tonight or is this a serious question.

We failed to score against 10 men, pishy Falkirk side who have taken several doings this season. Comes down to teams raising their games against the big guns. That's who we are this season, players raising their game hoping to catch the eye that they can play at a better side.

Referees are scrutinised to the nth degree by media, social media and SFA. No real hiding place if the were cheating.

As fans of our club, its us that's been cheated for years. Slowly getting back onto a sure footing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    The ref is fair game if he has been f***ing awful, do you think he cheated today and there is a conspiracy by all refs against Hibs ? If so he has a funny way of showing it by red carding an opposing player to give us a advantage, did the ref aid there goal.

We really can't think the world is against us because we beat the new club in the final, and the refs are going to make us pay for that day in May.
    There are challenges where referees can choose whether to send a player off or not. Then there are challenges where the referee doesn't really have any choice in the matter, as much as it may pain them to do it.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    In my opinion the SFA, and the Referees that they indoctrinate are the reason why Scottish Football is a joke. We pay a lot of money hoping to see decent flowing foootball, but the people who run the game seem to be quite happy to allow teams/players to kick lumps out of anyone who displays any bit of skilll.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I've read a lot of your posts over the years and not really many I've disagreed with, are you drunk tonight or is this a serious question.

We failed to score against 10 men, pishy Falkirk side who have taken several doings this season. Comes down to teams raising their games against the big guns. That's who we are this season, players raising their game hoping to catch the eye that they can play at a better side.

Referees are scrutinised to the nth degree by media, social media and SFA. No real hiding place if the were cheating.

As fans of our club, its us that's been cheated for years. Slowly getting back onto a sure footing.
    I wish I was drunk!

No it's a serious question. Again this isn't because we didn't win because we have won many games yet the ref has again been shocking. It's not following the rules of the game that is worrying me. Looking back to previous games where one in particular stands out. Didn't we have 3 fouls all committed I think by Lewis while the other team had something like 13 and Lewis was booked then sent off.

It's crazy how refs seem card happy against us but not so much for who we play no matter what they are doing!

Yeah totally, but I'm not blaming the result on him. I'm asking why blatant yellows weren't dished out? It's the rules of the game if someone runs to the crowd or kicks the ball away or even some of the tackles going in.
    Sorry to say TC but there is no conspiracy against us by refs, believe me they are just poor officials simple as that, I remember a certain Rangers player who when scored liked nothing more than go support with his fans and very seldom get booked for it, a wee example would be, the ref sent of a Falkirk player today, plenty folk saying, " he will even that up shortly by red carding a Hibs player" it never happened and he could have if he wanted to, they aren't against Hibs, we simply didn't score enough goals today, we have previous for this, to many chances but not enough taken.

Enjoy the hangover..

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    No, paranoia without looking at the bigger picture. Every club thinks it's them vs the world.

In what way do you mean cheating, brown envelopes, match fixing, or just cheating against Hibs, can't see it, they really are just poor, simple as that, we have moaned about going down to 10 men and got the through games, today the other team went down to 10 men and we couldn't get the right result, that isn't the refs fault, refs aren't just poor at ER, they are poor at all games in Scotland, not as if they are blocking shots or stuff like that. we just need to take our chances and win games and we won't be speaking about the referees.
    Just that they are doing there best to make it very hard for us. Honestly Silver since we beat the Huns it's got worse, I'm totally convinced something isn't right when refs get our games. Can't be every single ref is bad!!

Sorry to say TC but there is no conspiracy against us by refs, believe me they are just poor officials simple as that, I remember a certain Rangers player who when scored liked nothing more than go support with his fans and very seldom get booked for it, a wee example would be, the ref sent of a Falkirk player today, plenty folk saying, " he will even that up shortly by red carding a Hibs player" it never happened and he could have if he wanted to, they aren't against Hibs, we simply didn't score enough goals today, we have previous for this, to many chances but not enough taken.

Enjoy the hangover..
    As I say maybe is just me mate, what's worse is I've not had one drink today!! 😫

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    You need to stop and think about it a bit more, you really haven't thought it through at all.

If you merely scratch the surface it's bleeding obvious that they are not cheats.

Email Leanne Dempster and ask her about it. 100% guaranteed she will say that refs in this country act with integrity.

This thread is a nightmare. Every time we have a bad result some folk turn to the comfort blanket of accusations of cheating and corruption.

If what you say is true then they could easily make us lose every single match. According to some they are under no scrutiny, face no consequences and are part of a wider conspiracy. Fine. Whats stopping them?

Why did we get a corner in the 92nd minute at Hampden - they could have given a goal kick.

Why did they allow David Grey's goal - they could have disallowed for shoving in the box or anything else.

Why didn't they send Stokes off for... being Stokes

They can do whatever they want right?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    As I say maybe is just me mate, what's worse is I've not had one drink today!! 😫
    It's not just you, TC.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You need to stop and think about it a bit more, you really haven't thought it through at all.

If you merely scratch the surface it's bleeding obvious that they are not cheats.

Email Leanne Dempster and ask her about it. 100% guaranteed she will say that refs in this country act with integrity.

This thread is a nightmare. Every time we have a bad result some folk turn to the comfort blanket of accusations of cheating and corruption.

If what you say is true then they could easily make us lose every single match. According to some they are under no scrutiny, face no consequences and are part of a wider conspiracy. Fine. Whats stopping them?

Why did we get a corner in the 92nd minute at Hampden - they could have given a goal kick.

Why did they allow David Grey's goal - they could have disallowed for shoving in the box or anything else.

Not sure how many times I have to say this.. I'm not blaming him for the result. Read my posts again if you have trouble understanding this. I'm saying today along with almost every game this season the refs seem to ignore the simple things like booking a player for leaving the pitch or kicking the ball away or time wasting. Yet when it's us we are punished.

Maybe I'm wrong but maybe you are naive? Oh and do you honestly think LD could or would say a ref is cheating whether she thinks he is or not she couldn't say.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 12-11-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Gamer IDs

I've read what you posted and can't get my head around the fact you actually believe this stuff.

I get it if at the match you shout out cheat at a dodgy decision or on the match day thread in the heat of the moment. But when you step back and start to question it it just doesn't hold up.

The simple question would be why Hibs?? There are how many top level refs in Scotland 10 - 20 i'd imagine. They all somehow have it in for us?? Why oh why would that be the case? Please don't say it's cause we won the cup!

Anyways, as always, I've said too much on the subject. I just don't see why any of you bother watching football if you think the game is bent.

That's not really true is it.

Most people are basing it on what their eyes are telling their brain.

They're seeing rank rotten inconsistent incompetent or bent refereeing decisions regularly.

Most people can take defeat when they have been beaten by the better team or held to a draw by a team that digs in but not when the refereeing is consistently so very poor. It's bound to get people irate.
    Last edited by northstandhibby; 12-11-2016 at 10:30 PM.

I've read what you posted and can't get my head around the fact you actually believe this stuff.

I get it if at the match you shout out cheat at a dodgy decision or on the match day thread in the heat of the moment. But when you step back and start to question it it just doesn't hold up.

The simple question would be why Hibs?? There are how many top level refs in Scotland 10 - 20 i'd imagine. They all somehow have it in for us?? Why oh why would that be the case? Please don't say it's cause we won the cup!

Anyways, as always, I've said too much on the subject. I just don't see why any of you bother watching football if you think the game is bent.
    Funny who would have thought top officials are bent when the top of our game have just been done for being bent. If you honestly think officials up and down the country are 100% honest then you bash on.

First Team Breakthrough
    Refs can get it wrong, we all know that but, its was our poor performance in front of goal that has denied us all three points. Pretty much that simple to be honest. All you have to do is look at the stats, it says it all.

Bash on? What you on about?

I'm happy watching my team and Scottish football in general and yeah, call me naive or anything else you like but I think the game up here is straight.

Quote Originally Posted by fulshie View Post
    Refs can get it wrong, we all know that but, its was our poor performance in front of goal that has denied us all three points. Pretty much that simple to be honest. All you have to do is look at the stats, it says it all.
    Again I can't see anyone blaming him for the result. It's about why he isn't doing his job right. Hibs could win 10-0 but if he had the same performance as he did today I'd have still started the thread.

Bash on? What you on about?

I'm happy watching my team and Scottish football in general and yeah, call me naive or anything else you like but I think the game up here is straight.
    That's fair enough, I don't! We will agree to disagree!

Gamer IDs

I just don't understand how anyone can really believe this. So, what's the explanation for every other team then? Because you can rest assured, almost every SPL/Championship club has this absurd idea that the referees are out to get them.

Is it a case of they're wrong and we're right? Hibs are the true victims? I highly doubt it.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    I just don't understand how anyone can really believe this. So, what's the explanation for every other team then? Because you can rest assured, almost every SPL/Championship club has this absurd idea that the referees are out to get them.

Is it a case of they're wrong and we're right? Hibs are the true victims? I highly doubt it.
    You're correct

On kickback there are threads about referees and Beaton is top of the list for incompetence - even beating Willie Collum, which is pretty remarkable given how bad we have fared at Collum's hands

Just that they are doing there best to make it very hard for us. Honestly Silver since we beat the Huns it's got worse, I'm totally convinced something isn't right when refs get our games. Can't be every single ref is bad!!
    If there was something in it then Taiwo would only have seen yellow for today's tackle, if he was cheating (the ref) he would never have gave a red and put us at a advantage early in the game by putting the opposition team down to 10 men, or is this a sick perverse cheating , and yet we couldn't take advantage of that and take the lead, instead the 10 men get the 1st goal, see these refs, sick sick f****** that they are.

Refs were just as bad before we beat them in May, and there is no conspiracy against Hibs by referees, that's just silly talk, in fact I will now add to the conspiracy and say ref decisions have got worse since Lennon joined the club.

Maybe you should have a bevy.

And a smoke. And a pancake.

Haha I'll have one now.

Again I can't see anyone blaming him for the result. It's about why he isn't doing his job right. Hibs could win 10-0 but if he had the same performance as he did today I'd have still started the thread.
    I'm worried for you.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fault with our referees is a 50-50 split - 50% are bent and the other 50% are just totally incompetent.