hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    I'm just home from a night out. Spent less than a tenner and won £20, so I'm better off than I was before I went out. If only I could perfect that on a larger scale I'd be all set. Quiz nights are the new rock 'n' roll

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's ridiculous how many people are taking cocaine and how openly they're doing it these days. Never had any interest in it myself but the amount of cocaine being used up the town on a Friday and Saturday night should be cracked down on, it's absolutely everywhere. I'm 26 and either I was oblivious to it when I was 18-23 or so or it's got a hell of a lot worse the last few years.
    I was told by a doorman a few years ago that they don't crack down on it as the people on it tend to behave better than they do when having just a drink. He said it was the police's job to enforce the law.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I was told by a doorman a few years ago that they don't crack down on it as the people on it tend to behave better than they do when having just a drink. He said it was the police's job to enforce the law.
    So much for SIA licensing standards,doormen allowing use are breaking the law and could be stripped of licence if caught.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I'm in Liverpool for the weekend and will spend considerably less on a bevvy session than I would in Edinburgh.

Testimonial Due
    Tbh I don't have any issue with that. Nothing worse than people who can't handle their drink. On the other hand I've seen people on Coke who cause just as much trouble.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I'm in Liverpool for the weekend and will spend considerably less on a bevvy session than I would in Edinburgh.
    Easily. Plenty pubs in Liverpool where you can get a cheap enough drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Great thread!

My 'par' for a proper night out is £100. An all dayer would be £150. The question is, how much did we all spend on our day out on May 21st!?!
    I took £200 myself and had already given my boy £60 ( in case I lost him) and still went to the bank for another £50.
    That included a taxi from the 4 in Hand to Broxburn.
    Spent it all.

Blootered
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    While the festival was on I ended up in the slug and Lettuce in George street, not my choice, however I went for a pee, while in the stall I got a text so replied, when I came out there was a bouncer there waiting on me, "what were you doing in there?", a pee, "no you weren't" aye I was, he basically told me I was taking coke(which I've never done in my life) and it was clear as day I was on something, thing was I hadn't even been drinking, it's good to know my natural state is that of a coke heid

Anyway, I told him if he suspected me of taking or having drugs he could phone the police and I'd happily be searched by them or take a drug test but that once I passed I wanted an apology, he backed down and told me he had his eye on me

Meanwhile there were countless people stoating about clearly out their nut that Columbo didn't even blink twice at, maybe he just didn't like the look of me

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    So much for SIA licensing standards,doormen allowing use are breaking the law and could be stripped of licence if caught.
    I didn't say they were allowing it to happen in front of them or even turning a blind eye to it. This was a few years ago in the calton studios, everyone was searched when entering and if drugs were found they weren't allowed in. They just didn't go around trying to catch people once they were in the club.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Tbh I don't have any issue with that. Nothing worse than people who can't handle their drink. On the other hand I've seen people on Coke who cause just as much trouble.
    That's exactly my thoughts on it.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    While the festival was on I ended up in the slug and Lettuce in George street, not my choice, however I went for a pee, while in the stall I got a text so replied, when I came out there was a bouncer there waiting on me, "what were you doing in there?", a pee, "no you weren't" aye I was, he basically told me I was taking coke(which I've never done in my life) and it was clear as day I was on something, thing was I hadn't even been drinking, it's good to know my natural state is that of a coke heid

Anyway, I told him if he suspected me of taking or having drugs he could phone the police and I'd happily be searched by them or take a drug test but that once I passed I wanted an apology, he backed down and told me he had his eye on me

Meanwhile there were countless people stoating about clearly out their nut that Columbo didn't even blink twice at, maybe he just didn't like the look of me
    Were you in the roseburn after a derby when I got kicked out for taking coke? I was doing a pee and a couple of guys doing lines in the cubicle. A bouncer was waiting at the door when we all left the toilet at the same time coincidentally. The guy said all out now, I know what you were doing. I protested my innocence and even the 2 lads who willingly left said to him I wasn't with them but he still chucked us all out the side door.
    I then walked back in the front door and Sat back to my pint. A little while later same bouncer clocked me and threw us all out, I'm sure you said were just leaving this ****hole anyway, and we carried on the carnage elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Were you in the roseburn after a derby when I got kicked out for taking coke? I was doing a pee and a couple of guys doing lines in the cubicle. A bouncer was waiting at the door when we all left the toilet at the same time coincidentally. The guy said all out now, I know what you were doing. I protested my innocence and even the 2 lads who willingly left said to him I wasn't with them but he still chucked us all out the side door.
    I then walked back in the front door and Sat back to my pint. A little while later same bouncer clocked me and threw us all out, I'm sure you said were just leaving this ****hole anyway, and we carried on the carnage elsewhere.
    I was, it was funny when it happened to you, but I didn't like it when it was me

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I was in Edinburgh last week and went out for a meal and a few drinks and was surprised at how cheap it was. A curry, five pints and a double single malt, just checked my bank account and it was only Euro 16.35

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Never had any bother from coke heads but the wee fannies on methadrone(or whatever the latest concoction was) were a nightmare.

Par for the course with most bouncers in my experience. More concerned with vendettas against people they don't like the look off than doing their job.

A few years back I was out and hadn't touched a single drop of alcohol or taken any other intoxicating substance. Bouncer said I wasn't getting in because I was 'too drunk' when I questioned that he said it was because I was 'looking like trouble' then finally because I looked 'like a ****'. A couple of days later he put a picture of me on his Facebook page, that he took with his phone whilst working, asking if anyone knew who I was because he was going to '**** me up'. I then got a charming message from him telling me he hoped I got AIDS.

I'm still bemused by the whole thing now as I didn't know the guy, didn't speak to him for more than 3 minutes and to all intents and purposes just accepted his decision.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Went out last night in Dunfermline and spent £50 in the pub and then 2 x £15 taxis.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar

I was in TGI Fridays years ago with mixed company, unknown to me 2 of the guys were on the marching powder, I went to the toilet and was sitting on the throne with the denims around my ankles when the door was force-ably opened. The duty manageress and a male member of staff (no bouncers apparently) were standing there as I hurriedly pinched one off. They were very apologetic and I wasn't too excited about the whole affair, I accepted their apology and explained that I work in an industry where we have a fair bit of drug screening so apart from the alcohol I was clean. Upshot was we got a free round of drinks for the distress and those on the nose candy were well warned!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I was in TGI Fridays years ago with mixed company, unknown to me 2 of the guys were on the marching powder, I went to the toilet and was sitting on the throne with the denims around my ankles when the door was force-ably opened. The duty manageress and a male member of staff (no bouncers apparently) were standing there as I hurriedly pinched one off. They were very apologetic and I wasn't too excited about the whole affair, I accepted their apology and explained that I work in an industry where we have a fair bit of drug screening so apart from the alcohol I was clean. Upshot was we got a free round of drinks for the distress and those on the nose candy were well warned!
    Apt user name (no pun uintended) for someone thought to be doing drugs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    I'm just home from a night out. Spent less than a tenner and won £20, so I'm better off than I was before I went out.
    Thats not a night out thats an hour out. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I remember a toff looking down his nose at me saying I bet you're one of those louts that drinks 6 pints of lager? I told him I sometimes stayed out for more than an hour

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Great thread!

My 'par' for a proper night out is £100. An all dayer would be £150. The question is, how much did we all spend on our day out on May 21st!?!

Roughly over £150 over a few days. I was drunk by half 9 after the final.

Had a carry out at the links on the Sunday then proceeding to get a bit drunk again afterwards in Leith Walk's finest establishments.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 06-11-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Just reading through this thread and Im glad I dont drink at all now.
    When I first started drinking a regular Sunday evening session after playing fitba Sunday afternoon was 5 pints of Light and a bag o chips for a quid. Pint of Light was 18p.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    All depends on what you're into/ where you go.

Can be anything from 20 quid for a few pints and a chippy on a Sunday afternoon to a minimum 200 easy on a night in town.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Went out last nite, 7 pints and a taxi home and had change of £20. £2 a pint 🍻 of tetleys bitter. 🍻🍻👍

In Edinburgh, generally 60-80 quid.

In Zürich, let's not even go there....

If I'm going out with the lads to watch soccer Saturday or a couple of games on the Sunday I'll only ever take £40 and that'll cover a taxi and chippy at the end of the day.

When I used to go out a few years ago £80 was a minimum and that doesn't include the drink we'd buy and drink in the house before heading out.

I remember my mates telling me in about 94 that to go up the town with them all I'd need would be £11. That included a carry out before goign to a club, free entry into a club before eleven, drinks in the venue and walk home.

£11 would get nothing nowadays!

In Vegas recently and noticed that there's tonnes of happy hour offers on the go. Am I right in thinking they're scrapped in Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    I remember my mates telling me in about 94 that to go up the town with them all I'd need would be £11. That included a carry out before goign to a club, free entry into a club before eleven, drinks in the venue and walk home.

£11 would get nothing nowadays!

In Vegas recently and noticed that there's tonnes of happy hour offers on the go. Am I right in thinking they're scrapped in Scotland?
    Yep. Prices have to be changed for a minimum of 72 hours, or that was the case when I left the trade nearly 3 year ago, which to all intents and purposes makes happy hours illegal.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    That is a night out at my age

First Team Breakthrough
    Great thread!

I went on a night out on the Friday night, got home half an hour before leaving for my bus then straight out after the game - was terrified to check my bank balance on the Monday but was well worth every penny

Between the friday, the match and parade I'd say I was about £350-400 all in. Spent less in effin Copenhagen