hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Conor McGregor granted a boxing license? Can't see him fighting Mahweather but you never know..!

Closer to home anyone else heading too the Leith Victoria event on Sunday? Can't wait!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conor McGregor granted a boxing license? Can't see him fighting Mahweather but you never know..!

Closer to home anyone else heading too the Leith Victoria event on Sunday? Can't wait!
    Stranger things have happened, id fight Mayweather for the money that would generate, I think it's just a publicity stunt by McGregor though, he fought a few weeks ago and is probably away for a rest but this keeps everyone talking about him

I think Steve Bunce summed up McGregors chances against Mayweather pretty well in his analysis on the BBC.

I like McGregor, he plays his part well and generates a lot of business for himself as well as the UFC. However his boxing skills are such that he'd be lucky to land a single punch on Mayweather and as Bunce said would probably struggle against about half of the 2000+ licensed welterweight boxers. He's a top MMA fighter, a decent boxer by the standards required in that discipline but he's not a good boxer by boxing standards.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    2 different sports, Mayweather would easily win a boxing match and McGregor would easily win an MMA match. But there's no point in discussing it because it will never happen.

With his license being granted in California it's even more unlikley that any fight between McGregor and mayweather would take place as I'm sure Mayweather would only ever fight in Vegas. Rumour has it...

With his license being granted in California it's even more unlikley that any fight between McGregor and mayweather would take place as I'm sure Mayweather would only ever fight in Vegas. Rumour has it...
    Apparently Vegas refused him one.

No danger Dana white will put his biggest star (by miles) in a position to be shown up the may mayweather won't happen and there are no other names about big enough too compensate the fact that in a boxing ring mcgregor wouldn't even make it to European level never mind world level.

Murat gassiev just beat Denis lebedov for the ibf cruiserweight title in a decent enough fight and a fair result I would say.

Billy Joe Saunders looks awful here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Billy Joe Saunders looks awful here.
    Sure is, really hope it's ring rust with being out for a year, he's usually a really classy fighter as well

Lucky boy. If that had gone the other way then his corner could all have found themselves looking for new jobs. Their compacency and lack of urgency was strange.

Probably just about the right decision but he'll need to get back to his best if he's serious about taking on the big boys in the division.

The boy in his corner was giving shocking advice, well no advice at all really, expect much much better from Saunders than that, he's been honest as ever in his interview though

Michael Katsidis the latest person to be touted as an opponent for/call out McGreggor.

[QUOTE=hibs#1;4872098]Murat gassiev just beat Denis lebedov for the ibf cruiserweight title in a decent enough fight and a fair result I would say.[/QUOTE
    Watched it. I had lebedev winning. Gassiev very good tho

I seem to remember recently a poster mentioned that BoxNation would become free to all BT customers. Can someone advise on if this is still the case and if so, how do I go about upgrading?

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    I seem to remember recently a poster mentioned that BoxNation would become free to all BT customers. Can someone advise on if this is still the case and if so, how do I go about upgrading?
    Is it not in the new year?

[QUOTE=Hiberniankb;4873304]
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Murat gassiev just beat Denis lebedov for the ibf cruiserweight title in a decent enough fight and a fair result I would say.[/QUOTE
    Watched it. I had lebedev winning. Gassiev very good tho

Could have went the other way or a draw was quite close

I don't really score fights when I watch them just go with what I feel I've seen.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    Yes in the new year, boxnation will be part of the BT Sport package.

I suspect that BoxNation will eventually disappear, but that's not based on anything other than a hunch. I used to subscribe to BoxNation but over the piece it was pretty poor. In reality there's no need for a 24/7 boxing channel that mostly shows old, insignificant fights. Sky sports have the balance right and I think BT Sport will follow suit.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Are big fight press conferences stage managed these days, as there always seems to be some kind incident between the fighters. Today we had Chisora throwing a table!

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Are big fight press conferences stage managed these days, as there always seems to be some kind incident between the fighters. Today we had Chisora throwing a table!

Definitely think Eddie hearn encourages the fighters to create a bit controversy
    Think he's been watching mcgregor and the wwe.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Is it not in the new year?
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Yes in the new year, boxnation will be part of the BT Sport package.

I suspect that BoxNation will eventually disappear, but that's not based on anything other than a hunch. I used to subscribe to BoxNation but over the piece it was pretty poor. In reality there's no need for a 24/7 boxing channel that mostly shows old, insignificant fights. Sky sports have the balance right and I think BT Sport will follow suit.

Thanks guys

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    That table looked a bit on the light side but what ever was thrown by the trainer looked to be a heavy object.

Testimonial Due
    It does look a bit staged but I have to admit it's very entertaining!

Do people still pay to watch these PPV events?

Testimonial Due
    Apparently the British boxing board of control are having a meeting today to discuss whether or not the Whyte Chisora fight should go ahead following yesterday's press conference.

Parker just beat Ruiz for the WBO heavyweight title. Close fight but just about the right result. Parker will probably need to step up a gear if he's to win against the elite guys though.
    Last edited by Steve-O; 10-12-2016 at 07:38 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Do people still pay to watch these PPV events?
    Eh? Of course they do. Plenty of folk will find alternative nethods to watch but still lucrative enough.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Never mind the boxing, the PPV tonight would be worth it for Kate Abdo alone!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Conor benn did well in the opening fight, still dont see what the hype is about ortiz mind
    Last edited by kenny.ff; 10-12-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Wow what a finish by buglioni in the last round

Burton Bugglioni was a great fight and what a finish