hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: BBC Hypocrisy

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

BBC Hypocrisy

After being slaughtered by all and sundry on the BBC TV & radio after our celebrations, they have just released a video on social media encouraging the Tartan Army to bring back the goal posts and turf.

It's on the BBC Radio Scotland Facebook page.....and yes I realise it's supposed to be a joke but FFS!

https://www.facebook.com/bbcradiosco...MELINE&fref=nf

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If the Rangers fans hadn't entered the pitch that day the celebrations would have been almost identical. Don't expect the BBC to ever say that though.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After being slaughtered by all and sundry on the BBC TV & radio after our celebrations, they have just released a video on social media encouraging the Tartan Army to bring back the goal posts and turf.

It's on the BBC Radio Scotland Facebook page.....and yes I realise it's supposed to be a joke but FFS!

STV have been promoting the game in a similar fashion with adverts "testing the turf". Two faced doesn't come close!

Said as much at time. The Record and the BBC regularly took a 'light hearted banter' approach to the behaviour of Scotland fans in the 70s but when it was Hibs fans it was 'shameful'.

The media are a shower of self serving hypocrites playing to their audience.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Chick young being the worst offender. On the pitch in 77 and claiming to have witnessed violent, savage and sustained assaults on zombie players in 2016 while criticising hibs fans for being on the pitch at all. Lying hypocritical ****er.

Wouldn't expect anything else from the Scottish Media. All they done was deflect from the fact that

A) their heroes had been defeated on their big game before their "return" and B) hide the fact that ours was a harmless pitch invasion borne out of years of emotion being released and rangers fans cany take getting beat or wound up and reacted.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Wouldn't expect anything else from the Scottish Media. All they done was deflect from the fact that

A) their heroes had been defeated on their big game before their "return" and B) hide the fact that ours was a harmless pitch invasion borne out of years of emotion being released and rangers fans cany take getting beat or wound up and reacted.
    Can't bring myself to listen to sportsound after the garbage spouted after our glorious cup win. That they are now looking back on exactly the same thing in 77 as exuberance,as the mouser said,just shows they don't know the meaning of either irony or hypocrisy. As has been said many times had the knuckleheads of sevco stayed in their stands it would have indeed been a repeat of 77 but they couldn't handle defeat and went on the pitch to vent their frustration and as we have seen by the number prosecuted from the west far out ways those in the east,they committed the vast majority of the criminal activity that day. That the Scottish press repeated traynors insubstantiated lies shows how morally bankrupt they all are. I'm only interested in what my team is doing now and feel more proud of my club than I ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Can't bring myself to listen to sportsound after the garbage spouted after our glorious cup win. That they are now looking back on exactly the same thing in 77 as exuberance,as the mouser said,just shows they don't know the meaning of either irony or hypocrisy. As has been said many times had the knuckleheads of sevco stayed in their stands it would have indeed been a repeat of 77 but they couldn't handle defeat and went on the pitch to vent their frustration and as we have seen by the number prosecuted from the west far out ways those in the east,they committed the vast majority of the criminal activity that day. That the Scottish press repeated traynors insubstantiated lies shows how morally bankrupt they all are. I'm only interested in what my team is doing now and feel more proud of my club than I ever have.

Well said.

Immediately after the famous cup win the Scottish Media went into overdrive with their spin machines to deflect attention away from their team being beaten.

I enjoyed the scenes at Wembley 77 and it was exactly the same over exuberance shown by the Tartan army as it was the Hibs fans at Hampden.

Strange how the Scottish Media portray one as 'riotous scenes' (Hibs at Hampden) and the other as 'joyous scenes'. (Tartan Army at Wembley)

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Sky Sports were much, much worse in the coverage.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Yep and I guess you spotted my comment! How can they go all out for what happened at Hampden, and then not only condone BUT actually encourage the same to happen at Wembley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post

Lets hope there is a pitch invasion tomorrow night and the police will be able to point the finger at the inciters for encouraging it.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Stuart Cosgrove called out the hypocrisy of those on the BBC regarding the post match scenes an hour after it all on that nights "Off the Ball", singling out Chic Young in particular as one who has previously boasted about being on the Wembley pitch in '77 but then sounding off in outrage at Hibs fans for doing similar.
    It's difficult to take BBC Scotland's football coverage seriously these days.

Another 'hilarious' skit - https://www.facebook.com/BBCScotland...9488212080939/
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 10-11-2016 at 11:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If the Rangers fans hadn't entered the pitch that day the celebrations would have been almost identical. Don't expect the BBC to ever say that though.
    Maybe if the chosen few had just celebrated & no taunted THE Rangers fans it would maybe not have caused such an uproar.

Left by mutual consent!
    Should be the 'BBBC' with the first 'B' standing for 'BIASED' - towards whatever current government or ultra, right-wing,'stuck in the 17th-Century' Scottish Football Club they're sooking up to !!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Post cup final, I, like many other Hibees, enjoyed watching the final whistle celebrations.

Even better was the way the scenes were greeted across the world.

NOBODY outside of Scotland saw it as anything other than sheer joy and exuberance.

I also read the forum post on Pie and Bovril (the Scottish football fans forum) and a mass of supporters from all different clubs celebrated and enjoyed the scenes of a breath taking win

The main cause of the Scottish media grief? That simply comes down to the team we beat

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Maybe if the chosen few had just celebrated & no taunted THE Rangers fans it would maybe not have caused such an uproar.
    Have to disagree with you there GG

The Rangers fans arrogance was their downfall

They thought all they had to do was turn up. don't worry, it's in the bag, it's only Hibs

The last minute winner and the scenes of Hibs fans celebrating

Taunting and protecting their players in Rangers media talk

Consider the taunting and song book we had to listen to throughout the game (also conveniently forgotten by the media) there is only so many times we can "turn the other cheek"

If the Rangers fans had left the stadium peacefully post full time whistle, None of this would have happened

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Have to disagree with you there GG

The Rangers fans arrogance was their downfall

They thought all they had to do was turn up. don't worry, it's in the bag, it's only Hibs

The last minute winner and the scenes of Hibs fans celebrating

Taunting and protecting their players in Rangers media talk

Consider the taunting and song book we had to listen to throughout the game (also conveniently forgotten by the media) there is only so many times we can "turn the other cheek"

If the Rangers fans had left the stadium peacefully post full time whistle, None of this would have happened
    Nearly all the fans on the park were happy to stay in their own half to celebrate. Those who ran to the away end are complete tits along with the Huns who came on.

Hibs had just won the SC for the first time in 114 but some would rather run to them for a fight! 😂

Sorry but they are bawbags.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I was on the pitch at wembley, i did look for some English fans to goad but gave up after half an hour.

@hibs.net private member
    I was in the crowd that day and onthe pitch. Yet to see an English fan. I think it will be different this time, there seems to be a much stronger Nationalitic interest in English football in recent years so we will not get it all our own way with the singing this time

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Nearly all the fans on the park were happy to stay in their own half to celebrate. Those who ran to the away end are complete tits along with the Huns who came on.

Hibs had just won the SC for the first time in 114 but some would rather run to them for a fight! 😂

Sorry but they are bawbags.