hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fife Hyland and spoke about the PA system at a Working Together meeting. Think that was 2010. He had quotes but the numbers were big - six figures?

When the new East was built was there not a view that the speakers were wrongly sited?

My memory isn't great these days so not certain about these recollections
    Six figures to get it fixed? That sounds extraordinary - although I have no experience of these things so could very well be correct.

I sit in the East also, and sometimes it would genuinely be better if they just switched it off in that stand. Your none the wiser when it is used. For such a nice stadium as well, it is a bit of a let down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Don't know where you sat in West upper but I am in section 11 and it's totally fine - every week I can hear my numbers NOT come up in the half time draw😁
    We are in the very last section, next to the FFS, in the West Stand Upper North and it's like somebody has arrived from a different planet to make the announcements.
    Totally agree with the earlier comment about it being a H&S issue too.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    It's absolutely shocking in the east. Cannot hear a thing being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Callyballybe View Post
    Six figures to get it fixed? That sounds extraordinary - although I have no experience of these things so could very well be correct.

I sit in the East also, and sometimes it would genuinely be better if they just switched it off in that stand. Your none the wiser when it is used. For such a nice stadium as well, it is a bit of a let down.
    To be fair to Fife that was the cost of replacement not repair

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    We are in the very last section, next to the FFS, in the West Stand Upper North and it's like somebody has arrived from a different planet to make the announcements.
    Totally agree with the earlier comment about it being a H&S issue too.
    I agree. I'm in section 13 and the announcer could be speaking in Chinese as far as I would know.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    West Upper is practically inaudible. No idea how we'd get on if there was an emergency and we needed to rely on it for instructions.

Good to see the cup heroes, haven't the faintest idea what they said.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince82 View Post
    100% agree. Didn't have a clue what was being said at half time
    Agree completely - EE in the East

Unfortunately the tannoy system works quite well from where I sit in the West Stand. It means that I can hear the 'DJ' slavering his nonsense, shouting out players names (when the benefit of having a microphone is that your voice is amplified), playing music at ear-splitting levels pre match so it's hard to have a conversation and lastly but most irritatingly of all playing music after a goal is scored. Apart from that he adds quite a lot to the match day experience at ER.

What music gets played after a goal?

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    To be fair to Fife that was the cost of replacement not repair
    Yes, I thought that sounded a bit much. My point of the tannoy being s**t in the East still stands though.

Its nic that peop have noth worse to moa ab thannnnnn th pub c addressss sy tem ........ in the amous ous ous ous Fiv stand th soun is pr tty goo I don know ow ow ow wh t the pr blem em em em is.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    It's far too loud in the FF. Having to shout to my mate pre kick off.

I would rather have the bliss of the garbled noise in the East. At least I could hear myself think!
    Cannae please all of the people all of the time eh?!

I don't even try to listen to it anymore it's that bad

@hibs.net private member

Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    I don't recognise the music but it is deafening.

Cut the music and let's hear the crowd roar. No wonder Lennon thinks the crowd is quiet. We have been cowed into robotic obedience for years.

I cannot even speak to my neighbour in the West stand without shouting for the past decade or so.

Guaranteed nothing will happen and we'll be repeating the same and justified moans in about a months time.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    Unfortunately the tannoy system works quite well from where I sit in the West Stand. It means that I can hear the 'DJ' slavering his nonsense, shouting out players names (when the benefit of having a microphone is that your voice is amplified), playing music at ear-splitting levels pre match so it's hard to have a conversation and lastly but most irritatingly of all playing music after a goal is scored. Apart from that he adds quite a lot to the match day experience at ER.
    Hi mate,

Thanks for the feedback on this one. I registered on here to pick up on feedback so that we could engage with fans and have come on several times to respond to comments. I personally would rather do all I can to
    try get an even balance and feedback on why Audio is poor.

The music that is played out is played from the south stand is not controlled directly by myself as I am pitch side as you will notice during all periods of the game. It is is however, controlled under direction of myself and when volumes are low or too high I will communicate this and ask for it to be amended if and where possible.

I will take all the comments on and pass onto the club once again. From where I stand pitch side at the dugout I can hear things crystal clear and from the majority of the feedback we have gauged from the surrounding areas within the stand it seems to be the same. When the attendance is announced which is again from myself it is applauded by all areas of the stadium, when the man of he match is announced it is applauded by all areas of the stands so I can only assume it's clear at these stages. The main issue we seem to be having is with music however I am aware that the back end of the east seems very poor.

I'm here to help bridge any gap on match days and to take on board and support you guys by feeding back once again.

I can assure you the club aren't ignoring the issues and we are all doing the very best we can with the current system so just to reassure you that he feedback isn't falling on deaf ears (pardon the pun) but as I am sure you will all agree there are more pressing mattters at present like ensuring that we are back where we belong.

I want to do all I can to take on any feedback I can fix for you guys and will continue to keep an eye out for things. Please keep the feedback coming at the end of the day it's your match day and I believe your input is crucial.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    Haha, good question. I must admit I'd no idea this was going on! My seat is in the back row of the East at the half way line and I've NEVER heard any music after a goal is scored - which I'm pleased about because that's the kind of **** patter you expect from wee diddy teams, not Hibernian!

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsAnnouncer View Post
    Hi mate,

Thanks for the feedback on this one. I registered on here to pick up on feedback so that we could engage with fans and have come on several times to respond to comments. I personally would rather do all I can to

The music that is played out is played from the south stand is not controlled directly by myself as I am pitch side as you will notice during all periods of the game. It is is however, controlled under direction of myself and when volumes are low or too high I will communicate this and ask for it to be amended if and where possible.

I will take all the comments on and pass onto the club once again. From where I stand pitch side at the dugout I can hear things crystal clear and from the majority of the feedback we have gauged from the surrounding areas within the stand it seems to be the same. When the attendance is announced which is again from myself it is applauded by all areas of the stadium, when the man of he match is announced it is applauded by all areas of the stands so I can only assume it's clear at these stages. The main issue we seem to be having is with music however I am aware that the back end of the east seems very poor.

I'm here to help bridge any gap on match days and to take on board and support you guys by feeding back once again.

I can assure you the club aren't ignoring the issues and we are all doing the very best we can with the current system so just to reassure you that he feedback isn't falling on deaf ears (pardon the pun) but as I am sure you will all agree there are more pressing mattters at present like ensuring that we are back where we belong.

I want to do all I can to take on any feedback I can fix for you guys and will continue to keep an eye out for things. Please keep the feedback coming at the end of the day it's your match day and I believe your input is crucial.

GGTTH
    When the attendance is read out we know that the attendance is read out but all around me the question arises is "so what's the attendance?" We then try and piece together the audible bits we picked up and we come up with a figure, which when checked later is usually wrong.
    When man of the match is read out, it's read at a lower volume due to the game being played, so more people can hear it but like the attendance people will clap anyway because we know what the announcement is for, we don't necessarily hear it (we can usually guess who motm is too.
    The PA is not fit for purpose. Half time on Saturday some of my heroes were on the pitch, that was all inaudible to me in the East, all of it, I heard not one word.
    Anyway the club know there's an issue, I will assume that the money will be sent once an emergency situation highlights the uselessness of the PA, hopefully without detriment to someone's health or well bring. It is without doubt the worst PA in Scotland, I've been to really horrible stadiums across this country and haven't come across a worst PA than we have at ER.
    There is my feedback, do with it, what you like.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Hi mate,

GGTTH
    Hi - appreciate you coming on here to feedback. I'm not personally having a go at you but if you read nearly every comment on here - it's simple...

What is being said before the game, during half time interviews or 30 second challenges, substitutes, attendances, sponsors man of the match (not even sure who sponsored game as couldn't hear) is near impossible to hear.

The current set up isn't working and others have pointed out Saturday for me was the most furstrating as I wanted to hear what they skol cup winners had to say but couldn't even here them introduced let anyone the names from the East Stand - about 10 rows from the back.

Like others I have been to away games and why is it that every other stadium including PBS have a more clear system than ours. Our stadium and fans deserve better - just like the over priced and poor quality food. The action on the pitch is a priority but this and catering have been neglected too long.

Hi mate,

GGTTH

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation as you see it. Fans are reporting difficulties from many different areas of the stadium and there seems to be variances from areas which are relatively close together eg the sound system in Section 11 in the West Upper appears to be satisfactory but its almost inaudible in Section 13.

Hopefully something can be done to resolve the problems and fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation as you see it. Fans are reporting difficulties from many different areas of the stadium and there seems to be variances from areas which are relatively close together eg the sound system in Section 11 in the West Upper appears to be satisfactory but its almost inaudible in Section 13.

Hopefully something can be done to resolve the problems and fairly quickly.
    I appreciate the feedback guys. Thank you

I appreciate the feedback guys. Thank you

Inaudible in the south end of the West Upper except in the ladies toilet.

Only manage to decipher the attendance and man of the match as it is generally a lower volume and is only one sentence so between all of us in an area we can fill in anything missed and know what has been said . Once we have paragraphs of spiel it is impossible to fill in the missed bits so we just turn off from trying to follow what is being said. I would have liked to have followed what the Skol Cup winners said but the only bit I heard was when they read out the numbers for the happy hibees draw.....slow and one sentence.

Perhaps again try having a song / piece of music the team come out to......and stick with it for at least a season or two. Doesn't matter what you choose ( pop, classical, theme etc etc), eventually the crowd will recognize the first bars and start to raise the volume level. It would take time but works well at many grounds all over the World so why not ER? Don't ask the fans what they want as you will get 100's of different songs. Just choose something and go with it. I'm quite sure if Sunderland afc fans had been asked, the last piece of music mentioned would have been a classical piece by Prokofiev but it works well for them now.

It may help if the volume came down a little and the dialogue was delivered a little slower.

GGTTH
    Last edited by exeterhibby; 31-10-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Hi mate,

GGTTH
    It is a problem and applause from all areas shouldn't be taken as an indication that we can all hear - most of the time there's a bit of guesswork or piecing together what's been said.

The shorter announcements are also slightly more easy to get the drift, once the sentence goes on more than a few words the echo and the words merge together and we can't make out anything.

Hi mate,

GGTTH
    Please, please, stop playing music after a goal. Please.

Cant hear a thing In the east. The PA system just becomes some background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    It's far too loud in the FF. Having to shout to my mate pre kick off.

I would rather have the bliss of the garbled noise in the East. At least I could hear myself think!

Actually, that's where I'm at.

The Tannoy in the east stand is inaudible but that's much less annoying than being deafened pre-match and at half-time by the ridiculously loud noise in the FF.

I think they should try to address both issues, not just one.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 31-10-2016 at 10:55 AM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    either the speakers are just rubbish or the microphone is ...either way we get distortion far too often ...when you use a microphone you need to talk more slowly ,also as it is amplified you do not need to shout!!!!

it's even worse when the sound goes up

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Please, please, stop playing music after a goal. Please.

and right up till the player kicks the ball to start the 2nd half....if the club want more atmosphere from the crowd then turn that damn noise down so the fans might be heard

I am in row K in the East and cannot hear a thing. I didnt even know that music gets played when we score??
    Last edited by Albanian Hibs; 31-10-2016 at 04:37 PM.

let's get Bluetooth headsets, like one o they silent discos!

When the hun, hertz or smellies come the announcer can tell jokes but they'll no know what we're laughing at and get paranoid. Genius!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    No music right before kick off in both halves would allow fans to sing. And definitely stop the music after goals scored. It's the best time for fans creating noise but it gets drowned out by some pop trash!

I'd also get rid of Glory Glory pre kick off but I know I'd be strung up for that