hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fed up moaning - please Hibs sort the tannoy system !

Numberous threads on here over the seasons..

We have even had the stadium announcer Barrie admit it's not fit for purpose.

Can the club please get a proper tannoy system installed.

Would have loved to have heard the words of the skol cup winning team today but couldn't even hear them introduced let alone a word of the interview.

Yes I'm more interested what's happening with the team than the tannoy but it's been so bad for so long they need to sort it as it's not fit for purpose.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Agree 100% I was disappointed not to hear a few words from the first cup winning team in my time if being a Hibbie

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I agree. It is shockingly bad!

Seconded.

First Team Regular HibeeSince82's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: borninhell82
    100% agree. Didn't have a clue what was being said at half time

I barely hear a word from it at the best of times in the East but down in row c today and literally could not make out a single word being said.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I wrote to the club last season about it and pointed out that it was dangerous. In the event of an emergency, fans would not be able to hear instructions. I did not receive a reply.

One thing I did hear announced today was just before kick off when we were all reminded where we were today. Words to the effect of "the largest capacity football stadium in Edinburgh".

About as subtle as a sledgehammer on butter. Nice one!! 😃😃👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wrote to the club last season about it and pointed out that it was dangerous. In the event of an emergency, fans would not be able to hear instructions. I did not receive a reply.
    I have written to the club also and nothing.

If you can't here anything I urge fans to sign this thread and hopefully they will take notice ?!!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Does my tata's in.

Amit reads the forums so hopefully he'll bring it up again when given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Would have loved to have heard the words of the skol cup winning team today but couldn't even hear them introduced let alone a word of the interview.

Yes I'm more interested what's happening with the team than the tannoy but it's been so bad for so long they need to sort it as it's not fit for purpose.

Surely the ''fans reps on the board" should bring this up at the monthly meeting. I am in the East Stand and it is just a garbled noise......so annoying. Surely we are worthy of a reply from our reps!?

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    It's far too loud in the FF. Having to shout to my mate pre kick off.

I would rather have the bliss of the garbled noise in the East. At least I could hear myself think!

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    It's far too loud in the FF. Having to shout to my mate pre kick off.

I would rather have the bliss of the garbled noise in the East. At least I could hear myself think!
    You can't hear anything in east - been this way for seasons and not quite sure how the stadium gets away with it.

The Skol Cup winning squad were there today?

I'm jesting of course but only because I read about it online a few days ago. I had no idea what was being said as they came out at half time and couldn't tell what they were saying either during the interview.

It's awful and I'm in the east stand as well.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Tannoy is dreadful. Fans reps need to bring this up. Get it sorted! Can't be too difficult. Fine at far bigger grounds like Hampden.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Every week, about 10 minutes before kick off, the speaker at the away end of the east turns itself off. Very odd and it happens every single week.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Have you emailed Leeann?

Anyone remember the "wheeltappers and shunters" show. That's what it sounds like. Couldn't understand a word the Skol Cup team were saying.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The Skol Cup winning squad were there today?

I'm jesting of course but only because I read about it online a few days ago. I had no idea what was being said as they came out at half time and couldn't tell what they were saying either during the interview.

It's awful and I'm in the east stand as well.

Echo that it was awful and I cannot believe anybody in the East heard anything audible today at HT

Tannoy was pretty good with SOL at the end of the Hawrts cup tie replay...............

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Have you emailed Leeann?
    Yes and nothing back.

Like others -I don't understand why it's not fixed - been an issue for several seasons and ignored and even the PA guy knows it's bad and admitted on here it wasn't right.

distorted

either the speakers are just rubbish or the microphone is ...either way we get distortion far too often ...when you use a microphone you need to talk more slowly ,also as it is amplified you do not need to shout!!!!

Tannoy is a brand name. What you really mean is public address system.

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Exactly - and seems ok when music is played just people speaking and it's a joke.

@hibs.net private member NRW_Hibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Back of the net!

I'm usually in the East but today in West Upper. The, erm, public address system was equally bad there. No idea what was being said at half time. Or who scored the goals.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by douglashibs View Post
    I'm usually in the East but today in West Upper. The, erm, public address system was equally bad there. No idea what was being said at half time. Or who scored the goals.
    Don't know where you sat in West upper but I am in section 11 and it's totally fine - every week I can hear my numbers NOT come up in the half time draw😁

Fife Hyland and spoke about the PA system at a Working Together meeting. Think that was 2010. He had quotes but the numbers were big - six figures?

When the new East was built was there not a view that the speakers were wrongly sited?

My memory isn't great these days so not certain about these recollections

why not just use a bloody megaphone, its probably going to be about as good.