hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by Brussel Patepy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mikey Garcia has been around for a while. His debute was ten years ago at Featherweight. Last night was his second fight back after a two and a half year lay off due to promotional problems. He has good wins over Orlando Salido (the guy who beat Lomachenko) Juan Manuel Lopez and Rocky Martinez. I'd love to see him fight Lomachenko, and a future fight with Crawford could be made if he goes up to light welterweight in the future. Crawford will likely have moved up to welter by then though. I remember watching his brother and trainer Robert Garcia in the 90's. Cracking fighter to watch was Robert. He was the IBF super featherweight champ for a while in the late 90's. He lost his title eventually to Diego Corrales.
    Yeah heard about him for a while now knew about his promotional problems.watched his fight last night and I was nightly impressed punch perfect and the ko was a heavy one.

I'd like to see luke Campbell fight him would a massive step up for Campbell but I think it would make a great fight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Yeah heard about him for a while now knew about his promotional problems.watched his fight last night and I was nightly impressed punch perfect and the ko was a heavy one.

I'd like to see luke Campbell fight him would a massive step up for Campbell but I think it would make a great fight.
    Yeah, Garcia was very impressive as expected. Zlaticanin was in a bad way.

Luke Campbell has come back well after his loss to Mendy. A fight with Zlaticanin would be a better test for him at this stage in my opinion. Right now Garcia is far too dangerous a fight for Campbell. Garcia's looking for a unification fight next up anyway. There's talk of a fight with WBA champ Jorge Linares already. The other title holders are Robert Easter Jr (IBF) and Terry Flanagan (WBO).

Yeah, Garcia was very impressive as expected. Zlaticanin was in a bad way.

Luke Campbell has come back well after his loss to Mendy. A fight with Zlaticanin would be a better test for him at this stage in my opinion. Right now Garcia is far too dangerous a fight for Campbell. Garcia's looking for a unification fight next up anyway. There's talk of a fight with WBA champ Jorge Linares already. The other title holders are Robert Easter Jr (IBF) and Terry Flanagan (WBO).

Of course it would be a very dangerous fight for Campbell.
    Just one I'd like to watch.
    Can't say I've seen easter so don't know how good he is,
    Think he'd comfortably beat Flanagan think Linares will win his rematch again but I'd fancy garcia against both of them.

Of course it would be a very dangerous fight for Campbell.
    Just one I'd like to watch.
    Can't say I've seen easter so don't know how good he is,
    Think he'd comfortably beat Flanagan think Linares will win his rematch again but I'd fancy garcia against both of them.
    I've only watched highlight of Easter Jr myself. He's a tall rangy lightweight standing at 5' 11" and has a 76 reach. He reminds me of Paul Williams.

I agree.

Gutted for Selby that his fight was called off at such short notice. Unclear what the issue was something to do with blood work. One rumour going about is that he had hepatitis! If that's true crazy how that wasn't picked up on until the weigh ins.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Eubank fight PPV on ITV but on Virgin you can't get it if you just have bog standard Vbox. Gutted as I am at my Dad's so no chance of seeing it then!

First Team Breakthrough
    I dont know anyone who has booked this. I think the fact his dad is a tit and acting up at every opertunity is going to have a negative effect on his career. No doubt he has talent but calling out ggg then not taking the fight shows what he feels he can actualy do

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Eubank fight PPV on ITV but on Virgin you can't get it if you just have bog standard Vbox. Gutted as I am at my Dad's so no chance of seeing it then!
    Can you get it on the virgin zgemma box and if so what channel.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Can you get it on the virgin zgemma box and if so what channel.
    I'm watching it on Kodi using the Sportsmania add-on. Sportsmania isn't free but it's cheap.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Sportsmania have a 4k picture and an HD one tonight for this fight, its quality on my tv tonight.

This lad Chris Kongo looks like a big hitter, not sure how good that opponent was, but Kongo was clearly a few steps above.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Sportsmania have a 4k picture and an HD one tonight for this fight, its quality on my tv tonight.
    I only have a HD tv. The hd stream is a bit grainy but the 4K stream is bang on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

I'm watching it on Kodi using the Sportsmania add-on. Sportsmania isn't free but it's cheap.
    £12.95 for this one fight, or £26 for 6 months of all sports. No comparison.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    We're all hoping Eubank Jnr loses tonight right?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    We're all hoping Eubank Jnr loses tonight right?
    Tough one. I really like him as a fighter. But him and his dad are a pair of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I only have a HD tv. The hd stream is a bit grainy but the 4K stream is bang on

Yip the 4k stream is top notch, although i'd fancy Katie Price to beat David Price, i know they need to make a living but this is just poor.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Tough one. I really like him as a fighter. But him and his dad are a pair of idiots.

I think he's a cracking fighter as well. And could have a great career. If he doesn't let his Dad ruin i that ist!

Think Eubank snr is actually the reason I want him to lose. Which isn't actually fair on him.

FFS surely it's time now for Price to retire?

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I like David Price as a bloke but to gas out after 3 rounds when you are a professional is shocking

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    FFS surely it's time now for Price to retire?
    Really really poor from him. Better fighter, landed the better punches but had no energy levels. His cardio preparation clearly very poor. Hammer is not a heavyweight boxer.

Why do they keep saying people are former undefeated like that means anything, I'm currently underfeated at super middleweight too

Gamer IDs

Fantastic round there!

Gamer IDs

Totally deserved. Great boxing performance. Still don't like his patter much.

Shouldn't have been stopped imo, Eubank really needs to fight someone whos better than domestic level to see if he is any good, he's done it once and got schooled by Saunders, he's had the chance to fight GGG and shat it, it's one thing to throw all these punches against someone who doesn't punch back

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Shouldn't have been stopped imo, Eubank really needs to fight someone whos better than domestic level to see if he is any good, he's done it once and got schooled by Saunders, he's had the chance to fight GGG and shat it, it's one thing to throw all these punches against someone who doesn't punch back
    Who wouldn't ***** it from GGG?! He's on a different level! I agree though. The boy tonight looked hand picked to raise the Eubank stock. Still think he boxed well.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Who wouldn't ***** it from GGG?! He's on a different level! I agree though. The boy tonight looked hand picked to raise the Eubank stock. Still think he boxed well.
    he called GGG out though, went on and on about it then when the offers there he shat it, you can only beat who's in front of you, but if he thinks he would beat any of Degale, Groves or Smith then he's having a laugh

Eubank Jr clearly has natural talent but he still has a lot of technical flaws. His defence isn't great and he's really open when he throws those wild hooks and uppercuts. He doesn't have a lot of power but to counter that he's strong and seems pretty durable. He's good but no where near as good as his dad Sr makes him out to be. An elite fighter will hit him lots and be able block and move out of the way of his shots very easily imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    It's typical of the UK casual boxing fan to buy the hype and get over excited over one of their own beating on B class opposition. I can't see Eubank Jr amounting to much once he steps up in class. His vulnerabilities are obvious even at this level so he'll be carefully matched. No way they ever put him in with GGG.

I like big David price but that was embarrassing time to call it quits.eubank Jr is a funny one looks really good but none of these fights he has had are of a high quality

Don't think he would trouble any of the big guys in the super middleweight division.degale would be too slick and catch him with counter punches all night.callum smith and George groves would be too powerful for him.

Never mind stepping up to light heavy haha

I like big David price but that was embarrassing time to call it quits.eubank Jr is a funny one looks really good but none of these fights he has had are of a high quality

Don't think he would trouble any of the big guys in the super middleweight division.degale would be too slick and catch him with counter punches all night.callum smith and George groves would be too powerful for him.

Never mind stepping up to light heavy haha
    Price doesn't know how to fight for a guy of his size. He should be taking control of the center of the ring and keeping his oppents at bay using his jab. His jab is pathetic for a man of his size, reach and power. When he's in the clinch he should be using his strength and force his weight on his opponents to tire them out Wlad Klitschko style, but he seems to allow himself to be forced back by much smaller men. The main problems Price has is poor ring IQ and serious stamina issues. He gasses out ridiculously easily and doesn't have a clue how to deal with pressure. As you said he should hang them up now.