hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Boxing!

See a few different threads at times about boxing so thought we could maybe have one mega thread?current fights future fights? Any gossip,favourite ever fight/fighters?

I see degale has got his unification match against badou jack should be a good fight fancy degale to win then,dunno where that would leave callum smith as I'm sure he's been jacks mandatory for while now?smiths a fighter I rate really highly.

Also see Joshua/klistckho is off till next year,think hearn will pick big David price for his December fight

2. Log in to remove the advert

http://www.skysports.com/watch/boxing-on-sky

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-schedule/

lots of live boxing before the end of the year, quality card in Monaco in a few weeks luiz ortiz making his matchroom debut against Malik Scott really looking forward to seeing King Kong in what is a really stacked card.

Kovalev vs Ward is a fight I've been looking forward to all year. Massive massive night in vegas.

Lomachenko vs Walters is another I'm looking forward to.

👊

Bernard Hopkins has his final fight in December as well.

A genuine all time great and to still be as conpetitive as he was/is at his age is unbelievable.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Also see Frampton has signed to fight santa cruz again should be a good one aswell

Also has anyone seen Diego de la hoya(nephew of the great Oscar) fight?

Would really recommend to any boxing fan out there to subscribe to ifl tv on you tube. Interviews from boxers basically on a daily basis. Plus weekly hour long Eddie Hearn interviews. Really good 👍

@hibs.net private member
    I'd really like to go to Las Vegas for one of the big fights , preferably a Hibbie but I would settle for a Scottish/British fighter
    Last edited by lucky; 26-10-2016 at 05:50 AM.

Testimonial Due
    I'm booked to go down to Manchester on the 10th of December for Anthony Joshua's fight. Was obviously gutted that he won't be fighting Klitschko, but the undercard will be a lot better now that it's defintely not Klitschko.

As a previous poster mentioned, IFL tv on YouTube is a must for any UK boxing fan.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IFL tv on YouTube is a must for any UK boxing fan.
    Hearns Eubank Sr impressions are immense

Joshua will knock over some mismatched can on December 10th, likely Molina or Price and then fight Klitschko in April next year, it'll make an obscene amount of cash. Hoping for Brook v Khan next year as well as Canelo v GGG and fights between Haye, Joshua, Fury, Wilder and Parker would be good to get the heavyweight division up and running again.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Hearns Eubank Sr impressions are immense

Joshua will knock over some mismatched can on December 10th, likely Molina or Price and then fight Klitschko in April next year, it'll make an obscene amount of cash. Hoping for Brook v Khan next year as well as Canelo v GGG and fights between Haye, Joshua, Fury, Wilder and Parker would be good to get the heavyweight division up and running again.
    They are pretty funny I have to say 😂, he done a good one of Kell Brook as well.

Canelo v GGG is the biggest fight in world boxing at the moment. Should be awesome if/when it happens. Kovalev v Ward is the biggest upcoming fight at the moment and I think it's on sky sports (although it will be at a ridiculous time in the morning!)

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Keith Thurman v Danny Garcia in March should be a cracker

What are people's thoughts on Eddie hearn? I quite like him and like other people said the ifl TV interviews with him.are pretty good

Just don't like the added ppvs on top of my sky subscription particularly as they aren't always needed

First Team Breakthrough
    I like eddie hearn, dont get all the posh boy haters. The guy works hard and knows how to put in a good card. I dont care who hoshua fights on dec 10 i will buy the ppv anyway, love seeing the guy in action, personaly cant see anyone in the devision coming close to him

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny.ff View Post
    I like eddie hearn, dont get all the posh boy haters. The guy works hard and knows how to put in a good card. I dont care who hoshua fights on dec 10 i will buy the ppv anyway, love seeing the guy in action, personaly cant see anyone in the devision coming close to him
    Hearn comes across as a bit of a dick in some interviews imo. I agree though that he works hard and does communicate well with the fans on Twitter, ifl tv etc. I used to share your opinion of him but it changed after Joshua won the IBF belt against Charles Martin. His interview following that fight showed him up as an arrogant arse.

Regarding Joshua, it's still too early to say how good he is. He hasn't fought anyone with a decent pedigree. His toughest fight so far was against Dillian Whyte who imo is very average, and that fight showed that Joshua is not as indestructible as some might think. He has great speed and power but his lack of head movement and potentially weak chin might be his downfall against the stronger opposition in the HW division. Hope I'm wrong.

How much is a ticket for a live bout?

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    How much is a ticket for a live bout?
    Depends where you want to sit and who's fighting.

For a Ricky Bruns fight at the Hydro or SECC you'll pay £200+ ringside, £65-£85 for the floor and gradually cheaper the further from the ring you get.

I tried to get tickets for Frampton v Quigg in Manchester and that was quite a bit more expensive across the board.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    I tried to get tickets for Brook v GGG. At face value they were wanting £60 for the tickets at the very back and around £500 for the floor if I remember correctly. Tickets sold out in around 10 minutes though and all the cheap tickets were gone first. Matchroom boxing unashamedly promote Stub hub as a ticket seller. So if you're really desperate to go, you can still pay 2 or 3 times the face value on that joke of a website.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I see that Joshua's next fight is Molina, I expect him to win but suppose it's interesting to see how he does since it took Wilder 9 rounds to dispose of him, Whyte v Chisora should have comedy build up as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I see that Joshua's next fight is Molina, I expect him to win but suppose it's interesting to see how he does since it took Wilder 9 rounds to dispose of him, Whyte v Chisora should have comedy build up as well
    Yeah chisora vs whyte should be giggle don't think there will be much quality boxing on show right enough,

It's a bit of step up for Joshua but still fancy him inside 6 rounds comfortably.

Early odds for both fights:

Chisora - 7/4, Whyte 4/9
    Joshua - 1/50, Molina - 14/1

Hardly tempting although I fancy Chisora to go close against Whyte.

Testimonial Due
    I have train tickets to go down to Manchester on the 9th of December returning on the 11th. But having seen this card and the extortionate hotel prices in Manchester I've decided not to bother with it. If anyone wants bargain train tickets for those dates let me know.

Poor main event and there's nothing on that undercard that excites me. The build up to Whyte v chisora will be far more entertaining than the fight itself.

The WBA have ordered Joshua and klitschko to fight for their super version and lucas browne and Shannon briggs to fight for the regular version.
    I wonder where this leaves David haye doesn't seem like many ways for him to go at the minute,the bellew might actually happen.

Testimonial Due
    Seen an interview with Eddie Hearn and he says Haye will probably look to fight the winner of Parker v Ruiz for the WBO title. That's a fair bit away though, so as you say he might go for the Bellew fight in the meantime.

Can't really get myself up for Joshua/molina tbh .. and whyte/chisora will be probably be a 12rnd hugfest.. the build up will be more entertaining than the fight itself.. pretty poor card that should just be on normal sky sports can't see me buying this one folks

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Can't really get myself up for Joshua/molina tbh .. and whyte/chisora will be probably be a 12rnd hugfest.. the build up will be more entertaining than the fight itself.. pretty poor card that should just be on normal sky sports can't see me buying this one folks
    Is it just me or is the quality of PPV boxing getting worse. That card is nowhere near good enough for a PPV.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Is it just me or is the quality of PPV boxing getting worse. That card is nowhere near good enough for a PPV.
    Watch this interview of Hearn attempting to justify the PPV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrurnvdy5E

A load of pish basically, and trying to say Joshua is the biggest star in world boxing right now 😂😂😂. Also, watch him try to keep a straight face when saying that Molina is a good fighter with a good record.

Don't see what the problem is with sticking this on normal sky and doing away with this 'great undercard', which is actually very poor. Everyone who has sky sports already pays a subscription fee and asking them to pay £17 on top of that for a single night of boxing with a poor card is robbery imo.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 03-11-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Spot on mate. All about the ££££££££ for matchroom and Eddie Hearn. Every fight for a title seem to be on box office these days.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Watch this interview of Hearn attempting to justify the PPV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrurnvdy5E

A load of pish basically, and trying to say Joshua is the biggest star in world boxing right now 😂😂😂. Also, watch him try to keep a straight face when saying that Molina is a good fighter with a good record.

Don't see what the problem is with sticking this on normal sky and doing away with this 'great undercard', which is actually very poor. Everyone who has sky sports already pays a subscription fee and asking them to pay £17 on top of that for a single night of boxing with a poor card is robbery imo.
    I agree absolutely no need for this one to be on ppv fair enough the klitscho fight but this one just screams money grabbing to me

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I didn't realise the pac man was still going. I'm watching box nation and his next fight is on tonight. It's going to be a struggle to stay awake, but I'm now a man on a mission.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I didn't realise the pac man was still going. I'm watching box nation and his next fight is on tonight. It's going to be a struggle to stay awake, but I'm now a man on a mission.
    He retired and then came back. All he talks about is Mayweather so think he's chasing that rematch. Tbh I'm not sure there's the demand for it and I don't think Mayweather has shown much desire to end this retirement.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He retired and then came back. All he talks about is Mayweather so think he's chasing that rematch. Tbh I'm not sure there's the demand for it and I don't think Mayweather has shown much desire to end this retirement.
    Can't see any point in a rematch myself. Floyd schooled him in the first match and I couldn't see a rematch panning out any differently. If they'd fought 5-6 years ago then perhaps Pacman would've stood a better chance. But his style of fighting means he was past his prime a few years ago, whereas Floyd's style could probably see him boxing at elite level for a good few years yet. Pacquiao was never the same after that brutal ko from Marquez. Still an excellent technical boxer, but lost that edge that put him on the same level as Mayweather.