hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Hibs Fans News are putting up a candidate.
    Oh dear. They are likely to do well in the vote with the amount of members they have to back them one would think.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Im in favour of 2 new faces coming in.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    It would be interesting to hear from existing reps how their roles panned out over the season, what responsibilities they had and how much time the position took up. This sort of information would be helpful for those that were thinking of applying.

As it was a new thing I suspect that it might take a year or two before the actual role is fine tuned.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I see Hibs Fans News are putting up a candidate.
    Hopefully votes will be cast based on what a person will bring to the table, rather than how many pals they can muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Anyone from here going to apply?
    Whoever does will need a thick skin.

I've got involved with a few things directly and indirectly with the club in recent years as well as doing my bit for this place. One thing that never fails to amaze me is some of the personal stuff that is thrown about. I'd imagine a director of the club will get it 10x worse.

100% not for me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Im in favour of 2 new faces coming in.
    I'm in that camp. Two year term and move on for someone else to have a go.

The two fans reps that are in at the moment probably had one of there greatest days in there life's being part of the open top bus celebrations something that can't be taking away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hopefully votes will be cast based on what a person will bring to the table, rather than how many pals they can muster.
    If only. I'd assume he will be a cert for one post.

The question I will be asking the current fan reps if they stand again and are part of a hustings process, is what have they pushed through at Board level that wouldn't have gone through if there were no fan reps on the Board.

I see both fan reps at supporter club events and know that the oft maligned Frank Dougan does a lot of good work with the ill and the bereaved in the Hibs community. But ive to be convinced that the presence of fan rep directors has materially changed or influenced Board policy ?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'm in that camp. Two year term and move on for someone else to have a go.
    The problem with having 2 new faces every 2 years is that they take their time.... in my experience, up to 6 months... to get to grips with the job, and for others to get used to them. That means that they're less effective than they might otherwise be.

It might be a better idea to have a rotation, with one place up for election each year. That means that there's always continuity. There's always 1 rep on the Board who's had at least 1 year's experience, who can mentor the new rep coming in.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The problem with having 2 new faces every 2 years is that they take their time.... in my experience, up to 6 months... to get to grips with the job, and for others to get used to them. That means that they're less effective than they might otherwise be.

It might be a better idea to have a rotation, with one place up for election each year. That means that there's always continuity. There's always 1 rep on the Board who's had at least 1 year's experience, who can mentor the new rep coming in.
    This makes sense.
    While Frank was a familiar face and well known to a large number of fans, it can maybe take about the two years for fans to get familiar and recognise supporters who are elected to be fans reps in the board. A bit of continuity like you propose is a very good suggestion in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    The question I will be asking the current fan reps if they stand again and are part of a hustings process, is what have they pushed through at Board level that wouldn't have gone through if there were no fan reps on the Board.

I see both fan reps at supporter club events and know that the oft maligned Frank Dougan does a lot of good work with the ill and the bereaved in the Hibs community. But ive to be convinced that the presence of fan rep directors has materially changed or influenced Board policy ?
    Agree 100% with this.

Communication with the fans is key, that's surely the 1 main reason these 2 roles were created. I think it's important that at least 1 of the fans reps is active on social media and forums to allow them to take forward fans views and communicate back to the fans anything news worthy from the club.

I'm fairly active on hibs social media sites and forums and don't see much engagement between the fans and the fans reps.

I know Frank probably doesn't do 'online' that's why it's vital that the 2nd fans rep is active on social media/forums. I know Amit posts occasionally on here but it would be really encouraging if they produced a blog or monthly newsletter with updates on hot topics and any issues they have taken to the board.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    I have put my name forward and hopefully I reach the election stage, I will in due course put my ideas on Hibs.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most likely true but to be honest in this case I have absolutely no idea how effective they have been and as they are supposedly representing fans that is a real problem. I'm thinking of not bothering to vote...now if only sizeable numbers of the electorate elsewhere had taken the same approach

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Most likely true but to be honest in this case I have absolutely no idea how effective they have been and as they are supposedly representing fans that is a real problem. I'm thinking of not bothering to vote...now if only sizeable numbers of the electorate elsewhere had taken the same approach
    ....Isn't it up to the electorate to ask them how effective they've been?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Going by recent democratic decisions I think that there's every chance that the author of the Edinburgh song will win

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Going by recent democratic decisions I think that there's every chance that the author of the Edinburgh song will win
    That girl who runs the Hibs Paige site could be the ideal candidate then...

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'm in that camp. Two term and move on for someone else to have a go.
    This hasn't exactly worked well in America this morning!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    While conceding that idea of Supporters representatives on the Board is good in theory, I've still to be convinced that in practice it will make any difference to the average punter who turns up to watch Hibs on a Saturday.

Maybe a resume of what has already been discussed/achieved will make me think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    While conceding that idea of Supporters representatives on the Board is good in theory, I've still to be convinced that in practice it will make any difference to the average punter who turns up to watch Hibs on a Saturday.

Maybe a resume of what has already been discussed/achieved will make me think otherwise.
    A parallel is your local councillor, MP or MSP.

Most of us don't need to consult them. It's good to know that they're there if we need them, though.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    A parallel is your local councillor, MP or MSP.

Most of us don't need to consult them. It's good to know that they're there if we need them, though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Nae need!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net