hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member PeeJay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly my point isn't being well understood or hasn't been properly thought through by anybody who has read it.

You're born into a system and are stuck in that system until you die.
    Back in 1989, many "East Germans" marched peacefully on the streets to tear down a wall and bring about a peaceful change to the the "system they were born into"; I doubt that many of them will die with the "regret" you refer to. Change can and does happen: look at the rest of Eastern Europe, look at China - your pessimistic vision of the world doesn't seem to stand up to close scrutiny ...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Clearly my point isn't being well understood or hasn't been properly thought through by anybody who has read it.

You're born into a system and are stuck in that system until you die. Your life is ultimately dictated by others from start to finish. You can't do whatever you want, even although it's your own life. You can only do what you're told you're allowed to do within that system.

As a result, everybody dies with regret in the end. Because you die never having set foot out of the system that has shadowed you your entire life. You'll die never knowing what could have been done with the limited time you had.

Call it a crazy conspiracy, it doesn't really matter. Because you'll never prove it wrong.

Ok, so you are now some alt-right libertarian?

I agree to an extent, of course we cant just do what we want, such is the nature of society. It was ever thus.

But i would suggest you overstate how helpless we all are. You are describing an ant colony or maybe some of the more authoritarian regimes that have appeared at various points. It is not reflective of 21st century UK IMO.

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar

You're born into a system and are stuck in that system until you die. Your life is ultimately dictated by others from start to finish. You can't do whatever you want, even although it's your own life. You can only do what you're told you're allowed to do within that system.

As a result, everybody dies with regret in the end. Because you die never having set foot out of the system that has shadowed you your entire life. You'll die never knowing what could have been done with the limited time you had.

Call it a crazy conspiracy, it doesn't really matter. Because you'll never prove it wrong.
    Feel sorry for you if you are describing your own life, you certainly are not describing mine.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Feel sorry for you if you are describing your own life, you certainly are not describing mine.
    Ahh but he is! You see you have been poisoned from birth and don't realise you are actually an ant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXQYuLUAbyw

No matter whether you are a YES or a NO voter, watch this video. Forget about who won or lost the referendum.
    It highlights the methods that a *government and/or affiliated media can mould the news to suit its own agenda.

*This means ANY government, whether it be UK/Scottish/USA or other.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXQYuLUAbyw

No matter whether you are a YES or a NO voter, watch this video. Forget about who won or lost the referendum.
    It highlights the methods that a *government and/or affiliated media can mould the news to suit its own agenda.

*This means ANY government, whether it be UK/Scottish/USA or other.

Have you just woke up ? The BBC and Government has been doing this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Have you just woke up ? The BBC and Government has been doing this for years.
    No, I've been awake for years, but thanks very much for asking.

Just trying to arouse those who remain in dreamland.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    No, I've been awake for years, but thanks very much for asking. Just trying to arouse those who remain in dreamland.
    It's a great point to shine some light on as im sure there are many people who believe all the BBC and MSM broadcast. Do people only see it when it reflects on their given cause? I think the same tactics are at play with the constant anti-Russia propaganda in the media with the Russians being blamed for everything and anything. The coverage of Aleppo recently is twisted to suit the western political agenda whilst barley commenting on UK made bombs being dropped in Yemen. A very corrupt situation.

Read 1984 to open your mind to what is possible.