hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why was the one on Boyle at the start not a penalty? It was like it was too obvious.

No idea mate - waiting on one of our refereeing chums to let us know.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    With all the recent incompetence from referees lately (Muir, Beaton et al!), I confidently predicted that Craig Charleston would be appointed to the QOS game. I just checked the SFA website and, guess what, it's him!! A bigger Hun you won;t meet and even worse than the two tubes already mentioned IMHO.
    Well give me that humungous hun anytime. Thought the ref had a decent game today.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    With all the recent incompetence from referees lately (Muir, Beaton et al!), I confidently predicted that Craig Charleston would be appointed to the QOS game. I just checked the SFA website and, guess what, it's him!! A bigger Hun you won;t meet and even worse than the two tubes already mentioned IMHO.
    He's a big Falkirk fan I'm told, not a hun

The ref was good today.

It was quite refreshing to see players getting booked for bookable offences and you got the feeling that if a player committed two then the ref would be prepared to send a man off.

The refereeing this season has been atrocious, and I normally don't like it when people get on refs' backs too much.

I'm happy to overlook the odd 50/50 judgment call that a ref may have got wrong (such as the Boyle penalty which I thought was a decent shout) if he's generally got the game under control, puts his foot down where necessary whilst letting the game flow and playing advantage where he can.

I wonder if the Queens fans think he gave us everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The ref was good today.

It was quite refreshing to see players getting booked for bookable offences and you got the feeling that if a player committed two then the ref would be prepared to send a man off.

The refereeing this season has been atrocious, and I normally don't like it when people get on refs' backs too much.

I'm happy to overlook the odd 50/50 judgment call that a ref may have got wrong (such as the Boyle penalty which I thought was a decent shout) if he's generally got the game under control, puts his foot down where necessary whilst letting the game flow and playing advantage where he can.

I wonder if the Queens fans think he gave us everything?
    Not sure what they thought but here's a decent match report from their official site

http://www.qosfc.com/match-1455

Chuckled when I read that Marciano was 'rooted' for their free kick that hit the post only to see a photo right below that comment with Marciano diving at full stretch
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Smeggin' hell.
    Yep, he had a good game, played advantages well and kept firm control. Just shows you dont know what you are going to get! Chalk and cheese compared with Beaton last week.

Thought the ref was good yesterday. Played advantage in the build up to boyle's goal. He also played advantage a few other times.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Thought the ref was good yesterday. Played advantage in the build up to boyle's goal. He also played advantage a few other times.

Still not sure how it wasn't a foul/penalty when the goalie had a pop at Boyle though?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3LCUiQhME

Just been looking at the 6min highlights of the 1972 League Cup Final (link above).
    Go to 4.30min - Edwards is penalised. For what?
    Go to 5.00min - Ball goes out off a Celtc player - throw to Celtc. WTF?