hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Would be funny to knock them out the cup 2 years in a row.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the best comment out of that cup tie amongst many when was Robbie the whispering fashionista indicated after they had lost the replay something along the lines of, 'well everyone knows the way to beat Hibs is to switch the play", well why didnt you get your team to do that genius.
    Ah, that's why Paterson kept attempting the cross-field ball so many times. However, most seemed to end up behind the player, too much in front of the player or in the stand..

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Ah, that's why Paterson kept attempting the cross-field ball so many times. However, most seemed to end up behind the player, too much in front of the player or in the stand..
    Crossfield ball is giving him a bit more credit than deserved IMO, crude punts up the park being more accurate. It was like watching Wimbledon of the 80s absolutely shocking and smacked of a Potter tactic. Ironically they were better in the second half when trying to pass the ball.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Would be funny to knock them out the cup 2 years in a row.
    Since they ENDED us back in 2012, they have been knocked out 3 times in a row at the round they entered in. Last season they finally got through a round, only to get beat by us. In the 4 years since winning it, we've knocked them out twice. In those 4 years, they've scored 3 goals in the scottish cup, and conceded 15.

In the 4 years since they ended us, we've went - Final, 5th round, Semi final, winners.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Since they ENDED us back in 2012, they have been knocked out 3 times in a row at the round they entered in. Last season they finally got through a round, only to get beat by us. In the 4 years since winning it, we've knocked them out twice. In those 4 years, they've scored 3 goals in the scottish cup, and conceded 15.

In the 4 years since they ended us, we've went - Final, 5th round, Semi final, winners.
    Its quite noticeable how gash they have been in the Scottish cup since 2012, its almost as if some sort of Karma is at work ... the fitba gods must have looked down that day and went 'nah we're no huvvin this' .... hell, there was even an outbreak of Legionnaires disease on the day of their cup parade.

At least there's a few Yams on that thread prepared to admit that even in the games they won and drew in the last few fixtures they have been outplayed ... the Ozturk equaliser game being a case in point where they were second best for practically the whole 90 minutes.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Can't you copy and paste it in to your browser?
    Have you ever tried to do that with big thumbs?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Grassy arse amigo

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    That was a great read, really enjoyed that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

When you put it like that...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Apparently if Ozturk hadn't have went off they'd have won. Hibs tactic was to take out their best players and that's why we came back from 2-0 down to draw and then won the replay 😂
    Aye, who kicked Dylan ?

Blog Entries
    This is my fav!! Surely an infiltrator!

No-one fears the opposition I think. It is more a case of we know how poor we are under Neilson. It is clear that we will concede in every game so I struggle to be confident. We have so many ***** players in our team I honestly have no idea how you can be so confident. Our goalie is *****, Souttar is *****, Rherras is *****, Sammon is *****, Muirhead is *****, Kitchen is *****, Johnsen is *****, Cowie is *****, Ozturk is ***** and our management team is extremely *****.

PS, the censored word rhymes with Tom Kite!

Jeez, didn't realise our cup win had demoralised them that much! The peasants are revolting right enough.

Pleasing.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    An excellent read

@hibs.net private member
    They are 2 points off being 2nd in the league. Had they won on Saturday, they would be 2nd. I'm confused about (a) what they are moaning about and (b) where they think they should be.

Great dinner time reading 😂

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    They are 2 points off being 2nd in the league. Had they won on Saturday, they would be 2nd. I'm confused about what they are moaning about
    The answer to that part is a beautiful collage of Hanlons equaliser, Cummings celebrating at easter road, Conrad saving 2 penalties, Stokes and Gray scoring at hampden, 22000 scarves being held aloft to the defining rendition of Sunshine on Leith and an open top bus heading down the walk with green and white smiles everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    The answer to that part is a beautiful collage of Hanlons equaliser, Cummings celebrating at easter road, Conrad saving 2 penalties, Stokes and Gray scoring at hampden, 22000 scarves being held aloft to the defining rendition of Sunshine on Leith and an open top bus heading down the walk with green and white smiles everywhere
    This indeed however from some of the clips from a yam POV in the reply victory.... Cummings was a reject and was total s****e when he stuck the balk in the back of the net.

It is hurting them and hurting them in a bad way. They could have prevented this and still had their comfort blanket!! Have to remember we were a championship team but managed to come from 2 down to equalise with only 9 mins left.

All very pleasing.

O and for all you yam roasters looking in

GET IT RIGHT ROOND YOU YA BUNCH OF GRADE A ROASTERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting the number of fandangos who blame Neilson for all sorts of stuff. They don't seem to realise, or understand, that wee Robbie does what he's told by the boss - Harry Potter.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    They are 2 points off being 2nd in the league. Had they won on Saturday, they would be 2nd. I'm confused about (a) what they are moaning about and (b) where they think they should be.
    Champions league, world cup stars, megasuperhotel stadium, no debt/only owing it to themselves etc etc

This is what they are uptight about, they can't believe it hasn't happened and that no one has come along with unlimited use of someone else's money to dupe them again.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Yep; if I was them I'd be getting a well connected yam, say someone of the standing of Lord George foulkes, to search around for a foreign buyer with unlimited wealth to spend on them. So long as wee George gives them his seal of approval the champions league will be on again.

God it's terrifying.

With his connections, and The Famous Maroon that is revered by fans across the world, money will be beating a path to their door. I've heard there are Russian businessmen who are interested.

The infrastructure is in place - they have a stadium, most of which is stil safe if you take care, an almost full size pitch, and they have training facilities secured on a long term tenancy!

A bit of investment and prepare for take off. Even the Champions League might be within reach.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    God it's terrifying.

With his connections, and The Famous Maroon that is revered by fans across the world, money will be beating a path to their door. I've heard there are Russian businessmen who are interested.

The infrastructure is in place - they have a stadium, most of which is stil safe if you take care, an almost full size pitch, and they have training facilities secured on a long term tenancy!

A bit of investment and prepare for take off. Even the Champions League might be within reach.
    Don't tell me they're going to win the champions league by 2008? Whatever next

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    God it's terrifying.

I hear there are many Banks awash with cash that are itching to get involved in Scottish football. Their investment would be like owing money to yourself. Almost invisible. A bit like owing money to charities, the police force, ambulance staff and the local newsagent.

Or perhaps the fans could stump up even more money. A share issue or a fan ownership model.

Or a cake sale - that worked before............

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its quite noticeable how gash they have been in the Scottish cup since 2012, its almost as if some sort of Karma is at work ... s.
    No its just economics aka reality bites, for the yams

When you start paying bills and playing footballers you can afford within your budget, it's amazing how quickly the on pitch product suffers

Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    I hear there are many Banks awash with cash that are itching to get involved in Scottish football. Their investment would be like owing money to yourself. Almost invisible. A bit like owing money to charities, the police force, ambulance staff and the local newsagent.

Or perhaps the fans could stump up even more money. A share issue or a fan ownership model.

Or a cake sale - that worked before............
    With all that money available I'm sure the fans will take an interest. One of them is doing just that right now and at a rate of 6.2%.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Direct debit cancellations will spike if we beat them in the cup yet again.

First Team Breakthrough
    It's great when the inbred mutants are not winning, as they usually turn on their own for a blame game.

The Huntz stole a 2 goal lead and gave it back with ease. The money replay was a great night out and should have been more convincing than a 1 nil. Their caveman manager was left counting the cash, which will be needed for their extended bike shed and we will See what happens when they slide down the table after the year, with no cash for players!!
    Last edited by Gogs07; 07-11-2016 at 11:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    It'll forever hurt them knowing they were one of the big causes of us winning the cup. 2-0 up.....at home.....with only 10 minutes left.....against a 'Championship Team' 😂😂😂 Thank-you Jambos for being pish and bottling it!! 😀👍

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

Just hope we avoid hibs. I'm embarrassed to say that but that's the truth.

Ron gets it.

Must be a Hibby undercover!

They're right to be worried. They've been operating an non-viable business model for 30 years. Now their structure dictates that it's impossible for them to do that again, even if they could find a mug to underwrite it. Operating in this way has set unrealistic expectations on their fanbase. They are punching above their weight in the table and already massively disillusioned and running scared of hypothetically facing a championship side in the Scottish Cup.

It's difficult to see a future of anything other than stagnation, direct debit cancellations, financial shrinkage, falling attendances and slipping down the table to bottom six status.

God it's terrifying.

Thats just crazy talk.

Next thing you know you'll be telling us that they're going to sign World Cup stars