hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baffled...I just don't see it mate. Can I ask why?? Don't u find it frustrating how he never shoots when on the edge of the box and slows play down everytime we are attacking??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    And yet he shot narrowly past the post from twenty odd yards today and was constantly keeping the ball moving.So I don't find him frustrating at all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Baffled...I just don't see it mate. Can I ask why?? Don't u find it frustrating how he never shoots when on the edge of the box and slows play down everytime we are attacking??

I would disagree that he always slows play down. He's often the one taking the ball from the defenders and carrying it 20 yards or finding a pass. He controls the game and should be the player that allows the likes of mcginn and Shinnie to be more attacking. Yes he could shoot more but he did come close today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    And yet he shot narrowly past the post from twenty odd yards today and was constantly keeping the ball moving.So I don't find him frustrating at all.
    Yes he did have 1 shot but really didn't want to shoot and was in a better position many times and chose not to shoot. I just don't think he offers us enough in an attacking sense when we r coming up against packed defences like today. Clearly something is wrong in the way we set up for home games and I think we need a much bigger goal threat from midfield

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I would disagree that he always slows play down. He's often the one taking the ball from the defenders and carrying it 20 yards or finding a pass. He controls the game and should be the player that allows the likes of mcginn and Shinnie to be more attacking. Yes he could shoot more but he did come close today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All about opinions mate... it's not that I don't like fyvie as a player I just need a greater attacking threat from our midfield in home games...as it's not working for us at ER at present that much is obvious. I do think Lennon will be looking for an attacking midfielder in January

Thought McGinn was outstanding in the first half but not quite as effective in the second . Had a few good shots ( presumably Lennon has ordered midfielders to shoot more as Shinnie and Fyvie shot more than usual too ) . A few bad passes by McGInn but like Shinnie he makes mistakes cause he`s prepared to take responsibility . I thought there were some good passes to forwards today but Holt struggled after a good first half and like a few others seemed a bit lost after substitutions taking out his frustration on teammates like Harris who could have made more of an impact against a packed defence if team had known positions after changes . Boyle seemed to struggle to keep onside and didn`t really make any impact till he moved to left and Falkirk tired - great impact sub or to start against weaker teams in our division but against stronger teams has yet to make an impression . We`re certainly missing Keatings .

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Nowt wrong with McGinns corners today. They went into good areas with pace by and large. Certainly second half. Shinnies on the other hand were floaters mainly overhit.

He has undoubted class. I think it was a small number of really bad passes direct to a Falkirk player later in the game that gave this impression. Maybe he was getting exhausted. One corner he took in particular where he had a hibs player and a Falkirk player each standing 15 yards from the corner flag about 10 yards apart and he seemed to pass directly to the Falkirk guy. He did much more right than wrong but the things he did wrong seemed really odd and out of character so they stuck out more than normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Though his passing was bad today also guilty of holding onto the ball too long at times but he's class, passion, drive, drifts past players. Very lucky to have him, when it's not clicking he doesn't hide just tries harder, our best player by a stretch.

I hate low corners, so often they're a complete waste of time and McGinn certainly hit one or 2 like that, but overall I thought he was an excellent role model for some of the other players with his output and attempts on goal. I've never really been a big fan of Stevenson, but I thought he worked his socks off yesterday, some of his crosses were poor but one or 2 were spot on too. Shinnie was another one who worked really hard yesterday and clearly has a lot of ability, the only thing against him, and it's just my opinion, is that for a relatively big strong laddie he seems a bit lightweight at times. Even though he probably wasn't man of the match, I rate Hanlon as an excellent centre half, so different from 2 or 3 years ago when I never really rated him at all and thought he was totally overrated on here. How wrong was I?

Has to be said McGinn was responsible for 3 or 4 terrible passes yesterday and I'm pretty sure one of them lead to the corner where Falkirk scored. But having said that he was probably our best player as well, he drove the team forward time and again and tried and tried to make something happen, I'll settle for that every day of the week even at the expense of a few bad passes.

The corners though, the bloody corners ... far too many of them were hit to a place where if the last Hibs player at the far post didn't get to the ball it was going out of play .... I said it on another thread, but why oh why don't Hibs have a man lurking just outside the box at the far side from our corners, I've lost count of the number of times this season and time and again yesterday where Hibs have over hit corners and there has been nobody on the far side to at least try to win the ball back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Nowt wrong with McGinns corners today. They went into good areas with pace by and large. Certainly second half. Shinnies on the other hand were floaters mainly overhit.
    I thought the exact oppositie.Most of McGinns corners were very overhit. Shinnies corners corners were put into better areas

McGinn was good yesterday but there has to be a collective responsibility when it comes to taking corners. After one or two have been overhit it doesn't require a genius on the team to stand deep just in case. Why does no one signal before taking a corner? Not every team does but plenty still do. Before hitting the ball you raise one or two arms meaning you're aiming for the near or far post, which might give your team mates some notion of what you're trying to do. !8 corners yesterday and not one attempt on goal from any of them. How pathetic is that?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    McGinn was good yesterday but there has to be a collective responsibility when it comes to taking corners. After one or two have been overhit it doesn't require a genius on the team to stand deep just in case. Why does no one signal before taking a corner? Not every team does but plenty still do. Before hitting the ball you raise one or two arms meaning you're aiming for the near or far post, which might give your team mates some notion of what you're trying to do. !8 corners yesterday and not one attempt on goal from any of them. How pathetic is that?
    Or have a player in a position to retrieve an overhit corner.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    McGinn was very good today, He is charged with a lot of responsibility on the ball and without him we'd struggle to create. Yes he misplaced a few but def a 7/10 minimum.

My motm was Fontaine. Absolutely dominant with McGregor and a threat up front too.
    How he missed that chance only he will know.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    How he missed that chance only he will know.
    Yep absolute sitter and not even close to scoring.