hibs.net Messageboard

Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 3447

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    C'mon big Tyson.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Can't believe I set my alarm for 0430 to watch it, still I hope Tyson KOs him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wtf! A draw. No way.

That’s a shocking decision.

Unbelievable

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Even with the two knock downs I had Fury by at least two, Mexican judge was a farce

Left by mutual consent!
    115 to 111 Wilder is mental scoring from first judge.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    From the movie Cinderella Man - "They take this long to make a decision, they're gonna decide to screw someone". Fury won that fight, by quite some distance too.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I thought Fury won, but had it very close. Could understand a draw but now way that crazy scorecard by the one judge.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    The Mexican Judge has Wilder 4 up after the first 4 rounds 😂 what a farce

Nowhere near as bad as the ggg canelo draw last year. I reckon Wilder will KO him next time

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the movie Cinderella Man - "They take this long to make a decision, they're gonna decide to screw someone". Fury won that fight, by quite some distance too.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
    Can’t agree with quite some distance. Fair few close rounds. And you can’t expect to be knocked down in 2 separate rounds and be guaranteed a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Can’t agree with quite some distance. Fair few close rounds. And you can’t expect to be knocked down in 2 separate rounds and be guaranteed a win.

The judge that had Wilder 4 points ahead gave the first 4 rounds to him! Can only assume he thought some of those wild windmilling swings made some contact. Would agree a draw probably fair on the basis of the 2 knockdowns mind you.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Just finished watching that fight, in my opinion Fury won it easily even after counting the knock downs. How any judge could give Wilder winning that fight so easily has to be fixed.

Very odd decision.

Sky had my cash out at 80% going into last round so they know who was well ahead. I didn't cash out as I couldn't see any other result that a fury win.

Where will the re-match be? Wembley
    Cougars!!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Very odd decision.

Sky had my cash out at 80% going into last round so they know who was well ahead. I didn't cash out as I couldn't see any other result that a fury win.

Wilder said he thinks America again. He’s still champion so can call the shots really.

What a fight. It had everything and the heavyweight division looks what it should be again; exciting and with real talent at the top.

If Fury keeps in shape and is able to prepare for the rematch with less emphasis on cutting weight I'd fancy him to get the job done. 2 years out the ring, a couple of tune ups and he put in a performance worthy of a championship fight. Credit to Wilder too, he dug in and played to his strengths. When he got the shots off he looked dangerous.

Last night probably made uncomfortable viewing for Joshua and Hearn. He can't dodge the winner of the rematch and I think both are really tough fights for him, particularly Fury.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    What a fight. It had everything and the heavyweight division looks what it should be again; exciting and with real talent at the top.

If Fury keeps in shape and is able to prepare for the rematch with less emphasis on cutting weight I'd fancy him to get the job done. 2 years out the ring, a couple of tune ups and he put in a performance worthy of a championship fight. Credit to Wilder too, he dug in and played to his strengths. When he got the shots off he looked dangerous.

Last night probably made uncomfortable viewing for Joshua and Hearn. He can't dodge the winner of the rematch and I think both are really tough fights for him, particularly Fury.
    Have to agree , Fury and Wilder both looked tough as nails . Fury proved he's still got slick skill and Wilder proved he carries KO power right into the last seconds . AJ has to fight them both or his reputation will take a beating

Think Hearn would prefer Fury because even if AJ loses Hear will have had his mega fight at Wembley and banked millions.

However, you're right, AJ needs to fight both, there's no one else really, he can't hide forever.

Gamer IDs

Very unfair on AJ in my opinion giving it the “cant run forever”, “dodging them” etc. He’s only had 22 professional fights and was a late starter regarding boxing. Fury has not been around for 2 years and before AJ fought Povetkin (a mandatory) he was fighting. Parker to unify the belts. I don’t blame him for taking a few more fights.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Very unfair on AJ in my opinion giving it the “cant run forever”, “dodging them” etc. He’s only had 22 professional fights and was a late starter regarding boxing. Fury has not been around for 2 years and before AJ fought Povetkin (a mandatory) he was fighting. Parker to unify the belts. I don’t blame him for taking a few more fights.

I didn't mean he had dodged them previously. I mean he is now put in a position he has to fight at least one of them. If he doesn't it's got shades of Bowe and Lewis and that has hung over Bowes legacy ever since.

I said previously the way Joshua showed discipline v Parker sould have worried Wilder, equally I think what both fighters showed last night will concern Joshua. Of course he won't say that publicly but that doesn't mean anything.

I think Joshua would rather fight Wilder. Wilder got hit so many times last night. If it had been Joshua hitting him I think it would have been over. On other hand though I don’t think Joshua (or any other heavyweight) bar Fury would have gotten up from that 12th round knockdown.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I'd like to see AJ V Wilder in April on the basis that Fury gets winner for all the belts, a draw might have negated a rematch and Wilder might not fancy it just now imo
    Last edited by Mon Dieu4; 02-12-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I think Joshua would rather fight Wilder. Wilder got hit so many times last night. If it had been Joshua hitting him I think it would have been over. On other hand though I don’t think Joshua (or any other heavyweight) bar Fury would have gotten up from that 12th round knockdown.
    Not sure, sure AJ got up from a big one against Klitschko

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Very odd decision.

The chat was Old Trafford J.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I very much doubt anyone would want to fight Fury. He has the skills to make fighters look slow and cumbersome.

United we stand here....

Fury's journey back over the last 2 years is a inspiration to folk, he stuck to his plan last night, his constant bobbing about is very strange but works so good for him, up until the last round he was cruising the fight, he never once looked tired unlike Wilder who went through a few rounds where he looked knackered, but give him credit he went for it in the last round and put Tyson on the canvas, it looked like the second punch as Tyson was going down had knocked him out and Wilder thought the same, how Tyson got back up I don't know but when he did his legs weren't wobbly and he looked fresh as a daisy and ready to go again, the rematch will be just as good no doubt.

Don't know why but I think Joshua would rather fight Tyson rather than Wilder.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's good to see proper heavyweight boxers fighting rather than beefed up cruiserweights. Tyson Fury is a proper heavyweight at 6ft 9in and 18 stone!

Glad to see Adonis Stevenson has now been moved from critical to stable. Still long way to go but hopefully he makes a full recovery.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Fury's journey back over the last 2 years is a inspiration to folk, he stuck to his plan last night, his constant bobbing about is very strange but works so good for him, up until the last round he was cruising the fight, he never once looked tired unlike Wilder who went through a few rounds where he looked knackered, but give him credit he went for it in the last round and put Tyson on the canvas, it looked like the second punch as Tyson was going down had knocked him out and Wilder thought the same, how Tyson got back up I don't know but when he did his legs weren't wobbly and he looked fresh as a daisy and ready to go again, the rematch will be just as good no doubt.

Don't know why but I think Joshua would rather fight Tyson rather than Wilder.
    Yip he was superb, i never for one moment thought he'd be able to last the distance on the basis of his last two fights.

He looked a pale shadow in those fights, and i thought he would gas out and probably get knocked out later in the fight.

He did the opposite, and looked very fresh all fight, and obviously the knock downs could have made the result different, but he managed to get up and still take the fight to Wilder.