hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Testimonial Due
    I haven't seen much of Hughie Fury, but from what I have seen it's clear that he's from the same stable as Tyson. He needs a fight like this to prove himself. I can't remember anyone making much fuss about Tyson until he beat Wlad, so this could be exactly what Hughie needs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parker v Hughie Fury seems to be on the table for April. Talks well underway apparently.
    Likely to be in New Zealand

Freddie Roach quoted in the Record (I know, I know) as saying Manny Pacquiao could come to the UK this year and Ricky Burns is a possible opponent.

Can't see it and it would be lucky to go 3 rounds but big payday and a great opportunity for Burns.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Hughie Fury is a phenomenal talent and will beat Parker.

His footwork , boxing brain and shot selection and variety for a heavyweight are second to none (including his cousin) and certainly miles better than Joseph Parker. He is not a massive puncher for a heavyweight and Parker can dig but I can see Fury fighting on the outside and dominating the fight. Parker's stamina has also looked suspect in a couple of fights.

He is the polar opposite of Tyson in terms of personality which may hinder his marketability but as a pure boxer he has huge potential.

Freddie Roach quoted in the Record (I know, I know) as saying Manny Pacquiao could come to the UK this year and Ricky Burns is a possible opponent.

Can't see it and it would be lucky to go 3 rounds but big payday and a great opportunity for Burns.
    Eddie Hearn was on Twitter yesterday saying there is no truth in this. Ricky Burns next fight is getting announced on Wednesday.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Degale V Jack tonight, should be a decent fight, if they both perform to their maximum I think Deagle will win, sets up a couple of big fights with Smith and Groves which would be great, also looking forward to seeing Pedrosa again on the undercard

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Degale V Jack tonight, should be a decent fight, if they both perform to their maximum I think Deagle will win, sets up a couple of big fights with Smith and Groves which would be great, also looking forward to seeing Pedrosa again on the undercard
    Is this Sky Sports?

I see Canelo v Chavez jr has been signed for 6th May. Another catchweight for Canelo......
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Is this Sky Sports?

I see Canelo v Chavez jr has been signed for 6th May. Another catchweight for Canelo......
    Sky sports 1 at 2am

I seriously think Canello is waiting on Golovkins age catching up on him before he entertains that fight, he's being a bit of a pussy about it imo

First 2 fights have been excellent, will let the people who have not done an all nighter watch it before I spoil them and talk about it

Degale up next

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Great fight, gutted with the decision as had Degale on points but can't argue with the draw. Mayweather is a complete prick. Needs to be centre of attention. Can't believe Sky cut off the programme mid interview and with very little post fight reaction. Expect better from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Great fight, gutted with the decision as had Degale on points but can't argue with the draw. Mayweather is a complete prick. Needs to be centre of attention. Can't believe Sky cut off the programme mid interview and with very little post fight reaction. Expect better from them.
    Fair enough result and you could have made a case for it going either way and it wouldn't have been a shock, Mayweather really is a complete ********

Was a great fight. Agree about mayweather , everything is about him. Sky really should have stuck with the interview not like they have anything else on at this time that can't start late. Would love to see a rematch but can't see it happening.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Was a great fight. Agree about mayweather , everything is about him. Sky really should have stuck with the interview not like they have anything else on at this time that can't start late. Would love to see a rematch but can't see it happening.
    Mayweather clearly doesn't want the rematch so it won't happen. Fine, plenty big fights to be made in this division without Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Mayweather clearly doesn't want the rematch so it won't happen. Fine, plenty big fights to be made in this division without Jack.
    I'd rather see Callum Smith get his shot than a rematch, he seems to have been waiting an age for it, big domestic fight with a better atmosphere over here

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Was worried for DeGale in the 12th, but thought he was comfortable in every other round. I was disappointed in Jack complaining after the fight that chunky kept running away from him - being quick, slick and savvy does not equal running away. I agree with others; Mayweather was annoying as a fighter, but he is nauseating as a "promoter".

I'd rather see Callum Smith get his shot than a rematch, he seems to have been waiting an age for it, big domestic fight with a better atmosphere over here
    I'm sure smith is mandatory for WBC which I think they will go for 1st especially if jack moves up a weight.

Not usually a fan of De Ga!e but that was a great fight. Could be a vintage year for boxing.

Had to laugh at Jack moaning about Degale "running away " sure his promoter did that for a lot of his fights.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    excuse my ignorance but how did it end up a draw, 2 judges had it all square and one had a win for degale, surely degale won? i dont really know how it works

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    excuse my ignorance but how did it end up a draw, 2 judges had it all square and one had a win for degale, surely degale won? i dont really know how it works
    Goes to the majority desicion 2 v 1 for a draw

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Goes to the majority desicion 2 v 1 for a draw
    ahh, makes sense!!

Frank Warren has today announced details of his upcoming shows now also live on bt sport.between sky,bt and itv now back in the fray going to be plenty of live boxing over the next year good to see for fans and fighters.

Really looking forward to this weekend, Taylor, Selby, Garcia, zlaticanin, Santa Cruz and Frampton is a great card

That card looks superb. Both Selby and Frampton are incredible fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    That card looks superb. Both Selby and Frampton are incredible fighters.
    Hopefully Selby and Frampton both win and we can get that fight later in the year aswell.

Looking forward to seeing mikey garcia this weekend supposedly the real deal.

Another win for Taylor, harder fight for him but the guy he was fighting had some chin

What a fight between Framtpon and Santa Cruz. Very close again and they have to do the trilogy now.

Thought that was the right outcome, could happily watch them fight every week and not get bored, a rematch in Belfast will be great if it happens

Just watched the re run of last nights fight & a very intelligent shift from Santa Cruz utilising his longer jab very well.
    Crampton held his own but a fair result imo

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Hopefully Selby and Frampton both win and we can get that fight later in the year aswell.

Looking forward to seeing mikey garcia this weekend supposedly the real deal.
    Mikey Garcia has been around for a while. His debute was ten years ago at Featherweight. Last night was his second fight back after a two and a half year lay off due to promotional problems. He has good wins over Orlando Salido (the guy who beat Lomachenko) Juan Manuel Lopez and Rocky Martinez. I'd love to see him fight Lomachenko, and a future fight with Crawford could be made if he goes up to light welterweight in the future. Crawford will likely have moved up to welter by then though. I remember watching his brother and trainer Robert Garcia in the 90's. Cracking fighter to watch was Robert. He was the IBF super featherweight champ for a while in the late 90's. He lost his title eventually to Diego Corrales.