hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I left the game today raging at our pish poor performance. I thought the ref wasn't great, but I don't think he made a difference to the result.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's beside the point. It's not the officials fault that we cannot score enough goals to win a game.
    I don't think anyone has blamed the ref. There are threads discussing our flaws already, we can also criticise a ref who was ****ing awful.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don't think anyone has blamed the ref. There are threads discussing our flaws already, we can also criticise a ref who was ****ing awful.
    The ref was awful I fundamentally agree here but it's not his fault that our players were giving the ball away for most of the game or we allowed John Baird to peel off his marker and hook the ball home.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    The ref was awful I fundamentally agree here but it's not his fault that our players were giving the ball away for most of the game or we allowed John Baird to peel off his marker and hook the ball home.
    Baird should have been sent off before half time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    See this is what I used to think, but FFS enough is enough. It's every week now and when watching other Scottish games the refs are never this bad.

Hermit I'm not one thinking the world is against us but questions surely must be getting asked.
    I'm afraid they are that bad Cat. Last weekend one team was awarded a goal for a ball which didn't cross the line, another team wasn't awarded a goal when it did cross the line. In another game both managers agreed the other team should have had a penalty. It happens every week, the problem is there's no accountability. Alan Muir was the official on the line when Celtc didn't get the blatant pen in the semi vs ICT. There was no punishment for Muir & he survived to miss a Falkirk player walk out the box with the ball under his arm! And can posters please stop going on about the refs in this division. It's nothing to do with that, Beaton is supposedly one of our top refs & he'll be reffing in the top league more often than not.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I was there. I don't go to football to watch refs dish out yellows for tackles that are hard but fair, I'm not even convinced Taiwos was a red if I'm honest. Looked a 50/50 from where I was.
    Of course it was a 50/50... but a 2 footed challenge is a 2 footed challenge, he was not in control of his body and had he caught our player badly then it could have been a damaging challenge!

McGregor's challenge was hard but fair, so yes I agree none of us go to see the yellow being dished out for contact sport that is fair.... but the red was a red plain and simple.

I don't think the refs are cheating... it would be just disgusting were it true, but I really don't think they are poor on purpose.... they are just awful at their job.... the assistants too, this season I have consistently seen the assistants waiting to be told which way the throw ins are going by the ref... even when they are standing right next to the action... poor offside decisions are happening all the time too..: not only for hibs but against hibs too.

The standards are just terrible and unfortunately as hibs tend to be on the receiving end of overly physical behaviour from highly defensive setups I just seem to feel like there is a conspiracy against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Cmon, if we'd taken our chances we would have won that match 4 or 5-1. Fact is we didn't.
    Yeah totally, but I'm not blaming the result on him. I'm asking why blatant yellows weren't dished out? It's the rules of the game if someone runs to the crowd or kicks the ball away or even some of the tackles going in.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I left the game today raging at our pish poor performance. I thought the ref wasn't great, but I don't think he made a difference to the result.
    I think you along with others may have missed my point. I'm not blaming him for us not winning I'm asking is he cheating by not folllowing the rules of the game. It's every week even when we win.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    There was a similar discussion a few weeks ago....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...lan-Muir/page5

Don't want to bore everyone with my thoughts again but you'll get my drift from that link.
    I just feel something isn't right here and with the amount of corruption in football why should we think Scotland is different? Happens in England with back handers etc.. Maybe we are naive and happy to turn a blind eye.

Or maybe it is just me!! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm afraid they are that bad Cat. Last weekend one team was awarded a goal for a ball which didn't cross the line, another team wasn't awarded a goal when it did cross the line. In another game both managers agreed the other team should have had a penalty. It happens every week, the problem is there's no accountability. Alan Muir was the official on the line when Celtc didn't get the blatant pen in the semi vs ICT. There was no punishment for Muir & he survived to miss a Falkirk player walk out the box with the ball under his arm! And can posters please stop going on about the refs in this division. It's nothing to do with that, Beaton is supposedly one of our top refs & he'll be reffing in the top league more often than not.
    Fully agree that if they are going unpunished then how will poor refs learn?

@hibs.net private member
    All of you that are of the mind that we only have ourselves to blame are very naive... the rules of the game are there to give advantage to teams that play fairly and punish those who do not.

When one team plays unfairly or unsportsmanlike consistently throughout the game and are not punished then the other side cannot shoulder the entirety of the blame.... free kicks give teams an advantage, yellow cards give teams an advantage as the offending player has to be careful and this can cause mistakes, penalties give an advantage.... Hibs lacked any advantage today and yes while we could do better... some advantage applied could have turned that game.

The ref is to blame for the lack of advantage.

Instead as usual we face teams who park the bus... We played some fantastic football at times today that when we got close to the box found ourselves running out of space... not once would I accuse Hibs of trying to walk the ball into the net but we are not always going to score wonder goals from outside the box.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah totally, but I'm not blaming the result on him. I'm asking why blatant yellows weren't dished out? It's the rules of the game if someone runs to the crowd or kicks the ball away or even some of the tackles going in.
    Correct. Cummings got sent off in the derby at Easter Road, one yellow for a celebration calmer than Falkirk's, and one booking for kicking the ball away.

How many yellows did Oxley get for time wasting?

One rule for Hibs...

Correct. Cummings got sent off in the derby at Easter Road, one yellow for a celebration calmer than Falkirk's, and one booking for kicking the ball away.

One rule for Hibs...
    Yep, Oxley was done many times, how their keeper wasn't booked is exactly why I thought it's blatant cheating. Maybe it is just me but it's funny how it's happening every w'end win, lose or draw Matty.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Just because people are paranoid doesn't mean that what they're paranoid about isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    All of you that are of the mind that we only have ourselves to blame are very naive... the rules of the game are there to give advantage to teams that play fairly and punish those who do not.

When one team plays unfairly or unsportsmanlike consistently throughout the game and are not punished then the other side cannot shoulder the entirety of the blame.... free kicks give teams an advantage, yellow cards give teams an advantage as the offending player has to be careful and this can cause mistakes, penalties give an advantage.... Hibs lacked any advantage today and yes while we could do better... some advantage applied could have turned that game.

The ref is to blame for the lack of advantage.

Instead as usual we face teams who park the bus... We played some fantastic football at times today that when we got close to the box found ourselves running out of space... not once would I accuse Hibs of trying to walk the ball into the net but we are not always going to score wonder goals from outside the box.
    100% this. 👍🏼

That's right. Referees turning a blind eye to breaches of the rules, and consciously deciding to not apply those rules fairly and properly, cannot simply be swept under the carpet, again and again, as incompetence. If it is, they shouldn't be refereeing at this level.

To me, there has to be another reason other than the usual excuse of "incompetence".
    Last edited by emerald green; 13-11-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yep, Oxley was done many times, how their keeper wasn't booked is exactly why I thought it's blatant cheating. Maybe it is just me but it's funny how it's happening every w'end win, lose or draw Matty.
    I was discussing this with my mate last week. It's all the time with us. Imagine if Celtc or The Rangers were on the end of the decisions we get against us all the time?!

If it wasn't biased, where are the big decisions that go in our favour? Last one I can remember is Hanlon getting awarded a goal against Dunfermline when the ball didn't cross there line. We were two or three up at the time in the final couple of minutes.

Where are the other big calls that have evened up the massive calls against us?

If it's just incompetence then we'd have a few to thank the ref for, no?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Not cheating but woefully inconsistent. What will be a foul one week will be play on the next. Linesmen are even worse.

Beaton was bullied by the Falkirk players today. Persistently standing in front of the ball at Hibs free kicks yet no bookings. Goalie wastes time, ref wastes more time telling him to stop time wasting. Baird grabs Hanlon's neck right on front of the linesman, nothing given. Unreal but good refereeing performances are the exception in this league.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Falkirk just wanted to kill the beautiful game of football by any means and the ref helped facilitate that, which was utterly bizzarre.
    Last edited by Booked4Being-Ugly; 12-11-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Referees play their part in denying us points through sheer incompetence mostly, and maybe, just maybe, occasional cheating, but we ourselves are even more guilty of denying ourselves points through habitual failure to convert chances created into goals. Today, again, we dominated the opposition and won countless corners - but we had only one solitary goal to show for our efforts.

Bring back the foreign referees that are without the Hugh Dallas type sectarian baggage.

In saying that we should still have beaten 10 men Falkirk.

@hibs.net private member
    Falkirk dirtier than Hertz and Beaton was the worst performance I've seen in a long long time .... and we've seen some brutal ones

I was convinced Scottish refs were just poor but I honestly think they are doing all they can to keep us down. Every week is the same now it's way beyond a joke. That was a shocking performance today from Beaton I wouldn't let him ref an under 10's game never mind our games.

Beating the Huns really has upset a lot of people in the game it seems and not just the media.
    I've always been convinced they cheat! They are definitely incompetent, but it's more than that!
    From years ago when the bigot brothers used to get really dodgy decisions when things weren't going their way, to now when week after week we suffer at their hands!

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    I don't think they're cheating, I think they're grossly incompetent. Linesmen or assistant referees are worse, waiting to see which way the ref points before making a decision. None of them have the backbone to keep control of games either, pathetic. Whoever it is at the SFA that runs officiating needs to sort it out too, but they won't as they're deliriously happy with the quality of referees in this country.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I think we're on the end of enough bad refereeing performances to feel entitled to ask the question.

Beaton was incredibly bad today, if he's consciously ignoring the rules then when does that stop being incompetent and start becoming cheating?

Why no booking for their celebration? Whichever interpretation on the rules for bookings at celebrating a goal you have, that was a yellow. That's just one of the many bookable incidents he ignored today.
    Agree totally. The bottom line is that is their anyway in the world that he would have dared to give the same performance at either Ibrox or Parkhead. The simple answer is not a chance and if not why not. We are getting shafted by refs IMO.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

One rule for Hibs...
    Ironically exactly the same ref.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I was convinced Scottish refs were just poor but I honestly think they are doing all they can to keep us down. Every week is the same now it's way beyond a joke. That was a shocking performance today from Beaton I wouldn't let him ref an under 10's game never mind our games.

Beating the Huns really has upset a lot of people in the game it seems and not just the media.
    In what way do you mean cheating, brown envelopes, match fixing, or just cheating against Hibs, can't see it, they really are just poor, simple as that, we have moaned about going down to 10 men and got the through games, today the other team went down to 10 men and we couldn't get the right result, that isn't the refs fault, refs aren't just poor at ER, they are poor at all games in Scotland, not as if they are blocking shots or stuff like that. we just need to take our chances and win games and we won't be speaking about the referees.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    What about the time wasting by the Falkirk players and the kicking the ball away at free kicks - I would love to see how long the ball was actually in play today. If he had clamped down on it early and booked a few of them it would have cut it out. Shocking performance by Beaton and it does make you wonder as the OP questioned
    Time wasting is one of these things that happens in football, if I was a Falkirk player after going down to 10 men then I would waste time, every club does it, Oxley had previous for it while at Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Ironically exactly the same ref.
    Which makes it all the more questionable, imho.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    No, they just have no balls. By the laws of the game Baird would have been off and Hippo-lyte would've been booked.