hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 812

Thread: Boxing!

  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yarde was really impressive as well. Iím not sure about the walk on though
    Yeah wasn't very great 😂


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Yarde but until he is in with someone like Burton or Bugglioni it's hard to say just how good he is
    I like yarde as well think he beats both burton and buglioni just now.dont think he would trouble many of the top 10 in the world just yet.that was only his 14th fight so still early in his career.

  4. #543
    Farcical that this idiot has turned up 6 pound over weight.. should have his purse halved..

  5. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Farcical that this idiot has turned up 6 pound over weight.. should have his purse halved..
    Can't win the title now probably get some kind of fine/deduction always amazes me that professional athletes can get their weight wrong.

  6. #545
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't win the title now probably get some kind of fine/deduction always amazes me that professional athletes can get their weight wrong.
    I was watching a bit of the build up yesterday and his team are saying that they weren’t aware of the rules about the weigh in. I’ve no idea what they meant by that. I’m looking forward to a bit of verbals between Selby and Warrington after the fight.
    Last edited by lord bunberry; 09-12-2017 at 08:28 PM.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  7. #546
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was watching a bit of the build up yesterday and his team are saying that they werenít aware of the rules about the weigh in. Iíve no idea what they meant by that. Iím looking forward to a bit of verbals between Selby and Warrington after the fight.
    the British board of control make you be a certain weight by certain dates throughout the camp so they know you've made the weight safely, he was about 9 pounds over at that point, I'm not sure all governing bodies have the same rule so perhaps he didn't know and was going to crash it all in the last couple of days

  8. #547
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the British board of control make you be a certain weight by certain dates throughout the camp so they know you've made the weight safely, he was about 9 pounds over at that point, I'm not sure all governing bodies have the same rule so perhaps he didn't know and was going to crash it all in the last couple of days
    I thought it must be something like that. Frank Warren was really annoyed about it.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  9. #548
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Iíve watched a fair bit of the build up to the degale fight, and it must be a bit of a concern that he was told his shoulder wonít be 100% for another few months. Truax probably wonít be be good enough to trouble him though.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  10. #549
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Degale is all over the place here.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  11. #550
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    What a round that was. Excellent stuff.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  12. #551
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Truax by one on my scorecard.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  13. #552
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Iíve got Truax by one round going into the last round. Degale needs a big round here.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  14. #553
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    I’ve got that dead level. Good fight whowever wins.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  15. #554
    Too close to call. Think Truax might have nicked it but you often really have to win a world title away from home so draw or close for Degale wouldn't shock me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  16. #555
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    I canít argue with that decision, although the last judge giving it to Truax by four rounds was a bit out.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  17. #556
    How wrong was I? 4 rounds and 3 rounds for Truax seems wide to me though.

    Back to the drawing board for Degale now, not in the Super Series and not sure he'll be on Groves or Eubanks radar without a world title to bring to the table. I've never really take to Degale so can't say I'm too upset tbh.

  18. #557
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How wrong was I? 4 rounds and 3 rounds for Truax seems wide to me though.

    Back to the drawing board for Degale now, not in the Super Series and not sure he'll be on Groves or Eubanks radar without a world title to bring to the table. I've never really take to Degale so can't say I'm too upset tbh.
    Suppose it depends on how the super series goes, for the loser of Groves V Eubank then Degale will probably still be the biggest payday for all involved unless he has a rematch clause
    Last edited by Mon Dieu4; 09-12-2017 at 10:11 PM.

  19. #558
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Degaleís biggest problem now is that he isnít in the super series. He might get a rematch, but even if he wins heís not going to get a fight thatís going to capture the imagination.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  20. #559
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Anyone watching the Evander Holyfield documentary on BT sports. What a brilliant fighter he was. Growing up he was my favourite heavyweight fighter, in a time that we were spoiled for choice in the heavyweight division. It really was a golden time for boxing as we had the ultra competitive super middleweight division over here.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  21. #560
    Comfortable win for Billy Joe Saunders again last night/this morning.

    When he is in the mood and fit then he's close to the best boxer Britain currently has for me. He's called out Golovkin again and I'd like to see him get his chance.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  22. #561
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comfortable win for Billy Joe Saunders again last night/this morning.

    When he is in the mood and fit then he's close to the best boxer Britain currently has for me. He's called out Golovkin again and I'd like to see him get his chance.
    Finally got round to watching this after a rough weekend, that was some performance and like you say when he's on it then he's really on it, Ingle seems like a great match for him

  23. #562
    Amir Khan signed with matchroom today. He is an entertaining fighter to watch even if he is a gob*****.

  24. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amir Khan signed with matchroom today. He is an entertaining fighter to watch even if he is a gob*****.
    I'm glad about this to be honest, hope he gets some big fights under Hearn.

  25. #564
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    36
    Posts
    20,067
    Word over here for several weeks is that the Parker v Joshua fight will be announced soon, probably for the end of March.

  26. #565
    Same over here. Unification fight in Cardiff march 31st

  27. #566
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    36
    Posts
    20,067
    Parker en route to London now apparently. Maybe an announcement this week.

    Slightly concerning that heís not even training for the fight as yet...

  28. #567
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parker en route to London now apparently. Maybe an announcement this week.

    Slightly concerning that heís not even training for the fight as yet...
    Confirmed now.

  29. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Confirmed now.
    Will try for tickets again, every previous AJ fight we've missed out.

  30. #569
    Testimonial Due Hiberniankb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    1,544
    What an opportunity for Joe Parker. Biggest night of his life, I hope he does it.

  31. #570
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What an opportunity for Joe Parker. Biggest night of his life, I hope he does it.
    He'll have to step up big time on his last couple of performances if he's going to be competitive.

    I think his style will suit Joshua and can see a late stoppage or wide points.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved