hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I met Gail when I was up in August for Pars game. I was with a Hibs legend so we briefly spoke footy. She said something like, " I don't really know anything about football but I know we don't like Hearts!". That'll do me!

Gail Porter.. Forever the hubba bubba girl

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I seem to remember it was filmed at about 6.00am on Sunday morning..you can kind of tell by the quality of the light in the scene as well.

Can Remember reading an article in some paper.. Saying how Loads of the Fake notes that they chucked out from the back of the Bike - Were Fooling quite a Lot of The Foreign Shop Keepers.. They even showed the notes in the paper at the time, i can remember laughing about it and wanted a note as they looked so cool.. i was only 10.. still never got a note..

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Loved this film as a kid and love it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think they wanted to set it in Granton and Muirhouse but those places weren't ****ty enough so they had to film it in Glasgow to get that really deprived, neglected, slummy feel.

;-)
    The film wasn't big budget, so most of it would be shot in Glasgow as most people working in on crews in film and TV in Scotland are based there. This is more cost effective in terms of savings on hotels and daylight time on transfers and setting up in Edinburgh. Be interesting to see if Trainspotting 2, with a much bigger budget, features more of Edinburgh.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The film wasn't big budget, so most of it would be shot in Glasgow as most people working in on crews in film and TV in Scotland are based there. This is more cost effective in terms of savings on hotels and daylight time on transfers and setting up in Edinburgh. Be interesting to see if Trainspotting 2, with a much bigger budget, features more of Edinburgh.
    Boyle (Danny, not Martin) said recently that Edinburgh was going to be "one of the characters" in T2.

There's an old woman in Dunbar (where I live) that is convinced I was one of the guys in Restless Natives, and periodically appears on my Facebook asking me to come clean and admit to my acting past.

How f****** weird is that.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    There's an old woman in Dunbar (where I live) that is convinced I was one of the guys in Restless Natives, and periodically appears on my Facebook asking me to come clean and admit to my acting past.

[semi-spoiler alert]

Stuart from the community foundation (used to do fit fans in training) looks like one of the characters (was it Wotherspoon?)

the boy that Dreamed of "not just (mashed) potatoes - creamed potatoes!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post

Something brilliant about that too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Boyle (Danny, not Martin) said recently that Edinburgh was going to be "one of the characters" in T2.
    The bananny flats about to get listed status ?

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I seem to remember it was filmed at about 6.00am on Sunday morning..you can kind of tell by the quality of the light in the scene as well.
    The scene where they are riding over a footbridge throwing cash was filmed in Westerhailes at the access where the bypass used to stop (when it only ran from Hillend to Westerhailes). I was an apprentice at a firm called James Bowen and used to get off the bus there and walk down through Westerhailes, was probably about 7.15am. I never actually realised what was happening until I saw the film much later and realised i walked under the bridge while filming was taking place.

Not been down that way for a while but think that footbridge is still there...

Big country tune on sound track iircc

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    Big country tune on sound track iircc
    They did the whole film as far as I can remember... "The eagle he was Lord above, Rob [Roy] was Lord below..."
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    http://watch5s.to/movie/restless-natives/watch/

here's a link, hopefully it'll work

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Where as "Just another Saturday", which is about Glasgow's orange walk culture, was filmed mostly in Leith.
    Great wee film billy Connolly is brill in it