hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No worries, I didn't think you were offended, I realised you were talking about others who could be. I have a lot of relatives who are practicing roman catholics in ROI and while I recognise they get some positives from their beliefs and it would never be my intention to offend them or others with my opinions about the faith, the bigger picture is that Christianity exerts disproportionate influence on lives across the british Isles.

I'm much more concerned about defending democracy personally. At the moment that is actively being blocked (in my opinion) by religious interference in Northern Ireland in the case of having a vote on whether or not to allow gay marriage.

I really don't think that is the bigger picture. The bigger picture is the right of individuals to practice their faiths (or none), their sexualities, and their cultures free of the external and very often ignorant commentaries and prescriptions of others. That's not a dig at you, it is a wider comment/observation.

I would place the disproportionate influence of Christianity across the British Isles a very significant distance behind that of, in no particular order:

1. Newspapers
    2. Social media
    3. Television
    4. Advertising industry
    5. Music industry
    6. Cinema
    7. Celebrities
    8. Politicians
    9. Apple and Amazon
    10. Trade Unions
    11. Large corporate industry

The central and core message of Christianity is love. Everything else is embellishment - both right and wrong. What are the central and core messages of the organisations I have listed?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I really don't think that is the bigger picture. The bigger picture is the right of individuals to practice their faiths (or none), their sexualities, and their cultures free of the external and very often ignorant commentaries and prescriptions of others. That's not a dig at you, it is a wider comment/observation.

I would place the disproportionate influence of Christianity across the British Isles a very significant distance behind that of, in no particular order:

1. Newspapers
    2. Social media
    3. Television
    4. Advertising industry
    5. Music industry
    6. Cinema
    7. Celebrities
    8. Politicians
    9. Apple and Amazon
    10. Trade Unions

The central and core message of Christianity is love. Everything else is embellishment - both right and wrong. What are the central and core messages of the organisations I have listed?
    Christianity absolutely does exert disproportionate influence, effectively interfering with democratic process at times, where I live.
    Last edited by Mr White; 28-10-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

1. Newspapers
    2. Social media
    3. Television
    4. Advertising industry
    5. Music industry
    6. Cinema
    7. Celebrities
    8. Politicians
    9. Apple and Amazon
    10. Trade Unions

I would wager that Christianity has a larger influence on all on that list, certainly more than the influence the things on that list have on Christianity.