hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

London Hibs Burns Night

If any of you folks are interested in attending, please see this thread in the London Hibs forum.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...19#post4843919

As outlined, we've a delegation from Hibs coming down and they're going to be bringing the Scottish Cup with them. You also won't miss the QoS match .

I hope to see some old and new faces.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its a bit sad it's far flung supporters that are so keen to get something like this organised while in Leith all there is is tumbleweed!

While this is happening in London I've heard of similar happening in places like Australia and New Zealand ... and still the tumbleweed blows in the wind down Easter Road!

Opportunity surely for the Football club or even the Hibs Supporters Club to fill the gap.
    Last edited by Jack; 24-10-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a bit sad it's far flung supporters that are so keen to get something like this organised while in Leith all there is is tumbleweed!

While this is happening in London I've heard of similar happening in places like Australia and New Zealand ... and still the tumbleweed blows in the wind down Easter Road!

Opportunity surely for the Football club or even the Hibs Supporters Club to fill the gap.
    Not sure I follow what you are getting at Jack?

It might be obvious, but I'm not that bright

Left by mutual consent!

I suppose it's simply liaison between us as a supporters club and the football club itself. If you build up a rapport then it works both ways.

FWIW - the club sponsors are also pivotal players and can help pull a few strings. Recently, Whyte & MaKay and Crabbies supplied us with as much booze as we could drink (we gave it our best shot and our livers took one for the team) and McEwan Fraser helped us with some fantastic hospitality packages and merchandise for raffle prizes. Marathon Bet (who I met on Friday) are also going to play a blinder and will make this a night to remember. It's simply great PR and a win/win with a minimal outlay.

It's more about being proactive rather than simply being reactive. I shudder to think how much cash our members spend on following Hibs and an event such as this is us getting something back.

Far be it for me to decry what other branches are or aren't doing - but we're simply trying to raise as much money as possible so we can continue to purchase season tickets for our members (which we rarely use).

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Not sure I follow what you are getting at Jack?

It might be obvious, but I'm not that bright
    Why don't we have one, or two, or more Hibs Supporters Burns Nights up here?

I'm just jealous of all these guys having a Hibby good time!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs Supporters Club View Post
    I suppose it's simply liaison between us as a supporters club and the football club itself. If you build up a rapport then it works both ways.

FWIW - the club sponsors are also pivotal players and can help pull a few strings. Recently, Whyte & MaKay and Crabbies supplied us with as much booze as we could drink (we gave it our best shot and our livers took one for the team) and McEwan Fraser helped us with some fantastic hospitality packages and merchandise for raffle prizes. Marathon Bet (who I met on Friday) are also going to play a blinder and will make this a night to remember. It's simply great PR and a win/win with a minimal outlay.

It's more about being proactive rather than simply being reactive. I shudder to think how much cash our members spend on following Hibs and an event such as this is us getting something back.

Far be it for me to decry what other branches are or aren't doing - but we're simply trying to raise as much money as possible so we can continue to purchase season tickets for our members (which we rarely use).
    Like :-)
    Space to let

Why don't we have one, or two, or more Hibs Supporters Burns Nights up here?

I'm just jealous of all these guys having a Hibby good time!
    Distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that I think. A bit like st. Paddys day, the Americans and particularly the Bostonians take that to another level :)

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Berwick and District Hibs Supporters used to always have a great Burns Night every year

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    Berwick and District Hibs Supporters used to always have a great Burns Night every year
    That of course is because Bill, ex London Hibs took our model & applied it brilliantly for the Berwick branch! Bill, if you read this say hello.

First Team Regular
    Been down twice for the dinners and they are fab just a great laugh from start to finish

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    That of course is because Bill, ex London Hibs took our model & applied it brilliantly for the Berwick branch! Bill, if you read this say hello.
    Hello Brian, hope you are well bud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to "Address the haggis" if needed? One of the few recitations I can deliver. I love holy Wullie's prayer and of course Tam o Shanter

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but...

...if anyone is still interested in attending our Burns Night on the 28th January, can you drop me a PM with your email address so I can add you to the list. We've only got a handful of tickets left and this will be a ticket only event. No ticket = No entry.

We also have two options for the Saturday afternoon. We are attempting to get a live feed of the match against QoS and our plan is to show this in a private cinema in Central London. All parties are in agreement, however this is dependent on the quality of infrastructure at Palmerston Park. If they don't have a suitable fibre optic cable, then it might be a non-starter.

We do have a Plan B - if there is no live feed, we're going to show the 'Time for Hero's' DVD with the sound turned up to full volume .

Left by mutual consent!
    Folks - Just to inform you that this event has

SOLD OUT

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs Supporters Club View Post
    Folks - Just to inform you that this event has

SOLD OUT
    What do you mean sold out? I've just found out about it. Can't you get a bigger venue?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    What do you mean sold out? I've just found out about it. Can't you get a bigger venue?
    Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out?
    Yes at Tynecastle,they sell out but there is always spare seats ;-)

Promising Youngster
    [QUOTE=HUTCHYHIBBY;4854142]Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out
    When you are holding an event with a lot of interest (such as a cup final) you book a bigger venue (Hampden rather than Tynie ). There's a bigger pub around the corner on Kingsway for a start, and 3 months before the event.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=Flyman;4854202]
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out
    When you are holding an event with a lot of interest (such as a cup final) you book a bigger venue (Hampden rather than Tynie ). There's a bigger pub around the corner on Kingsway for a start, and 3 months before the event.
    I've sent you a PM and asked you to email me with your requirements and I'll see what can be done. We can probably squeeze in a couple of extra seats on a table, but not a dozen.

Why aren't you on the London Hibs Mailing List? You'd have known about this months ago.