hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Testimonial Due hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,404
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU

    Scotland Rugby Tickets

    Just looking for a bit of advice guys. I'm planning on purchasing a ticket for the Scotland vs Australia autumn test in two weeks as their is no football on that weekend. I've never been to Murrayfield since 2004 when I went to watch Scotland play Barbarians. Missed the Hibs vs Barcelona game in 08 as was on holiday in Orlando, Florida at the time. Just wondering on where the best place to sit in the ground is with a good view. Looking online, been told to avoid the west stand due to the running track which makes you so far away from the pitch and the quadrants as the view is terrible.
    Any help would be appreciated!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just looking for a bit of advice guys. I'm planning on purchasing a ticket for the Scotland vs Australia autumn test in two weeks as their is no football on that weekend. I've never been to Murrayfield since 2004 when I went to watch Scotland play Barbarians. Missed the Hibs vs Barcelona game in 08 as was on holiday in Orlando, Florida at the time. Just wondering on where the best place to sit in the ground is with a good view. Looking online, been told to avoid the west stand due to the running track which makes you so far away from the pitch and the quadrants as the view is terrible.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    The more central you go the more the price goes up. So it depends how much you're willing to pay. The bronze and silver seats barely getbyiy out from behind the goals so you're looking at 55 or 70 (plus 5% transaction fee).

    BTW Hibs play Falkirk at the same time as the Australia game and QOTS at the same time as the Argentina game. Both home games.

  4. #3
    Testimonial Due hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,404
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The more central you go the more the price goes up. So it depends how much you're willing to pay. The bronze and silver seats barely getbyiy out from behind the goals so you're looking at 55 or 70 (plus 5% transaction fee).

    BTW Hibs play Falkirk at the same time as the Australia game and QOTS at the same time as the Argentina game. Both home games.
    Thanks for that. Much appreciated. My mate had a spare ticket in the east stand section 16, so I just took that.

    Yeah I only just found out about the Falkirk game after I had just created this thread. Didn't know anything about it beforehand as thought all league games in the Scottish Prem and Scottish Championship don't go ahead when the international games are on. Oh well but ticket has already been bought for QOTS the following week later.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for that. Much appreciated. My mate had a spare ticket in the east stand section 16, so I just took that.

    Yeah I only just found out about the Falkirk game after I had just created this thread. Didn't know anything about it beforehand as thought all league games in the Scottish Prem and Scottish Championship don't go ahead when the international games are on. Oh well but ticket has already been bought for QOTS the following week later.
    There's a seat plan available to give you an idea of where east 16 is.

    I'm still hopeful that the Falkirk game will be shifted - I'm going to the rugby as well.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    25,036
    damn, need to record both rugby games now :(


    scotland play georgia @ rugby park on sat 26th, no games in the championship that day, why not
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 31-10-2016 at 05:12 PM.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    damn, need to record both rugby games now :(


    scotland play georgia @ rugby park on sat 26th, no games in the championship that day, why not
    I'm not sure - it's league cup final weekend but I don't think that's ever a reason to cancel the other games.

  8. #7
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,681
    The boy that started the thread on the main board about Hibs/Scotland will have all the info you need.

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,404
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Really enjoyed that today. Pre-match entertainment and all the stalls outside were really enjoyable. The atmosphere as well during the pre-match build up and also during the game. Really good! Obviously very disappointing to lose that game at the death when we played really well against the World Cup finalists. On another day, if Laidlaw had converted one of either those missed pen or conversions, it was Scotland's victory. Cotter has done a very good job after years of poor rugby. He is going to hand the reigns over Townsend next summer, who's Glasgow Warriors side are really enjoyable to watch and play good rugby. If he can work some of that magic on a potential up and coming very good Scotland team then the future looks bright.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 12-11-2016 at 06:24 PM.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really enjoyed that today. Pre-match entertainment and all the stalls outside were really enjoyable. The atmosphere as well during the pre-match build up and also during the game. Really good! Obviously very disappointing to lose that game at the death when we played really well against the World Cup finalists. On another day, if Laidlaw had converted one of either those missed pen or conversions, it was Scotland's victory. Cotter has done a very good job after years of poor rugby. He is going to hand the reigns over Townsend next summer, who's Glasgow Warriors side are really enjoyable to watch and play good rugby. If he can work some of that magic on a potential up and coming very good Scotland team then the future looks bright.
    I've only seen the highlights but the BBC reporter Tom English says we were 'monstrously good'. More disappointment v the Aussies after last year's heartbreaking World Cup quarter final defeat but as you say the future looks bright.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,895
    Scotland played really well today, scoring three tries against Australia was a great effort, and although under the cosh for a large part of the second half weathered the storm pretty well. Ultimately the difference today was Laidlaw's conversion on the third try which came back off the post. Superb effort, and a really enjoyable match.
    ​#PERSEVERED


  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland played really well today, scoring three tries against Australia was a great effort, and although under the cosh for a large part of the second half weathered the storm pretty well. Ultimately the difference today was Laidlaw's conversion on the third try which came back off the post. Superb effort, and a really enjoyable match.

    really good game - enjoyed it. We're so much more attacking now it's great.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    25,036
    different rules i know but noticed the rugby league guys have moved up to 4th ranked, and first country to take anything from the big 3 since 1990, ireland 8th and wales 9th

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved