hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 115 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ibf have admitted it was a mistake. Suppose they had to.
    Given that the guy was American and presumably fluent in English I find it hard to believe the mistake wouldn't have been sorted out at the time. It's the most bizarre judging of a fight I've ever seen.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

What's people's thoughts on the world boxing super series?

It's a knockout tournament featuring crusierweights and super middleweights George groves is confirmed and 3 crusierweights including 2 world champs (not even going to try and spell their names)

Similar to the super 6 tournament from a few years back.not sure if the weights are mixed or set a some sort of catchweight.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post

It's a knockout tournament featuring crusierweights and super middleweights George groves is confirmed and 3 crusierweights including 2 world champs (not even going to try and spell their names)

Similar to the super 6 tournament from a few years back.not sure if the weights are mixed or set a some sort of catchweight.
    If they can get more of the big names in then it will be great

Some night of boxing tonight, Barnes, Smith, Rigondeux all before Ward V Kovalev 2

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

I liked the super 6, but that's probably because I was such a big fan of Carl Froch. Anything that makes things a bit more interesting must be good.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The German crowd are a rowdy lot eh!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The German crowd are a rowdy lot eh!

Think the crowd are in the wrong building and are thinking, where's the ballet.

Bunch of boring so & so's

Well that was pretty gash all round, didn't think the German was that great, Callum Smith would knock him out as would Groves or Degale

Hopefully he puts himself into the super series so Groves can spark him

Smith fight was awful.

Controversy over in America however with the ending to ward/kovalev and rigondeux/Flores fights.rematches all round I feel.

Smith fight was awful.

Controversy over in America however with the ending to ward/kovalev and rigondeux/Flores fights.rematches all round I feel.
    Ward was going to be the only winner in that fight, having said that 5 low blows in a fight plus the ref stopping it rather than giving Kovalev a count was shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Ward was going to be the only winner in that fight, having said that 5 low blows in a fight plus the ref stopping it rather than giving Kovalev a count was shocking
    I've only seen the stoppage so I can't comment on the whole fight.but a standing 8 count would have been the right call there?

I've only seen the stoppage so I can't comment on the whole fight.but a standing 8 count would have been the right call there?
    It was pretty even up until the last couple of rounds with Ward taking over, he genuinely hurt Kovalev a couple of times just before the stoppage, Kovalev was looking a bit gassed, I can't see how the ref didn't give a count though, shocking decision just to wave it off

I see the ref has just said this "I stopped the fight due to Kovalev not protecting himself had I saw the shots were low I would not have stopped the fight. My mistake"

Connor benn looks a prospect.defence needs a bit of work but still think he could go far.

Hopefully last night is the last time we see Manny Pacquiao in a ring. The 117-111 scorecard was a joke but he looked very poor for large chunks of the fight.

He's lost 4 of his last 9 and is getting to the stage where he looks like a man who just can't let go. He has other interests and a young family. Probably time to retire whilst still healthy.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Connor benn looks a prospect.defence needs a bit of work but still think he could go far.
    Felt sorry for the boy up against him, taking a fight the day before hand. Agree Benn looked good though.

Callum smith signed up for this now.
    Hope we get him vs groves

Anyone else in Glasgow for the Taylor fight on Saturday?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Anyone else in Glasgow for the Taylor fight on Saturday?
    Yeah heading through with a few pals. Will likely get to a pub on west side of town some time in afternoon, maybe around finnieston area. Hoping for an early finish to make the train home...doors are at 6 so should be ok. Undercard looks weak.

Callum smith signed up for this now.
    Hope we get him vs groves

Eubank jr possibly going into this as well if he beats Abraham.should be an interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Yeah heading through with a few pals. Will likely get to a pub on west side of town some time in afternoon, maybe around finnieston area. Hoping for an early finish to make the train home...doors are at 6 so should be ok. Undercard looks weak.
    I've booked the 1.30am bus.

We got caught last time we were there for the Burns v Zlaticanan fight as there was barely a taxi to be seen and it was just past midnight when we got back to Queen Street. There's a big Wetherspoons at Braehead so we'll just dive in there and hopefully grab a taxi after the crowds start to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've booked the 1.30am bus.

We got caught last time we were there for the Burns v Zlaticanan fight as there was barely a taxi to be seen and it was just past midnight when we got back to Queen Street. There's a big Wetherspoons at Braehead so we'll just dive in there and hopefully grab a taxi after the crowds start to clear.
    I am putting faith in uber. Probably misplaced.

Hope Taylor knocks him out and outboxes him conviccigly beforehand to shut OD's stupid mouth up. I bet Hearn wishes he had JT over OD!

Crolla v burns potentially.

Would be a war.

Well Braehead is as **** as I remember it.

Well done Easton, that was a step up and a great fight to watch

What happened at the Copperbox in London? been switching between Braehead Arena card and BT Sport and just caught some West Ham fans going mental?

Come on Josh!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    What happened at the Copperbox in London? been switching between Braehead Arena card and BT Sport and just caught some West Ham fans going mental?
    Local lad got a doing.so his fans started a riot.

Pretty close start.davies does look very awkward to fight against.

Close opening 2

Davies down in the third.