hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 115 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Brook could see or was maybe seeing double, looked like his left eye wouldn't stay open.

Well done Spence, doesn't even look like he has been in a fight, Brook should consider retirement after that, both eyes now been badly damaged in last 2 fights.
    It was building up then a limp finish. But Brook was proper injured no question.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well done Errol Spence Jnr, a star was born tonight

I don't think Brook could see or was maybe seeing double, looked like his left eye wouldn't stay open.

Well done Spence, doesn't even look like he has been in a fight, Brook should consider retirement after that, both eyes now been badly damaged in last 2 fights.
    No to sure silver I think spencer will go on and prove to be a top top fighter. I think brook is still up there just the better man won on night but time will tell. But how good to see 2 fighters toe to toe trying to win both should be proud hopefully brook can come back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    No to sure silver I think spencer will go on and prove to be a top top fighter. I think brook is still up there just the better man won on night but time will tell. But how good to see 2 fighters toe to toe trying to win both should be proud hopefully brook can come back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The commentary team after the fight were maybe hinting that Brook bottled it by going down on his knee, he was obviously struggling to see or was thinking of his last fight and thinking his eyesight is more important to him, Spence was very good tonight and a star in the making, I would actually like to see Khan vs Spence, could be a good fight, as for Brook, I'm not sure he will fight again, yes he is a warrior but in away he did bottle it, he could have continued and hoped for a miracle that he throws a punch that connects and knocks Spence out or he goes out fighting and get ko'd himself would have been the braver ending for Brook.

Delighted for George Groves. I've followed his career since his 1st fight and talked him up before the 1st Froch fight when he was dismissed as a gimme defence for Froch. I actually think he is on the downward curve now but he's won a legitimate world title and no one can take that away from him.

Brook was clearly injured. The commentary hinting he bottled it was poor. You would think they would be a bit more careful considering Jim Watt accused Gerald McLellan of showing 'a lack of heart' many years ago shortly before he collapsed and suffered serious brain damage. Brook has had a good career and I hope he does the right thing for him and his family whatever that turns out to be. Spence lived up to the hype and looked the real deal in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Delighted for George Groves. I've followed his career since his 1st fight and talked him up before the 1st Froch fight when he was dismissed as a gimme defence for Froch. I actually think he is on the downward curve now but he's won a legitimate world title and no one can take that away from him.

Brook was early injured. The commentary hinting he bottled it was poor. You would think they would be a bit more careful considering Jim Watt accused Gerald McLellan of showing 'a lack of heart' many years ago shortly before he collapsed and suffered serious brain damage. Brook has had a good career and I gooe he does the right thing for him and his family whatever that turns out to be. Spence lived up to the hype and looked the real deal in there.
    Good post.

Brook's career has been terribly mismanaged. For such a talented fighter his resume has been poor. You can't go from fighting guys like Bizier and Frankie Gavin to moving up two weights to fight an elite fighter like GGG.

A fight like Vargas would have been perfect for Brook instead of GGG but Eddie didn't wanna put up the money for it.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Brook's career has been terribly mismanaged. For such a talented fighter his resume has been poor. You can't go from fighting guys like Bizier and Frankie Gavin to moving up two weights to fight an elite fighter like GGG.

A fight like Vargas would have been perfect for Brook instead of GGG but Eddie didn't wanna put up the money for it.
    I dunno. He did fairly well in both fights but ended up hurt. Takes too many jabs for me.

That's me sorted for floor tickets for Taylor Davies. Should be a great fight. Also the previous issues with taxis after will hopefully be resolved by the magic of uber

Anyone watching on sky tonight Mike perez made his debut at cruiserweight and it lasts a whole 30 seconds or something 🙄

Paul hyland jnr just absolutely destroys a guy in the 1st round.somone who had never been stopped in 20 odd fights.impressive

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I'm watching. I like Burnett, up until now he's looked a class apart, be interesting to see how he handles the step up here

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Anyone watching on sky tonight Mike perez made his debut at cruiserweight and it lasts a whole 30 seconds or something 🙄
    That was a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I'm watching. I like Burnett, up until now he's looked a class apart, be interesting to see how he handles the step up here
    Very intriguing fight does seem rather early for Burnett.but I'm not a huge fan of fighters just padding out their record for the sake of it.even if he does lose he's still plenty young enough to come back again.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Burnett looks good, but he does keep his hands quite low. I can see him taking a few shots with that style.

United we stand here....

Burnett started well.both now cut.

Burnetts hand speed is impressive so far

That looks quite a bad cut on Burnett's head.

United we stand here....

That was a great round

This has been as one sided as you'll see. Burnett has been in total control.

United we stand here....

A split decision when the other two cards are 119 - 107 😂😂😂

A split decision? Ffs!
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The American judge wants put to sleep for that card

A split decision ffs. That is absolutely unbelievable, that must be a mistake surely. Haskins didn't win a round.

United we stand here....

Burnett was excellent could be a real star.in only his 16th fight.

Split decision?😂😂😂Haskins was tough to see it out,but he was never in the fight.

We must all be casuals, real boxing fans ken whats gon oan.

United we stand here....

Judge won't be getting invited back to judge another fight in this country.

Judge won't be getting invited back to judge another fight in this country.
    That geezer seemed to think it wasn't a mistake. Maybe the judge had a bet on Haskins.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That geezer seemed to think it wasn't a mistake. Maybe the judge had a bet on Haskins.

The reporter led with the question about it being a mistake from the the USA judge, the geezer didn't seem to think so and was going to be a busy guy on Monday with his complaints about the judge, the geezer was not a happy guy and his comments about the judge will never be invited back to the UK made me think that there was something dodgy going on in the betting market with the outcome of the fight.

Even though Burnett won most if not all rounds it was still a good brave fight from both boxers, if i got a cut like that in a fight i would be looking for a white towel being thrown in the air I would be waiting in the car park with a baseball bat to even things up only kidding

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40240862

Former two-weight world champion Carl Frampton insists stablemate Josh Taylor will go on to become Scotland's finest boxer since Ken Buchanan.

"At times he's hot-headed and he likes to have a fight when he doesn't need to - the William Wallace comes out in him. If Josh can remain disciplined in the ring and stick to the game-plan, there's not a fighter in Britain at the minute that can touch him."

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Ibf have admitted it was a mistake. Suppose they had to.